Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation Information Superthread (READ FIRST POST FOR OVERVIEW!)

Based on recent experiences.

Super Shuttle, Prime Time Shuttle or Karmel?

First time to fly into LAX. There will be 3 of us, including a 2 year old in a car seat (provided by us).

Thanks! Haven't been around these parts in a few years!

I’ve always used Super Shuttle & been happy with them. I really enjoy that I can track my shuttle on a map to see how close they are. I can’t comment on the others though as I’ve never used them.

Have you looked into Uber or Lyft? it would probably actually be cheaper for the 3 of you, and it would be a direct private ride, instead of shared with the possibility of many others getting dropped off before you.

I'm so done with Super Shuttle. Had a few awful experiences with them. I've only used Uber or Lyft the last few times, and it was great.

I’ve always used Super Shuttle & been happy with them. I really enjoy that I can track my shuttle on a map to see how close they are. I can’t comment on the others though as I’ve never used them.

I didn't know you could track to see how close they are. Thanks for the info. I've always flown into SNA/used Super Shuttle and have had good experiences. My daughter and I will be flying out of SNA this trip and will use Super Shuttle for that leg of the trip. Do you know if there is a coupon code available for SS? I know there was one for a long time but I don't remember it - probably not the same after all this time.

Have you looked into Uber or Lyft? it would probably actually be cheaper for the 3 of you, and it would be a direct private ride, instead of shared with the possibility of many others getting dropped off before you.

I'm so done with Super Shuttle. Had a few awful experiences with them. I've only used Uber or Lyft the last few times, and it was great.

Thanks for the reply. I haven't...I just assumed it would be a lot more expensive than the shared van. I think there are only 7 people total in a Super Shuttle shared van, so with us taking up 3 of the spots I wasn't too worried about the possibility of being dropped off last. I was originally looking at Disneyland Resort Express since I wasn't going to be traveling with a car seat. A recent post about the bus not showing up to take someone to SNA scared me off. I'll be flying out of SNA, which is the airport I've always used before.

Thanks for the reply. I haven't...I just assumed it would be a lot more expensive than the shared van. I think there are only 7 people total in a Super Shuttle shared van, so with us taking up 3 of the spots I wasn't too worried about the possibility of being dropped off last. I was originally looking at Disneyland Resort Express since I wasn't going to be traveling with a car seat. A recent post about the bus not showing up to take someone to SNA scared me off. I'll be flying out of SNA, which is the airport I've always used before.
With the shared van, you are paying 2 adult and 1 child fare... with Uber or Lyft, it's just the one. Also, if you haven't used Uber before, you can find a code online for like $22 off or something like that, making your first trip from SNA free, or nearly free. Especially from SNA, it's very economical, and so nice to be door to door in your own car.

Lyft also has a "new customer" deal, I think that is more along the lines of $10 off each of your first 2 rides... which would work well for round trip from and to the airport.

So I had been thinking that since an Uber was going to cost us around $100 for my family of 4 to get to DL from LAX, that I would check on a Limo for us. I knew it would be more expensive, but if it wasn't too much more I would be willing to pay the extra just for the fun experience for our 2 teenagers. The first one I called was B&W Limos and they quoted me $455 one-way! :faint: :scared1: I just wanted to post this in case others were looking for a price.

So I had been thinking that since an Uber was going to cost us around $100 for my family of 4 to get to DL from LAX, that I would check on a Limo for us. I knew it would be more expensive, but if it wasn't too much more I would be willing to pay the extra just for the fun experience for our 2 teenagers. The first one I called was B&W Limos and they quoted me $455 one-way! :faint: :scared1: I just wanted to post this in case others were looking for a price.
...were they gonna fan you with palm leaves and feed you grapes too?

I hope that's for an actual stretch limo (like one of the Hummer ones with party lights and such), because that is very high for a car service with a Towncar or Suburban (which is also sometimes generically referred to as "limo service"). You can hire a car - roundtrip - with a driver that'll hold a sign with your name, and help with bags, and give you some water bottles, and all that for much less.

So total newbie to Uber etc (it's not offered where I live) but basically you enter where you want to go (aka your Disney hotel) and then it shows you cars that are at the airport, you pick one, and they take you? Quicker to get going sort of thing than a shuttle?

So total newbie to Uber etc (it's not offered where I live) but basically you enter where you want to go (aka your Disney hotel) and then it shows you cars that are at the airport, you pick one, and they take you? Quicker to get going sort of thing than a shuttle?
Basically, yes. Think of it like calling a taxi. You input where you want to go. It tells you how much it'll cost at that time. You don't pick a car. The drivers in the area see your request, and one of them accepts. You are notified that a driver is on the way and will be there in XX minutes. The driver shows up (verify license plate), you hop in and they take you. It's much faster than waiting for a shuttle in most cases.

Uber and Lyft is your best bet, I found it way better and efficient.
No need to stop at multiple stops to pick up and drop off other passengers.

I would do Uber/Lyft for cheapest/fastest way to get there (especially since you're providing the car seat).

We've done Super Shuttle, and they're fine.

Karmel we did the Super Joe(?) van and it showed up over 40 minutes late. It was frustrating since it was one in our party's first time. They blamed it on traffic, but it was hard not to be pretty frustrated when they know how CA traffic is and to keep being told they'll be there soon while you're standing on the curb. The driver and vehicle were both nice, but I would rather have saved the $$ and just got to the hotel in a timely manner.

...were they gonna fan you with palm leaves and feed you grapes too?

Haha! For real! I’m gonna need some champagne and someone rubbing my feet the whole way there, for that price as well! :laughing:

I hope that's for an actual stretch limo (like one of the Hummer ones with party lights and such), because that is very high for a car service with a Towncar or Suburban (which is also sometimes generically referred to as "limo service"). You can hire a car - roundtrip - with a driver that'll hold a sign with your name, and help with bags, and give you some water bottles, and all that for much less.

I honestly am not sure. I just said I wanted a quote for an actual limo. I think I’m going to go with Lansky. They are $266.75 round trip with Meet and Greet and someone holding a sign with our name. I figure Uber will be a minimum of $200 round trip (at least that’s what it was in October when I was there), so for an extra $60 I will have something guaranteed and won’t have to worry about it.

Haha! For real! I’m gonna need some champagne and someone rubbing my feet the whole way there, for that price as well! :laughing:

I honestly am not sure. I just said I wanted a quote for an actual limo. I think I’m going to go with Lansky. They are $266.75 round trip with Meet and Greet and someone holding a sign with our name. I figure Uber will be a minimum of $200 round trip (at least that’s what it was in October when I was there), so for an extra $60 I will have something guaranteed and won’t have to worry about it.
Glad to hear! Lansky has worked well for us in the past. That’s actually what I was thinking of when I wrote the post!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter