AK Burgers and Sundaes

jimmykitefan

Mouseketeer
Looking forward to a review of the new QS meal at AK called Burgers and Sundaes, or something like that. Anyone done this yet?

When I contacted Disney to ask about it, they indicated that this meal was not going to count as QS.

When I contacted Disney to ask about it, they indicated that this meal was not going to count as QS.

That's certainly strange. One thing I noted in the description was "gratuity not included NOR needed". To say that sounds like QS to me.
Will this be a permanent addition to Restaurantasaurus, or at least" until further notice?

When I booked it, it was advertised as quick service. If the meal is table service, I am going to cancel it.

Right from the reservation screen which is the same as Be Our Guest breakfast which is also a Quick Service meal.

Disney Dining Plans Accepted at Restaurantosaurus Dig Site Sundaes and Gourmet Burgers
When you book a Disney vacation, you may opt to purchase a Magic Your Way Vacation Package that includes one of our Disney Dining Plans. Each Dining Plan provides a set of entitlements you can redeem at select Walt Disney World dining locations.
Refer to your specific dining plan for the number of entitlements required per person for this location.

Dining Plan TypeEntitlements Required
Dinner
2019 Disney Dining Plan Table Service Meal - Child (TBX)1
2019 Disney Dining Plan Table Service Meal - Adult (TBX)1
2019 Disney Dining Plan 1 Quick Service Meal (TBX)1
2019 Disney Deluxe Dining Plan Deluxe Plan Meals (TBX)1

Last edited:
The original release stated that it would be a QS credit. I would think it should be. The Italian Family style meal is a QS and it has salads, pizza, pastas & dessert.

Part of the restaurant will be blocked off for TS for Burgers and Sundaes (reservations available starting August 18).

The other part of the restaurant will be used for the same QS available now (no reservations accepted).
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/animal-kingdom/restaurantosaurus/

While "table service" it does take a quick service credit as payment per the reservation system on Disney's site.

No clue if they will keep the standard quick service open as well or not. I could see the hours listed at your link including the table service even though the walk up option closes.

While "table service" it does take a quick service credit as payment per the reservation system on Disney's site.

No clue if they will keep the standard quick service open as well or not. I could see the hours listed at your link including the table service even though the walk up option closes.

The burgers and sundaes page is very clear that the regular Counter Service option is still available.

“Use the Check Availability tool above to book a dinner reservation. We may also be able to accommodate walk-ins. Short on time? Our original quick-service experience is still available for a fast ‘n’ easy meal.

I have a reservation for September, but may cancel it once we see the menu if the specialty burgers are not things that look to be easily modified for gluten-free people.

Right from the reservation screen which is the same as Be Our Guest breakfast which is also a Quick Service meal.

Disney Dining Plans Accepted at Restaurantosaurus Dig Site Sundaes and Gourmet Burgers
When you book a Disney vacation, you may opt to purchase a Magic Your Way Vacation Package that includes one of our Disney Dining Plans. Each Dining Plan provides a set of entitlements you can redeem at select Walt Disney World dining locations.
Refer to your specific dining plan for the number of entitlements required per person for this location.

Dining Plan TypeEntitlements Required
Dinner
2019 Disney Dining Plan Table Service Meal - Child (TBX)1
2019 Disney Dining Plan Table Service Meal - Adult (TBX)1
2019 Disney Dining Plan 1 Quick Service Meal (TBX)1
2019 Disney Deluxe Dining Plan Deluxe Plan Meals (TBX)1
Sweet. Good to know it was just another CM that wasn't sure. I didn't see this screen, but then again, it's not open for my trip yet.

“Use the Check Availability tool above to book a dinner reservation. We may also be able to accommodate walk-ins. Short on time? Our original quick-service experience is still available for a fast ‘n’ easy meal.

See I don't take that as the quick service being open during dinner for sure just that the quick service will still be a thing at the location. We also don't know if they will only have reserved seating and if you do the quick service portion you would need to find a seat elsewhere outside the restaurant.

Good thing is unless you are going the very first day hopefully all of this will be reviewed by someone on here or YouTube.

See I don't take that as the quick service being open during dinner for sure just that the quick service will still be a thing at the location. We also don't know if they will only have reserved seating and if you do the quick service portion you would need to find a seat elsewhere outside the restaurant.

Good thing is unless you are going the very first day hopefully all of this will be reviewed by someone on here or YouTube.

Hopefully here. I am NOT a YouTube fan.

Hopefully here. I am NOT a YouTube fan.

Whats wrong with YouTube there is well thought out and very informative videos on there. The people run this board have hours of videos each week as an example and TheTimTracker has great first had experiences of Disney and other places.

It will end up here though.

I was told it was quick service when I booked it. I was also told it was a quick service credit when I emailed with a question.

Whats wrong with YouTube there is well thought out and very informative videos on there. The people run this board have hours of videos each week as an example and TheTimTracker has great first had experiences of Disney and other places.

It will end up here though.

I always feel talked to there. I am not a toddler and can read and research on my own. And there is a lot of incorrect info - and opinion that gets presented as fact.

I also prefer to experience something myself rather than watching video of it. You can do research by reading stuff just as easily.

But I am clearly in the minority given the groupies of people who find vacations and such for their favorites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter