AKL LITE unofficial FAQ thread#10 - I believe that's known as a 'Jambo Dozen'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard as well that the DVC Standard Studio view could be a partial Savannah view(or maybe I dreamed it up when i did the long haul of reading through this thread 2-3 months ago). Not sure which rooms they would be though. I would consider it a bit of pixie dust to get...which I'm hoping for come October when we go as we're renting as well. But I'm going to be asking for close to the lobby so probably not. We'll see, anything can happen at Walt Disney World! :wizard:

....hmmmm....interesting....

well, we do NOT want a partial savannah room. We are actually excited about the Pool view, that's WHY we booked this room category.

I do have the screen captures of the CM telling, assuring me really after repeated questioning, that we would have a pool view from a DVC standard view studio.

I guess that should mean/do something !@??!??!

If that is not what we are originally presented with, I might just have to make some serious waves ... we are there for 14 nights ...

well, we do NOT want a partial savannah room. We are actually excited about the Pool view, that's WHY we booked this room category.

I do have the screen captures of the CM telling, assuring me really after repeated questioning, that we would have a pool view from a DVC standard view studio.

If that is not what we are originally presented with, I might just have to make some serious waves ... we are there for 14 nights ...

I'm sure when you check in and they show you where the room is you can confirm its a pool view and on the very very small chance its not, ask them to move you, I'm sure there are others who would be happy to take it, no shortage of people wanting savannah views! lol. I wouldn't stress it too much or at all really.

Hey guys, Quick question. I have rented DVC Standard View Studio in Jambo house. Now, when I booked, I checked with two CMs first, and BOTH assured me that Standard view studio villa at DVC only overlook the pool. That if I booked a Stardard view studio DVC at Jambo house, I would have a view of the pool. I even have screen caps of one of the online conversations where the CM repeatedly confirms this, because I was quite nervous. Then I just read someone replying to someone who booked a Standard View Studio DVC Jambo that they might end up with a partial Savanna view, not a pool view. Can anyone confirm or deny this ? I really don't want this to ruin our vacation, but its going to be a massive disappointment and stress if this is the case, but I would rather know than not know. TIA

We just returned from AKL in a standard view studio (DVC rental) and had a Savannah view. It was around on the back side where there weren't many animals, but we were just happy that it wasn't a parking lot view, which is what I expected.

On the same trip we had also booked a standard view room for the last 2 nights of our stay (not DVC) and we were given a Savannah view then as well, but the CM at the desk had to go through a lot of effort to get it for us.

They seem to try hard to give everyone a Savannah view when they can, but also seem very accustomed to switching rooms around at check in, so look at where it is on the map, and if you don't like it, I bet they will find something that makes you happy.

I'm sure when you check in and they show you where the room is you can confirm its a pool view and on the very very small chance its not, ask them to move you, I'm sure there are others who would be happy to take it, no shortage of people wanting savannah views! lol. I wouldn't stress it too much or at all really.

We just returned from AKL in a standard view studio (DVC rental) and had a Savannah view. It was around on the back side where there weren't many animals, but we were just happy that it wasn't a parking lot view, which is what I expected.

On the same trip we had also booked a standard view room for the last 2 nights of our stay (not DVC) and we were given a Savannah view then as well, but the CM at the desk had to go through a lot of effort to get it for us.

They seem to try hard to give everyone a Savannah view when they can, but also seem very accustomed to switching rooms around at check in, so look at where it is on the map, and if you don't like it, I bet they will find something that makes you happy.

Folks, thank you !!! I am so hoping you are both right. My wife is dealing with some illness right now, and she is SO excited for the "pool view" we have been promised ... I don't want to increase her stress level at all by throwing a potential wrench into the mix, she is just barely holding on to the trip as something positive in the future as it is.... BUT, she is SO looking forward to the pool view. I really do hope that, considering I have the screen cap of my conversations with the CM, and if we aren't happy with the room view, they will do the best to accommodate us. Heck, even if it is for the second half of the stay, whatever it is ... I just SOOOOo want her to be happy. that's a good thing right ???

Anyway, so here is the deal then, I have to keep this stress bottled in for myself for the next 29 days. because I don't want to share it with her, I don't want her to worry in the slightest.... so ... thank you folks for giving me support. Greatly appreciated.

You can book a DVC Deluxe Studio as a Standard View (Pool or Parking Lot) or a Deluxe Studio as a Savanna View.

If you booked as a Standard View and requested Pool View then I am sure it is part of the reservation and that they will do everything they can to make sure you get that.

Folks, thank you !!! I am so hoping you are both right. My wife is dealing with some illness right now, and she is SO excited for the "pool view" we have been promised ... I don't want to increase her stress level at all by throwing a potential wrench into the mix, she is just barely holding on to the trip as something positive in the future as it is.... BUT, she is SO looking forward to the pool view. I really do hope that, considering I have the screen cap of my conversations with the CM, and if we aren't happy with the room view, they will do the best to accommodate us. Heck, even if it is for the second half of the stay, whatever it is ... I just SOOOOo want her to be happy. that's a good thing right ???

Anyway, so here is the deal then, I have to keep this stress bottled in for myself for the next 29 days. because I don't want to share it with her, I don't want her to worry in the slightest.... so ... thank you folks for giving me support. Greatly appreciated.

Call member services and ask they put a room request on the reservation to note that you specifically want a pool view and not a Savanna view of any sort.

Hi, I am sorry that your wife is sick, I understand how they can be. It seems like this trip anybody takes in the next couple of months is faced with a a lot of uncertainty of how their trip will go. (Including me). I am already worried about how fp+ will affect us on our touring. You don't need the extra stress of your resort room.

I would say plan on talking to the CM's at AKL and explain your situation, 99% of the time they are understanding and want to make your trip magical. I am doing a split stay here and POR and I have a special needs child. There are some things that will stress her out at a resort so I just talk to the CM's and they have been great.

And YES it is a great thing to want to make your wife happy, as I want to make my daughter happy. I do find that when I approach things from a kind and sensitive manner that people are receptive.:cloud9:

Good luck!:goodvibes

Boooo, check out tomorrow for us. We had some friends come by to wish us farewell.

Good morning, everyone! :sunny:

Hope you all have a super Saturday! Seems like a great day to do some AKL planning, doesn't it? :goodvibes

Hi all! So we are going to change our reservation to CL as it is available with our AP discount and not much more $$ than we are already paying for our May trip. My question - what room request can we make with CL? Floor? Location on the Savannah? Help! We have a 3 year old girl if that matters at all. Thanks so much!

Since we had this discussion on here already, I am going to include the fact that this information will help everyone trying to get to MCO on JetBlue in the late fall months can finally rejoice... They are releasing their dates through January 5th on Sunday, April 6.

Good morning, everyone! :sunny:

Hope you all have a super Saturday! Seems like a great day to do some AKL planning, doesn't it? :goodvibes

Indeed!

Stuck in a holding pattern over here, in general. Resort reservation - done. ADRs - done. Touring plans - done. Waiting for FP+ window to open on 5/30.

Fortunately my (very first ever) iPhone arrived on Tuesday and has kept me busy this week :) Can you guess two of the very first apps I downloaded?? :whistle

Any ideas for other apps I should add? Other planning I should be doing? Anything else to pass the time?!

Since we had this discussion on here already, I am going to include the fact that this information will help everyone trying to get to MCO on JetBlue in the late fall months can finally rejoice... They are releasing their dates through January 5th on Sunday, April 6.

Holy moly!

I asked on a couple of other threads, but does anyone know the name of the pillows at AKV? My searching has shown Belk.com, and the carpenter beyond down pillow. The problem is they have 3 different kinds. If anyone is there and can look at the tag I would greatly appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter