Airport Patdowns

So, we are flying for the first time since the girls were 2yo. Thanks to the Internet, there are viral videos of kids getting pat downs at airports. One of my DDs is absolutely terrified of being selected for a pat down. She is extremely ticklish and is afraid if she puts her arms down in reflex that we will all be in trouble with security or police and that she will cause us to miss our flight or even go to jail.

DH and I have tried to reassure her that we will be there and if she has to get a pat down, we will explain that she is ticklish so the officer doing the pat down is aware. This does not console her. She even had her sister give her a "practice patdown" so she could practice trying to control her reflexes. Well, I guess the "practice patdown" ended badly and she was too ticklish to endure it.

She is freaking herself out to the point of tears. Instead of enjoying the countdown to our upcoming vacation, she is stressing out over airport security.

Any tips or advice? Anyone have a first hand experience with airport pat downs you are willing to share?
Have her wear short sleeves and shorts, no baggy clothing. The one time I was selected for a pat down was when I wore a long, full skirt. Never again.

But I've since gotten TSA Pre-Check, and recommend that as the very best way to minimize your chance at getting a pat-down.

But I've since gotten TSA Pre-Check, and recommend that as the very best way to minimize your chance at getting a pat-down.

I purchased Pre-Check, and the very first time I used it they decided to pull me out of line from the Pre-Check line for additional random screening. Figures.

But the good news is, I survived and made it onto my plane and to my destination! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter