Airmiles Armchair Chatter

We are supposed to get a beating of rain again all day/night Saturday into Sunday. I better get out tonight to do any 30x in-store offers. I made the mistake of looking at clothes online for myself and now I want to spend money that I don't have, PLUS the 30x isn't making it any easier to not buy! lol

We are supposed to get a beating of rain again all day/night Saturday into Sunday. I better get out tonight to do any 30x in-store offers. I made the mistake of looking at clothes online for myself and now I want to spend money that I don't have, PLUS the 30x isn't making it any easier to not buy! lol
I heard about the rain you have on the way, hopefully no flooding but I agree with getting out today to do everything! And I agree about the shopping... I have to not look at clothes for myself or I want everything.

I heard about the rain you have on the way, hopefully no flooding but I agree with getting out today to do everything! And I agree about the shopping... I have to not look at clothes for myself or I want everything.
I only ever find things I like when I have no money to buy them. A couple of new blouses from Reitmans for fall and a couple of sun visors from Lululemon that are on sale (shock!). That's a few air miles with 30x!

Well.....I'm bummed. I think this was mentioned on here a little bit ago about cruises through Redtag/Airmiles. You can't redeem your airmiles anymore for a cruise :sad: I had been hoping to redeem them to cut the cost down of a cruise for our 30th anniversary. Back to the drawing board.

Guess I'll keep them for our Florida trip :rolleyes1
I think you still can , I was looking this morning and it says you cannot use miles for taxes but if you go right to the very end of the booking it allow you to apply Airmiles. I think You do have to pay the whole cruise at time of booking though you can’t just put a deposit if using Airmiles.

When I was pricing it out - picking our rooms on what desk and the next step, etc. Maybe I didn't go far enough :upsidedow I won't go as far as putting in personal information - that was where I stopped - so maybe I needed to go farther, but I wasn't going to enter personal information.

it did NOT work for me, even though i have screenshots to show that i had done it correctly the miles never posted to the second card so I've decided to ignore this. Not worth losing out on the bonus i need to earn this weekend!!!!
It's not working for my husband or me either. I'm making the same call and not counting on it!

For crying out loud ( what the heck kind of expression is that anyway?)!!!! I'm still getting email offers for the old account. I noticed that the mile count had gone up......yep, the Dollarama miles have posted there. I had unlinked and relinked my card to my new account. AND...today I went out of my way to hit Dollarama again for the 30X. I'm telling you if I lose out on that 300 miles I'm gonna raise holy heck with them! AND, AND...I'm not going to get the 100 miles for making that purchase last week :furious:

What's the back up plan for snagging all this weekends 500?

I should have known better today. Woke up late, too late to shower and wash my hair. Felt like I was going to barf all day. Had a LOT of issues at work and eventually bailed early which now leaves me starting behind for next week....at this moment I'm feeling guilty about that. Went to Costco to pick up prescriptions and apple (yes, weird combo) my meds were not ready and they claim to not even have one of them on file. I left with only one, apples, toothpaste and a chicken.
I think the highlight of my day is a Costco chicken...that statement belongs on a tshirt

I did Shell, Metro and Dollarama, also made a purchase on Adidas through AirMileshop so we'll hope that one posts properly with the 150 AM bonus. I took a risk and ordered some shoes for kiddo... but the funny thing is he is the same size as me (men's size converted to ladies) so I guess it's possible I got myself some new shoes?

I had a 100 AM bonus post, Onyx Metro Multiplier, which I don't remember. I did spend $20 on gas at Shell, makes the cost of gas a bit more bearable when I can apply the cash miles towards it. Any way. Now kiddo is out at the Ex with friends! And I have the whole house to myself.

@dancin Disney style For your card linked offers, do you have one for Boston Pizza? Spend $65 and earn 35 miles? 35x30 would put you well over the 500 limit but it would be done in one transaction. They have the shoe company and dsw ones as well. Might be different for Ontario offers.
I feel like I can't trust the cardlink offers. MY last weekend Dollarama posted to my old account that is now closed.....I had a fraudulent redemption and AM closed that account and transferred me to new account.

LOL....I HATE Boston Pizza but yes we have one less than 5 minutes away.

So I need help on this one
bodyshop1.jpg
would I get 1 mile X 30 for every $20 spend
OR 10 Miles X 30 for every $20 spend
?????
Thanks

Last edited:
Is this anyone on here?
THAT'S ME! Okay, it's not really but only because I didn't think of it first. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

So, I went to Dollarama today and picked up 2 $30 Disney GCs, one for each MC/AM account. I'm getting saturated with them but thought I could do one more round tomorrow to complete the 30Xs offer. That would get me to about $1350 for spending money, meals and such, which is going to take some doing to spend. It's two nights at WDW, a 7 night sailing on Fantasy, then 5 more nights at WDW. We don't really do suvies but I thought I could pick up a few odds and ends for Christmas gifts to help spend some of it.
This evening we had dinner to celebrate my youngest birthday since this is when we could all get together. The youngest produces birthday gifts for his dad and me (we share the same day) since we would not be home for our actual birthday. What did he give us??? Each received a $100 Disney gift card which now brings our spending funds to over $1530. I know it's a good problem to have but what am I going to do with all this???? First world problem. I seldom have much in gift cards to spend there so this is new to me. Damn AMs made me do it, lol.
I'll have to check the gift cards a bit more closely tomorrow I think. I wish they sold Netflex but they didn't have any today. Maybe something else will pop out at me or I will have yet another $60 to spend on vacation.

THAT'S ME! Okay, it's not really but only because I didn't think of it first. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

So, I went to Dollarama today and picked up 2 $30 Disney GCs, one for each MC/AM account. I'm getting saturated with them but thought I could do one more round tomorrow to complete the 30Xs offer. That would get me to about $1350 for spending money, meals and such, which is going to take some doing to spend. It's two nights at WDW, a 7 night sailing on Fantasy, then 5 more nights at WDW. We don't really do suvies but I thought I could pick up a few odds and ends for Christmas gifts to help spend some of it.
This evening we had dinner to celebrate my youngest birthday since this is when we could all get together. The youngest produces birthday gifts for his dad and me (we share the same day) since we would not be home for our actual birthday. What did he give us??? Each received a $100 Disney gift card which now brings our spending funds to over $1530. I know it's a good problem to have but what am I going to do with all this???? First world problem. I seldom have much in gift cards to spend there so this is new to me. Damn AMs made me do it, lol.
I'll have to check the gift cards a bit more closely tomorrow I think. I wish they sold Netflex but they didn't have any today. Maybe something else will pop out at me or I will have yet another $60 to spend on vacation.
Have you paid for the room yet? That's what I picked mine up for - bought a $500 one today for the deposit on one room and getting another one for the 2nd reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter