• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation Information Superthread (READ FIRST POST FOR OVERVIEW!)

... Thanks for the Lansky recommendation. I’ll contact them for a price quote and compare to a rental.
If you skim through even the last few pages of this thread, you should see quite a few positive reviews for Lansky -- great service, provide car seats (up to date, usually new, safe!) upon request, short grocery stop on the way to hotel included upon request, etc.

Looking for recommendations for 5 adults traveling early December 1. Coming into Long Beach airport, staying at Dolphin's Cove on Orangewood off Harbor. Thanks!

I usually take a Lyft or Uber, though this year I opted for a yellow cab since they do a flat fare to Disneyland. With 5 adults (and depending on the bags), you may want to see which taxis are available and can take everyone if you opt for that. Otherwise you can just go for a larger Lyft/Uber but that pricing is subject to change based on demand/surge.

I will say that my friend that I was travelling with definitely still prefers Uber/Lyft even if it may cost more because the transactions are seamless whereas both cabs (going to DL and then coming back to LBG) had issues about the machine working (it worked, there was just an issue that caused us to spend a bit of time figuring it out and getting it rerun) or just tracking our car and knowing where it was at. Those items are important to my friend (not so much to me).

in the past we have done 5 people in a taxi for flat rate of $45. just go to the taxi stand at the airport and wait for the van

in the past we have done 5 people in a taxi for flat rate of $45. just go to the taxi stand at the airport and wait for the van

I gotta vote for taxi (minivan version) as well. Taxis and minivans are the same flat rate, which is very similar to Uber/Lyft XL fare estimate ($50-$60). You take one small crosswalk to the taxi stand where they are waiting for you. Off you go.

Uber/Lyft XL only guarantees seats for 6, not seats and luggage space for 6. If it's a mid-size SUV with a third row that takes up the cargo space, you will need to do 3 in the middle, 1 in the back, and split fold the 3rd row (if it's capable) for luggage space. You can Google to see "What to expect with Uber/Lyft XL" to see what kinds of vehicles to expect. They are mostly in that mid-SUV class.

Taxi.... flat rate to DLR area and just cross the street and they are lined up waiting for you. So easy! Sometimes there are shuttle vans to the left across the street and you can ask over there. We have gotten a shuttle for $40 for 2 people and the driver took just us right away.

I would take Lyft. Much safer than taking a Taxi. I have been scammed by Taxis too many times and now only take Lyft.

Help, I'm a WDW veteran but a DL newbie. What's the best way to get from LAX to Disneyland? Rent a car, shuttle service or Uber? Nervous about driving in LA traffic and the car would literally sit in the lot for 3 days. The private shuttle service is $145 round trip. I think Uber would be cheaper but worried about the set up at LAX with the new ride share parking lot and concerned about surge pricing since we are arriving on Memorial day. What do you think???? Any insight would be very helpful.

Uber. Cost us $52.68 leaving LAX at 2:15pm on a Tuesday In March last year. Funny thing was that the app said to look for a silver Prius. There were about 6 silver Prii out there. There are a lot of Prii in California.

I've done all 3 options. We like AnaheimTownCars as a service but they aren't the cheapest option. I just did the new ride share option with the new ride share lot arrangement and it wasn't that bad, but we did have to wait almost 30 minutes for a ride. Pricing for a Lyft on Nov 1 was about $41 but that included the tip but it also included a 25% discount special they were running. We flew Southwest which is right there next to the ride share lot so we didn't have to ride a bus to the lot. As far as I know Southwest is the only airline in that terminal so any other airline and you have to ride a bus to the ride share area making it far less attractive. Another option is to rent a car for 1 day in both directions. I did this in July and again on the return part of our trip on Nov 4. My main reason for renting a car both times was for a couple of college visits for my daughter before heading back to the airport. Renting a car at LAX and dropping it in Anaheim cost me $101 back in July but the return rental only cost $48 for a total round trip of $149.00 plus I had to top the car off with gas both ways so add another $30. So renting the car over a town car service kind of only makes sense if you are going to have other stops (like college visits)

Not sure about surge pricing but I think on average your going to pay around $50 each way for a ride share but there may be a bit of a hassle with getting to the lot.

$150-$180 for a rental car and gas picking up and dropping same day in both directions (Alamo and National both have rental car counters on Katella just a block or so from most hotels). There are others but I have experience with these two.

$150 - $225 for a car service that will pick you up at your terminal and then return you to said terminal at the end of your trip.

It just comes down to what the convenience is worth to you.

I rent a car, but I get free parking for being an AP. We also go other places like Angles games or the beach in the evenings. Renting a car allows me to get a cheaper hotel that's a little further from property.

shuttle..... in the past PrimeTime Shuttle was easy and a good price (haven't flown into LAX in years!) We booked in advance and they picked us up and did not cruise the airport looking for more passengers.

I have been searching for options to DL from ONT airport area, and haven't found much at all. Anyone have any suggestions? I was planning initially to uber, but want an option I can actually schedule. We are flying into ONT to see family for a day, staying at a hotel near the airport, but then need to get to DL. Help would be appreciated!!

I don't have specifics because I've never used them, but there are shuttles available from ONT to the DL hotels. What surprised me was how darned expensive they were! They were more expensive from ONT than from other local airports It's actually cheaper to rent a car, depending of course on the number of days, etc.

I have family in the area and always use ONT when I fly to visit them. If I'm going to DL for just a day I rent a car. If I'm going to stay at DL for a few days before/after visiting them I always drive (No Cal to So Cal). If that's not doable, would a family member be willing to drive you to Anaheim?

And yes, you can preschedule an Uber.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter