Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I just received 95 AM from Metro Posted as "Bonus Reward Miles" (not any offer that I recognize, and I do keep track). Anyone else get miles from Metro that they have no idea about.
Not me but I was thinking, what was that offer not to long ago where if you bought $100 from Metro you got bonus miles? I think I bought a $100 in GC's.

I just received 95 AM from Metro Posted as "Bonus Reward Miles" (not any offer that I recognize, and I do keep track). Anyone else get miles from Metro that they have no idea about.
It was another one of those targeted email offers that happened last month. One of my cards had get 50 the other get 95. It ran at the same time as the spend 150 get 150 and the carousel thing as well.

I finally got my Amex situation sorted out....the -198 miles. Turns out it was my own fault :sad2: When I was sick after the cruise a few things fell through the cracks, including paying my Amex bill. I had no idea that if you miss the payment they don't give you the miles and since the miles post the day after the billing period they would take them back in the following period. I got a great person on the phone who gave the miles back to me and also waived the service fee.....oddly, they have a fee for restoring miles :scratchin makes you wonder. She said that she could see my payment history was perfect and that we have been members for more than 10 years. They love members like us. I should be getting the miles back next statement. She also mentioned that the last call I was refused the information. She apologized, reset the account as joint and added a new password that we can both use.

Last edited:
It was another one of those targeted email offers that happened last month. One of my cards had get 50 the other get 95. It ran at the same time as the spend 150 get 150 and the carousel thing as well.
You're bang on Jacqueline, I forgot about doing that offer. Problem solved. Probably because it was over several purchases.

Last edited:

Does anyone know where I can find large hanging planters? AM’s would be a great bonus. My baskets last year didn’t do so well…they were always dry.

I want something basic but larger than 12”…only ones I’ve found so far are these ones from Amazon.

IMG_9393.png

Does anyone know where I can find large hanging planters? AM’s would be a great bonus. My baskets last year didn’t do so well…they were always dry.

I want something basic but larger than 12”…only ones I’ve found so far are these ones from Amazon.

View attachment 756806
Hi Hon
Try calling here and ask

https://www.terragreenhouses.com/

https://www.vandongens.com/

Looks like they have them here
https://shop.sheridannurseries.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpqeUtqvN_gIVDsrjBx37kwqPEAAYASAAEgKOD_D_BwE
https://shop.sheridannurseries.com/collections/coco-and-coco-lined-planters-pots-and-containers

I have now checked in with WestJet for my flight tomorrow. Need some advice.

I completed the attestation re the vaccines and it allowed me to continue on with the check in. Completed my check in and have boarding passes printed off. I'm just reading an email from WestJet about signing in and it says "You are travelling within a country which requires every guest to complete an online form and present to an agent prior to boarding their flight." When I click on the link it sends me into outer space.

What's the current procedure with this? Should I have a form printed off or not? Anyone who's flown to the US recently with WestJet please help.

I completed the attestation re the vaccines and it allowed me to continue on with the check in. Completed my check in and have boarding passes printed off. I'm just reading an email from WestJet about signing in and it says "You are travelling within a country which requires every guest to complete an online form and present to an agent prior to boarding their flight." When I click on the link it sends me into outer space.

What's the current procedure with this? Should I have a form printed off or not? Anyone who's flown to the US recently with WestJet please help
IIRC, that's just part of the attestation. Don't worry about it. You don't need to print anything. The only thing you need is your passport and your vax QR code.

Thanks for the quick response. Not trusting WestJet at the moment.

Rant ahead.

They wouldn't let me check in online this morning had to call. Called eventually found a person. I had looked at the price of seat selection two months ago when they changed the flight itinerary. Decided against it as they were tooooo expensive. Next day when I check the booking again, I had assigned seats. I didn't ask for them. I backed out of the seat selection page. WestJet tells me that sometimes the system just assigns them when you do this.... They reversed the selection and the charges. Checked in online when I got off the phone and I got the same two seats they were going to charge me for (the flight is full).

No seats assigned for my return flights. That's ok. Can I purchase assigned seats for just one flight or do I have to do both of my return segments. I might consider paying for LA - Calgary. I don't care where we sit on Calgary - Ottawa or if we sit together.

Thanks for the quick response. Not trusting WestJet at the moment.

Rant ahead.

They wouldn't let me check in online this morning had to call. Called eventually found a person. I had looked at the price of seat selection two months ago when they changed the flight itinerary. Decided against it as they were tooooo expensive. Next day when I check the booking again, I had assigned seats. I didn't ask for them. I backed out of the seat selection page. WestJet tells me that sometimes the system just assigns them when you do this.... They reversed the selection and the charges. Checked in online when I got off the phone and I got the same two seats they were going to charge me for (the flight is full).

No seats assigned for my return flights. That's ok. Can I purchase assigned seats for just one flight or do I have to do both of my return segments. I might consider paying for LA - Calgary. I don't care where we sit on Calgary - Ottawa or if we sit together.
What they charge for seat selection is stupid...$40+ per segment. So I'm not buying that they just booked/charged you for looking. I do it all the time and have never had that happen. Also, you have to go through to the end and put in your CC and click 'purchase' or whatever they call it.

As to not being able to check in online....there are random selected passengers that have to do a face to face check in. Not sure why they let you check in over the phone. It is possible that you will be flagged for a face to face at the airport. This could happen either prior to bag drop or at the gate. It's no big deal if this does happen....it's a standard practise. All they will do is look at your documents and confirm.

ETA...if Westjet wanted to get me for lurking seat selection they would have plenty of chances....I'm constantly pulling up reservations and looking at the premium upgrade. That's minmium $165/person/one way

You do not have to purchase seats for all legs of your flight.

That's what I thought. I've never had this happen before either. I'll wait until we get to LA to decide about the LA - Calgary flight.

They said I couldn't check in online because of outstanding fees. Got that one resolved.

What's the current procedure with this? Should I have a form printed off or not? Anyone who's flown to the US recently with WestJet please help.
We flew to Tampa on a WestJet flight on Wed( but on a delta ticket). We did need to check in with WestJet and just needed to do the attestation online. No form was needed at the airport.

@ottawamom this is from BC (before Covid-times) but I'd doubt that it has changed. Hubby flew to Vancouver from KW numerous times and during the Olympics it was AWESOME because they had direct flights but once those turned into layovers in Calgary he would decide based on the connection times which segment he wanted to prebook a seat. I would do that thru the App while sitting at home - I was even able to upgrade him to the Plus section when he was sitting in the Vancouver airport and the flight was delayed repeatedly since there's only one flight to KW each day. Easy-peasy to do, we simply had a credit card attached to his account and I logged into the app using his credentials. We didn't bother paying for the 2nd leg of that because he didn't care where he sat.

You should be able to check that out right now and see what happens, if you do it thru the app and you don't have a payment method attached it will not allow you to continue. I'm surprised you had that hassle with your outgoing flight, weird that it went thru with you confirming payment!

It is weird. As I mentioned I've done the looky thing before many times and never had it assign me seats. I thought if was just because they made major changes to my itinerary that they were giving me a little perk "thank you for not creating a fuss".

If I go on the codeshare flights with Delta I can see what seats are taken on the return flights. Some have people in them (occupied) others are still available (blue) and a bunch have an X (unavailable). The two seats we had previously been assigned have gone from having people in them to having an X. I wonder if this means they will still have us sitting there (but not until the 24hr mark).

Time will tell. Ah the games the airlines play.

I am so sad today as I was preparing my Chapters online order and was trying to get to an even $20 value amount - you know $80, $100 etc and when I went to the Airmiles site no Chapters. Ooops I forgot all about them quietly leaving during their website issues and they never came back. Guess now I am can just buy any amount and not worry.
I even checked Aeroplan to see if they were a member but nope and I don't do Rakuten so I will just earn Chapters poinst.

It is weird. As I mentioned I've done the looky thing before many times and never had it assign me seats. I thought if was just because they made major changes to my itinerary that they were giving me a little perk "thank you for not creating a fuss".

If I go on the codeshare flights with Delta I can see what seats are taken on the return flights. Some have people in them (occupied) others are still available (blue) and a bunch have an X (unavailable). The two seats we had previously been assigned have gone from having people in them to having an X. I wonder if this means they will still have us sitting there (but not until the 24hr mark).

Time will tell. Ah the games the airlines play.
Even though seats look they are taken…that’s not always the case. Sometimes what you see on the app is not reality. Partially it’s seats that are held back by the airline and partially its actual booked seats. Things tend to show more accurately once you hit the check in period.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter