Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I wish the scene program in the Maritimes was good. It totally sucks.
We have the no fee Scene visa credit card with the Scotia bank. One scene point for every dollar spent and double scene points at Freshco, Foodland and Sobeys in Ontario. I believe Sobeys, Safeway and IGA in Alberta, not sure what stores in other provinces. It is an easy way to earn points. Love this credit card.

I wish the scene program in the Maritimes was good. It totally sucks.

Sobeys, Safeway and IGA in Alberta, not sure what stores in other provinces. It is an easy way to earn points. Love this credit card.

I have a Scotia Visa with scene points attached...that I never use. I always use my RBC avion card. But I am also NOT a big shopper at Sobey/Safeway. I know Saskatchewan Sobey's has AM ( as my mom works part-time at one in Sask ) I do scan my scene card.

Also when you eat at Montana's or some other places you get scene points too.

I might have to rethink this scene points game a little.

I have a Scotia Visa with scene points attached...that I never use. I always use my RBC avion card. But I am also NOT a big shopper at Sobey/Safeway. I know Saskatchewan Sobey's has AM ( as my mom works part-time at one in Sask ) I do scan my scene card.

Also when you eat at Montana's or some other places you get scene points too.

I might have to rethink this scene points game a little.
Remember to load your bonus offers on your scene card at the beginning of every month for Montanas, Swiss Chalet etc. They are found on the scene app or website under offers.

Yes my daughter spent most of the day on the phone in order to cancel our fully refundable hotel booked with her airmiles. She called on the Onyx line and on was hold for a very long time, used the call back feature and approximately two hours later she was able to cancel the air miles hotel reservation. The air miles are back in her account and it can take up to two billing cycles to see the refund on the credit card for the booking fee and taxes. She had a very poor call connection and had a difficult time hearing the agent. The agent wanted her to call back and she refused, told her she had spent hours on hold in order to cancel this reservation. So pack your patience if you want to cancel a refundable hotel reservation with air miles. Now I am off to book Drury Lake Buena Vista with scene points. Booking online with be all scene points and zero money. If we need to cancel it can be done in minutes online.
We stayed at the Drury for a few nights a few months after it opened, on AM points. We really liked it. Great breakfast and evening reception. Shuttles to the parks in the morning were good too.

status report from yesterday, yeah i know it's today and it's already after 9 but we had a slow start to the day and didn't even get to EPCOT until noon. It was actually hot, sunny day that we enjoyed to the max! First park day of the trip, we got a private bus (guess everyone else is long gone by the time of day), hubby's favourite character is Pluto and the driver's name was the same as his
20240227_114418.jpg
Such a pretty sight as we walked into the entrance, notice the lack of crowds you20240227_121015.jpg can get between festivals and midweek
Main reason we come to Disney is how they handle my numerous dietary restrictions and the chef at Trattoria hit the ball clear out of the park! I've been served lots of safe fuel (not terribly exciting but definitely enjoyable) but he served me an actual plated meal! Went to other kitchens on the boardwalk personally to shop their kitchens
20240227_180103.jpgwe rode guardians and OMG if my hubby didn't object to his picture being posted you could see how much we hated it - both of us obviously laughing and I was fist pumping along to the music. It was worth setting my alarm!
We closed out the park, hanging back to let the crowds thin out cause he hates the glares from others when his scooter needs to get loaded. Didn't get back to the room until 10:40
20240227_214610.jpg

Am I remembering correctly that someone on here has issues with having TWO accounts incorrectly?

My mom has one with her old card that says her name and then DUPLICATE at the top with zero miles showing on the app.

Her second one she cannot even access on the app for some reason, but when they swipe their card, the transactions are going through.

I am going to have to take care of this for her as she just can't seem to figure it out. Am I better off calling and speaking to someone or is this something the live chat can help with?

Back from vaca and on the AMs hunt. I've been following along a tiny bit while away so I have the gas offer of 95 AMs for today and the 20Xs offer for Saturday (bless the Dollarama offer). Did I miss anything else of interest?

Stayed at Dreams Flora in Punta Cana. Mid size resort, just big enough. Paid for Premium Swim Out and would never do that again. I feel we paid about $4000 to much for the experience. It was not pleasant. I would go back but only at half of what we paid and only in another section of the resort. What I did like about the resort, while they had several weddings while we were there the loud music was halted at 10 PM (and it was loud).
Now, off to get some groceries so we can eat at home once again. No one is coming to make our beds this morning and there was no breakfast buffet to pick from. My sad reality....

So I just cashed in a bunch of Airmiles for a cruise for August out of Galveston. I was hoping to do all inclusive for April but everything seemed so expensive.

Can someone remind me of the best web site to track flight prices , one that tells you when the price is expected to go up. Never flown to Houston so no idea what a good price is, probably fly from Detroit or Buffalo.

Also if anyone has cruised from Galveston best way to get to the port.

@mkmommy how was the process for booking? I have never booked anything other than flights through air miles with air miles.
This is the 3rd cruise I have booked through Airmiles and it is easy and I have had no problems so far. You can compare cruises and you get a nice side by side comparison , you can pick rooms as normal.
One thing I do find is do your research and know
What the current promotions are . Like with NCL cruises they have free air for 2 nd passenger and that is not available. Not sure I would book a cruise that was more than just the cruise or something I would have lots of questions on as I imagine anything would have to go through Regtag, and I prefer just contacting the cruise line .

The fare was the same as through the cruise line , but there is a $30 fee for booking through Airmiles., and Airmiles can only be used for the base fare not taxes and fees and everything has to be paid at the time you book.

I am Airmiles poor now but my travel budget for 2024 is in good shape , so I will have a surplus for 2025 .

Thanks for posting this, I rechecked and I don't have that offer anywhere. It could still be posted later today, I have had that happen before.

So, question for the experts on the 20Xs, March 2nd offer. It says Max of 500 AMs. Does that mean we can purchase a $30 gift card at Dollarama, get 200 AMs and then purchase another and get 200 AMs? Then a third time to max the 500? OR...is it a one time deal, if you spend $30 and get 200 AMs that's it because you have done it once and that was your opportunity.

Thanks for posting this, I rechecked and I don't have that offer anywhere. It could still be posted later today, I have had that happen before.

So, question for the experts on the 20Xs, March 2nd offer. It says Max of 500 AMs. Does that mean we can purchase a $30 gift card at Dollarama, get 200 AMs and then purchase another and get 200 AMs? Then a third time to max the 500? OR...is it a one time deal, if you spend $30 and get 200 AMs that's it because you have done it once and that was your opportunity.
Dollarama is once a day I believe, so you'd only be able to get 200AM with that. But if you also went to Metro or Shell or Global Petfood, or shopped thru airmilesonline, or any other partner, you could earn up to another 300 more

Dollarama is once a day I believe, so you'd only be able to get 200AM with that. But if you also went to Metro or Shell or Global Petfood, or shopped thru airmilesonline, or any other partner, you could earn up to another 300 more
Thank you, I forgot about that.

The Shell 40X offer might be for select provinces (Ontario isn't one of them, as far as I can see). I did see it when I changed my region to Nova Scotia. Have a look and see if it applies to you.

Might be the same thing with the 25AM Cardlink offer as I don't see it on my account either.

It's great to hear these offers are out there, a bit of a letdown when you find out it doesn't apply to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter