Airmiles MEGA MILES ****Bonus miles are posting now*** Timeline added to 1st post

Anyone do the Staples coupon instore and have your AM post yet. I did it last Thursday and Staples either posts within a day or they take about a week. I've passed both those now and I'm wondering what others have experienced. The coupon shows on my receipt.

Anyone do the Staples coupon instore and have your AM post yet. I did it last Thursday and Staples either posts within a day or they take about a week. I've passed both those now and I'm wondering what others have experienced. The coupon shows on my receipt.

Used mine last Saturday and nothing yet

It is disappointing to see that some Sobeys were awarding 300AM for each $150 gift card. I bought 3 GC today (2 this morning and one tonight) and my receipts show PLU 31, but only 150 AM on each....I asked and was told that it was only 150AM not 300AM...I will wait to see what posts, because to me, we should have received 300 AM, because anyone purchasing a $150 CG gets the 150AM, since we used our MM coupon, I think we should have received 150 bonus AM, for a total of 300AM...

It is disappointing to see that some Sobeys were awarding 300AM for each $150 gift card. I bought 3 GC today (2 this morning and one tonight) and my receipts show PLU 31, but only 150 AM on each....I asked and was told that it was only 150AM not 300AM...I will wait to see what posts, because to me, we should have received 300 AM, because anyone purchasing a $150 CG gets the 150AM, since we used our MM coupon, I think we should have received 150 bonus AM, for a total of 300AM...
While i was excited to see the bonus miles show on my receipt twice I won't believe it is anything other than a glitch until they show up in my account. Sobeys provided me with a ton of headaches for every other promo and this one is stacking up to follow suit. They seem to be constantly confused, don't get materials to their stores on time, their POS systems seem to be hit & miss with how they handle the coupons and it varies from one store to another, coupon worked here but not there.

I can see this leading to a bunch of headaches at the customer (dis)service for BOTH AM & Sobeys once people start looking for the same rewards other people received.

I went again to use the coupon the fourth time but only 150AM are showing on the receipt. So, it only worked three times for me. Hope it works the fourth time for the others!

Ugh, didn't get the chance to drive to Sobeys tonight. I wonder if it will still be 300AM tomorrow. If not, won't be worth it to get a gift card which will take me a while to use up.

Don't worry people. I'm doped up on cold medications and a little paranoid at the moment. I have exactly two hours tomorrow to get out and get Urban Fresh, Jean Coutu and Sobeys done before my energy runs out and I'm back in bed. Airmiles or die. My new moto.
Can't resist sharing this!
money-banking-air_miles-customer_loyalty-loyalty_card-frequent_flier-reward_program-mban4972_low.jpg

Just curious, for those who've bought multiple Sobeys GCs, are you planning to use them for groceries, or to buy other gift cards later?

I rarely shop at Sobeys, it's about a 20 min drive away, and they don't price match. I'm so tempted to get at least one $150 GC this time for the megamiles.
Don't buy them with the hope that you can turn around and get other gift cards, that is a huge gamble since a LOT of stores won't allow that. We buy them only during big promos like this and then only use them for big offers (ice cream frenzy 2016 & pickle palazzo 2017) giving us the chance to earn even more miles. You can use the gift card at any of the Sobeys banner stores, from their website:

A: Gift cards are available in amounts between $5 to $500, and can be used at any of our banner stores –Sobeys, IGA, Garden Market IGA, Foodland, Safeway, FreshCo, Chalo! FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawtons Drugs, Needs, Fast Fuel and Price Chopper (ON) locations across Canada*

*Sobeys gift cards are accepted only in these IGA locations in B.C (1) 4823 – 50 Avenue , Fort Nelson, BC V0C 1R0 (2) 5001 – 50 Avenue, Chetwynd, BC V0C 1J0 (3) 624-9 Avenue North, Golden, BC VOA 1HO

I was just looking at the new Sobeys west flyer starting tomorrow, and there's a 35 AM bonus when you buy a children's place gift card, so I can buy that, get the bonus AM and then use it later in the week at CP and get my Mega miles bonus.

Anyone know any reason this wouldn't work???

This is a great idea that will work (and again i put this in in the other thread but neglected to mention it here!!) You can also use it online if you don't have a Children's Place handy (don't think this counts towards one of your online transactions though since it's NOT in the portal)

This is a great idea that will work (and again i put this in in the other thread but neglected to mention it here!!) You can also use it online if you don't have a Children's Place handy (don't think this counts towards one of your online transactions though since it's NOT in the portal)
I wonder if I should start getting gift cards for Christmas now ...

****this is to remind the Duck to add information about HBC tomorrow when she can see straight. Very long day that netted me a $75 gift card from Urban Fresh along with 2 coupon booklets, 10 more MC transactions (anything under 5 is going on that yes, even my $1.25 purchase at Dollarama :P ) perfect b-day card for my daughter (now not to lose it before March 9th 2019!), awesome slippers for 75% off and a bra on the discount rack PLUS an extra 25% off at the Bay --spent $51.03 using another MM coupon. Grand total on the step count today????? 23,000 :faint:

OK I am up way too late, but its be up or non stop cough and try to sleep. I just read this comment on another website and thought it might be of interest to people here.

"I just went through the live chat with Air Miles and anyone who bought a $150 Sobey's gift card and got 300 air miles will have the extra 150 deducted. The offer was not meant to be combined."

I don't know if this will actually happen. Just thought I would share.

Dang it - I gave the clerk the wrong coupon at Shell last night. Total rookie mistake - but I was in a rush and had one eye on a really creepy dude at my side...lol

Anyways, not like I won't be needing another 25 L worth of gas before the end.

OK I am up way too late, but its be up or non stop cough and try to sleep. I just read this comment on another website and thought it might be of interest to people here.

"I just went through the live chat with Air Miles and anyone who bought a $150 Sobey's gift card and got 300 air miles will have the extra 150 deducted. The offer was not meant to be combined."

I don't know if this will actually happen. Just thought I would share.

If the offer was not to be combined, they they should not have put a coupon in the Mega Miles booklet for the exact same dates as the flyer GC offer since anyone can receive the offer buying the $150 GC. I believe that you should be entitled to 300 Air Miles based on the wording of the coupon. My receipt for the GC card has the $150 AM as regular AM. With presenting the Mega Miles coupon, you should receive 150 "Bonus" Air Miles, which is what the coupon says. I know when I went back to Sobey's last night to purchase another gift card, the cashier said "Do you have your Mega Miles coupon for the bonus AM?"...

I totally agree. I just read what someone had posted and thought I would share in case this is what they end up doing. I know in the past there have been similar situations where there was a "double" awarding of AM and they didn't actually get around to clawing those back. AM/Sobeys just doesn't have the manpower to go through individual transactions and make them "correct".

Those who got the bonus congratulations! Yesterday was your lucky day.

Sobeys has got to step up and do a better job of consistently and fairly applying the AM program. There's too much variability in the interpretation of the terms.

Today is Rexall day. Will be interesting to see if spend $50 will stack the 100 AM in store and the Mega Miles. Please post your experiences. I am going shortly but didn't want to be the first MM at the local store as the checkout clerks don't seem to have any comprehension of AM

Went to my usual store which is good about stacking. New girl on the cash. Put everything through (told her I wanted to make it over $50 before tax). She confirmed I did. Handed her the MM coupon and my AM card and IT WORKED! They stacked.

I realize this is not likely to be everyones experience but it can work if you pick your store carefully. (you guys know what I mean)

Boy is it ever so hard to work out 2 orders at Rexall but I managed it and on both cards the offers stacked. The sales lady was so impressed with me. Just enjoying a timmies tea before I walk back home but sad that rollup is offer. That would have been the icing on the cake

And to wonder why people get upset at the store and on this forum when partners can't get their act together. This is a prime example of us collectors just speaking up for our hard-earned miles....

Went to my usual store which is good about stacking. New girl on the cash. Put everything through (told her I wanted to make it over $50 before tax). She confirmed I did. Handed her the MM coupon and my AM card and IT WORKED! They stacked.

I realize this is not likely to be everyones experience but it can work if you pick your store carefully. (you guys know what I mean)
I had the same experience this morning however I did one better. Gave her the $5 off for a $25 spend coupon and that stacked as well. Bonus bonus bonus!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter