Akershus into Frozen Ever After

Mano22

Earning My Ears
I have a pre-open ADR at Akershus for breakfast. Was planning on using this to get right into the front of the line of FEA, but then realized that the world showcase doesn't technically open until 11:00 (even though I am eating there at 8:00 AM...) Does that mean that FEA does not open until 11:00 as well? If so any good strategies for riding it? I am finding Fastpasses at Epcot very frustrating since there only 3 "good" rides and they are all tier 1! Thanks!

We did this last year (our reservation was for 8:10) and it worked out very well, we got three rides in before the crowds really hit (we waited about 15 mins for the last ride). Our DD was very happy.

I've done it. It works. In November I was with my friend and her three kids and we took a little longer with breakfast than needed and still ended up mixing in with the rope drop crowd and waiting less than 20 minutes. I'm planning to do this again in August.

I've done it. It works. In November I was with my friend and her three kids and we took a little longer with breakfast than needed and still ended up mixing in with the rope drop crowd and waiting less than 20 minutes. I'm planning to do this again in August.

Ditto - just did this last week and even though we didn't leave Akershus until probably 9:15 or so, we still only had a 15-20 minute wait for Frozen Ever After.

It didn't work for us last summer. We waited forever for Ariel to circle to us and the RD crowd was already there when we exited.

We are trying it again next week. Hopefully it'll be easier now that FEA isn't so new.

With a PPO ADR sometimes you just have to make a choice. Wait for all the characters to visit or cut bait and bail, heading to the attraction that it was the object of your desire.
Yeah, I get that. For us, we weren't willing to skip a character. We had a FEA FP for later in the week, just in case, so it wasn't critical. We walked right into the Sommerhaus and then rode Test Track twice with little wait.

I found the time of your ADR doesn't matter as much as where you are seated. We had an 8:00 ADR and were seated in a little corner that had us at the end of the princess rotation. Others with an ADR later than ours, but better location, were in and out with the princesses. They were out before 9:00, and we weren't able to leave until 9:20. It was frustrating when they all walked right passed us to meet with (much) later seated people, but we still only had about a 30 min wait for FEA.

We did this in December, had an 8:05 ressie, got seated at 8:10 was out by 9:05. The line had just opened so it was "pouring" our passed Akershus but we only waited 15 minutes. Then waited 10 minutes to meet A & E. Worked great and we didn't feel rushed at all.

We did this in April, and worked fantastic. 8 a.m. reservation - got to park about 7:30 a.m., let in 7:45 a.m. - were seated right away - out by 8:45 a.m. (we told our server so he could help us take care of the check early) - straight onto Frozen Ever After no wait... then on to Anna/Elsa meet and greet with about a 15 min wait. Another note about Akershus if you want Mickey waffles (it was the first day of our trip, so we did) - they aren't on the buffet/menu, but if you ask your server nicely, you can usually get them. We asked when we were seated and got a plate of Mickey waffles - so did the people with the table next to us. Have fun!

So we did this and it worked perfectly. Arrived at Epcot 7:45 for our 8:05 Akershus res. They did not let us in until 7:55 or so, but we doubletimed it to Norway, checked in, saw all 4 princesses and did the parade, ate to our hearts content, and left at 8:50, walked onto FEA, and then ran it back a second time with no wait. Could not have worked out any better.

We are doing this in a couple of weeks. We are staying at BWV. We can walk to International Gateway and enter that way right?

We are doing this in a couple of weeks. We are staying at BWV. We can walk to International Gateway and enter that way right?
Yes, but be aware you can't go through the top of the WS. You have to go via Britain, Canada, Entrance to WS, Mexico.

We did this in April. We had an 8:15 reservation but got to Epcot early enough and booked it to Akershus. We were the 3rd family seated and we managed to see all the princesses and eat plenty. We left at 8:50 and got right on line at FEA that was ending right near the entrance to Akershus. It moved quickly, less than 10 minutes. When we exited the line was stretched back outside of Norway and about 15-20 to the side. I made a joke about being happy I wasn't waiting on that and the cast member said things were moving well so it was only about 25 minutes to wait. I don't think fastpasses are available in the morning so the standby line keeps moving along.

They did not let us in until 7:55 or so, but we doubletimed it to Norway, checked in, saw all 4 princesses and did the parade, ate to our hearts content, and left at 8:50, walked onto FEA, and then ran it back a second time with no wait.
There is a parade?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter