• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles MEGA MILES Miles are Posting

If I have this correct, Lowes has a number of MegaMiles offers listed in their flyer (posted on Reebee):
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10095/1306008

Not up to speed on any of this, back Tuesday. Glad Sobeys giftcard promo is a week long, which means I don't have to count on my husband coming through (although he has been doing a great job).

Also Rona on flipp shows additional megamiles coupons.

For anyone in/near Dartmouth, NS, I didn't see any booklets on display at my local Lawtons yesterday (Cole Harbour Rd), but I asked an employee if they had any yet, and she did hand one over.

May I just whine a little? Our Atlantic offer for Sobeys is: Spend $150 at once, and receive 95 AM (or option to receive the bonus as gas coupons). Makes me very jealous that other Sobeys regions have gift cards as their offer. Because honestly, even though my husband works at Sobeys, and we buy 98% of our groceries from there (some Costco deals just can't be beat), we hardly ever buy $150 at once as it's just the 2 of us. So I'm going to have to lump in my Grandmother's groceries with ours, and get them to subtotal in the middle, and she will then pay us back... and it's all quite a hassle. A single gift card purchase to qualify as "an offer" would be heavenly. I used to just stock up on dry goods/long-expiry dated items etc. to meet thresholds before, but with only 1 flyer to work off, if it's not on sale that week, I'm paying too much usually, and that ends up feeling like I'm spending just for AM, which isn't ideal.

Okay thanks for letting me whine. I too hope for the credit card offers to show up online.

I agree it would be nice if NS had the same gift card offer! It is just me so there is no way I can get to that amount without wasted spending, which I refuse to do. Hoping for better offers to show up online!

Ok gang, time for some last minute tips & suggestions from The Duck
  • The website will launch at 00:01:01 EDT, try not to panic when you see how few offers are there initially it WILL populate through-out the day.
  • Pay careful attention to the dates on the coupons (especially the Cash redemption one since they can NOT refund your miles once you've used them!) they do not all start tomorrow and you don't want to get flustered at the till when it doesn't scan
  • Almost ALL of the Cash redemption coupons will NOT appear on your receipt but will post to your account within a few weeks. Make sure you see the coupon scanned and staple an extra one to your receipt for your records.
  • Very few partners have the ability to actually say anything about the coupon or bonus miles on either your receipt OR when they post to your account
  • If you're short of Cash miles I suggest making a trip to Rexall at some point in the next few days since those miles post within 24 hours, 7 days a week. You will need to switch your account to 100% Cash miles the day BEFORE you shop for this to work. If you are unclear over how this works just ask and I'll provide more details and some links
  • Sobey's FINALLY doesn't have the gift card offer in the flyer at the same time as the coupon but that doesn't mean it will work seamlessly. If possible, try to wait until you see reports that the system is working, this offer tends to be a real hassle until the kinks are ironed out
  • Rexall has the cash mile redemption offer in the flyer as well as the coupon booklet and this requires a warning! The coupon is active from Monday to Thursday and the flyer offer is only on the weekend. Don't get messed up and use your precious cash miles before the coupon is active! You MUST redeem the correct amount for the coupon to work and it DOES need to be scanned, be careful and watch the cashier like a hawk to make sure 190 miles are used towards your purchase and these won't show on the receipt but you should see a PLU number
  • The promo lasts for a full month so don't fret trying to complete the entire thing in a week, space out your coupon usage to allow you to stay within your budget, only need to use 5 offers this time so hopefully more of us will be able to complete it in full
  • I will turn post #4 into suggestions for the easy, low cost coupons and a list of people who are willing to help those who live in airmiles drought areas of the country. Eastern folks, if you have cash miles you could ask someone in Ontario to use them this week to check off a coupon
  • I will turn post #6 into a list of how coupons appear on receipts AND how they appear once they post

Final note, I'll be in Toronto tomorrow and while I'll be doing my best to answer questions that pop up, I'll only have my phone and that will limit my ability to provide any links or screen prints. I'm hoping you can all help each other out until i can get home, tag me in posts if you want to make sure i catch your questions.

Last edited:
  • Rexall has the cash mile redemption offer in the flyer as well as the coupon booklet and this requires a warning! You MUST redeem the correct amount for the coupon to work and it DOES need to be scanned, be careful and watch the cashier like a hawk to make sure 190 miles are used towards your purchase (and these won't show on the receipt but you should see a PLU number)You won't get double the miles BTW

Note: Flyer offer is for the weekend. Coupon for Mega Miles is Monday 25th to Thursday 28th.

Note: Flyer offer is for the weekend. Coupon for Mega Miles is Monday 25th to Thursday 28th.
EXCELLENT catch there! I'm just going off the images provided because i haven't snagged a booklet yet! I've changed my post to reflect that, thanks for pointing it out :thumbsup2

Has anyone seen any B.C. booklets? Just curious whether Safeway will have the gift card offer as we don’t always get it when Sobeys ON gets it.

• If you're short of Cash miles I suggest making a trip to Rexall at some point in the next few days since those miles post within 24 hours, 7 days a week. You will need to switch your account to 100% Cash miles the day BEFORE you shop for this to work. If you are unclear over how this works just ask and I'll provide more details and some links
  • And as someone who did the switch last week and didn't double check...check that your preferences have been noted and saved! I've ended up with a lot more cash miles, since my welcome bonus for BMO World Elite credit card posted as Cash instead of Rewards. Not a bad problem to have, but one that I wasn't expecting.

It's getting real now!
upload_2019-3-20_23-2-53.png
tenor.gif

Site is LIVE! But oh so glitchy

No AMEX offer :(
Mastercard offer -- they got wise and have set a $250 threshold instead of simply a number of transactions (only at Participating Partners as well!!)
Metro offers are STUPID! $25 on catering or buy a Fresh 2 go 3 topping extra large pizza

MEGA MILES

Last edited:
Site is LIVE! But oh so glitchy

No AMEX offer :(
Mastercard offer -- they got wise and have set a $250 threshold instead of simply a number of transactions
Metro offers are STUPID! $25 on catering or buy two 3 topping extra large pizzas

MEGA MILES

And the MC offer is a threshold spend *at qualifying partners*

I let my library fines build for no reason! :badpc:

the offers look pretty predictable and since we only need to use 5 coupons, I bet a lot of us are going to breeze through this promo, and the question is going to be how many times we complete the offer, not if we can do it.

And the MC offer is a threshold spend *at qualifying partners*

I let my library fines build for no reason! :badpc:

the offers look pretty predictable and since we only need to use 5 coupons, I bet a lot of us are going to breeze through this promo, and the question is going to be how many times we complete the offer, not if we can do it.

THANK YOU for the AMAZING catch! I had totally missed the fact that it will only count at Partners, that could have cost me the big promo on the main card :faint:

It might be tight for us to complete this I'm really happy it's only 5 coupons. We don't drink, only pet is a turtle, rarely shop at a Sobey's chain store (unless there's a big promo!), no one young enough in our crowd to need anything from Children's Place, and most of the threshold spends are HUGE.

The ones I'll try to complete:
Main card

1. Mastercard
  2. Rexall $40 spend
  3. Shell instore offer
  4. Airmilesshop
  5. Rona Cash miles (depending on what's included!)
Secondary card
  1. Rexall -- not sure which, depends on the answer to Rona Cash miles
  2. Urban Fresh gift card (today and I'll report back how many that nets me)
  3. Shell instore offer
  4. Airmilesshop
  5. ????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter