Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation Information Superthread (READ FIRST POST FOR OVERVIEW!)

If I'm reading it right, Execucar is $74 one way from LAX to DLR for 3 or 4 people. AM I reading it right?

I just repost my post from the last page... (didn’t catch enough attention in the discussion...)
So I give it another try because I could really need some input...:blush:

We will arrive Nov 27 at LAX (day before thanksgiving)
I planned to simply use DRE again (used it last year and liked it)
Since I like to do a thorough research I just checked rates for supershuttle. If I choose the “Execucar Business express” I would pay pretty much the same price for my group of 3 as I would pay for DRE. But it would be a direct and non-shared ride... that does sound tempting... and I am a little worried about traffic one day before a mayor holiday (we arrive at LAX 1:30PM so it will be fun for sure...)

I have never used anything like that. So any advice and experiences are welcome...
It says 4 passengers and 4 bags in total. So I assume 3 large checked bags (inside regular airline restrictions of course) along carry on bags should work?
Those execucars shouldn’t be affected by Lax-it and still pickup curbside outside of baggage claim?
And a question about scheduling the pick ups. You put in all your arrival data online but we’ll have to go through immigration so all bets are off on this one (between 30 min and 2h+ everything is possible) Does any one know how that works?
For the return trip to LAX I guess I could just choose an earlier flight to allow enough time at the airport (yes I know... I am chicken hearted)
That „business express“ label didn’t mean Anything right? I don’t have to be a business person?

Any other general feedback about that Execucar business express option from super shuttle? or things I should know?

reviews from supershuttel are pretty bad so I am really not sure if I should simply stick with the DRE...

I just repost my post from the last page... (didn’t catch enough attention in the discussion...)

Since I like to do a thorough research I just checked rates for supershuttle. If I choose the “Execucar Business express” I would pay pretty much the same price for my group of 3 as I would pay for DRE. But it would be a direct and non-shared ride... that does sound tempting... and I am a little worried about traffic one day before a mayor holiday (we arrive at LAX 1:30PM so it will be fun for sure...)

I have never used anything like that. So any advice and experiences are welcome...
It says 4 passengers and 4 bags in total. So I assume 3 large checked bags (inside regular airline restrictions of course) along carry on bags should work?
Those execucars shouldn’t be affected by Lax-it and still pickup curbside outside of baggage claim?
And a question about scheduling the pick ups. You put in all your arrival data online but we’ll have to go through immigration so all bets are off on this one (between 30 min and 2h+ everything is possible) Does any one know how that works?
For the return trip to LAX I guess I could just choose an earlier flight to allow enough time at the airport (yes I know... I am chicken hearted)
That „business express“ label didn’t mean Anything right? I don’t have to be a business person?

Any other general feedback about that Execucar business express option from super shuttle? or things I should know?

reviews from supershuttel are pretty bad so I am really not sure if I should simply stick with the DRE...

Flew in today Saturday. Landed at 11am I decided to use super shuttle business express because the Uber/Lyft issues. We were at our hotel at 12:00 things could not have went smoother so glad I decided to switch.

A couple posts down from your original post was someone responding that they used the business express option and liked it.

It says 4 passengers and 4 bags in total. So I assume 3 large checked bags (inside regular airline restrictions of course) along carry on bags should work? YES
Those execucars shouldn’t be affected by Lax-it and still pickup curbside outside of baggage claim? YES
And a question about scheduling the pick ups. You put in all your arrival data online but we’ll have to go through immigration so all bets are off on this one (between 30 min and 2h+ everything is possible) Does any one know how that works? I'M SURE THE SHUTTLE SERVICE IS AWARE OF INTERNATIONAL ISSUES. YOU CAN CALL TO SEE HOW THEY SCHEDULE. I'M GUESSING THAT THEY DON'T EVEN GET YOU A SHUTTLE UNTIL YOU CHECK IN OUTSIDE OF BAGGAGE CLAIM, ON THE STREET.
For the return trip to LAX I guess I could just choose an earlier flight to allow enough time at the airport (yes I know... I am chicken hearted) SUPERSHUTTLE PROVIDES ***PLENTY*** OF TIME. IT'S ALWAYS BEEN TOO EARLY FOR MY TASTE. I DON'T THINK YOU NEED TO CHOOSE AN EARLIER FLIGHT. FRANKLY, I'D USE UBER/LYFT. IT WAS $50 ON SATURDAY AT 8:30 HOTEL PICKUP YESTERDAY.
That „business express“ label didn’t mean Anything right? I don’t have to be a business person? NO

Any other general feedback about that Execucar business express option from super shuttle? or things I should know? I'VE USED SUPER SHUTTLE AND SUPER SHUTTLES NON-SHARED VAN SERVICE BEFORE. i HATE SHARED SUPER SHUTTLE. THE NON-SHARED WAS FINE.

I HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING GOOD ABOUT DRE. IT'S NOT RELATED TO DISNEY IN ANY WAY. THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT MIGHT NEED IT ARE THOSE THAT TRAVEL WITHOUT CAR SEATS FOR THEIR KIDS. WHICH ISN'T SMART IMO BECAUSE PLANES GO FASTER THAN CARS AND TURBULENCE ISN'T SAFE. PLUS THE ROWS ARE SO NARROW I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU'D CARE FOR A KID WITHOUT PURCHASING A SEAT.

I’ve only used DRE once one way (from DLR to LAX) but it worked fantastic. I took it from the Disneyland hotel and there was an employee there to make sure everyone was in the right spot. The bus was just a little late and it got to the airport early. I highly recommend but I didn’t take it from the airport to Disneyland so I don’t know if that’s different.

Looking for suggestions for the best option in your opinion for a party of 9.. Travel from LAX to DL and back. As well as a midweek trip from DL to Universal. We're trying to weigh the cost of renting a big van versus finding a way from someone else. Would prefer to have it all booked as opposed to Uber... And don't want to mess with waiting for anyone to show up. Want to have a pickup time nailed down! With 9 we could be tricky! Checked a few places out from the sticky post ... Just looking for opinions. We've used private van transportation from MCO and become spoiled 😉Thanks

Last edited:
Looking for suggestions for the best option in your opinion for a party of 9.. Travel from LAX to DL and back. As well as a midweek trip from DL to Universal. We're trying to weigh the cost of renting a big van versus finding a way from someone else. Would prefer to have it all booked as opposed to Uber... With 9 we could be tricky! Checked a few places out from the sticky post ... Just looking for opinions. Thanks
We did the super shuttle private shuttle as a group of 8 before. 👍

I think this is the company that I looked into several years ago. I could not ind much information at the time, so I went to Yelp and the reviews were not good at all. They basically fill seats that would be empty for other shuttle companies and that is why the price is lower. But then you are the first one skipped if there is an issue or they need a seat for a late booking by someone who booked direct with the other shuttle companies. I crossed them off my list. We use UBER to and from LAX.

I think this is the company that I looked into several years ago. I could not ind much information at the time, so I went to Yelp and the reviews were not good at all. They basically fill seats that would be empty for other shuttle companies and that is why the price is lower. But then you are the first one skipped if there is an issue or they need a seat for a late booking by someone who booked direct with the other shuttle companies. I crossed them off my list. We use UBER to and from LAX.

I was thinking of using UBER or Lyft but I am nervous about surge pricing and read that now you must take a shuttle to a special ride share lot? Seems like a pain.

I was thinking of using UBER or Lyft but I am nervous about surge pricing and read that now you must take a shuttle to a special ride share lot? Seems like a pain.

Yeah - you do have to do the shuttle to the ride share lot now. I have not flown since that change, but it keeps being on the news. I am not planning to fly from LAX until March, so am giving it time to settle down with the new process for ride share at LAX.

But still - I looked at reviews for that Shuttle2LAX place today after responding and there were 99 on Trip Adviser and 82 of them were 1 star with some horrific service issues. I would avoid that option. Super Shuttle is ok. I used to use them prior to switching to UBER for the airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter