• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

(Off Topic)
Opinions needed
Could I wear these as boots?
https://www.softmoc.com/ca/i/softmoc-lds-phoebe-lo-blk-suede-slipper-bootie/phoebeloblk
Thanks
Hugs
Mel

Edited to add
I can not wear anything on lower legs due to eczema and psoriasis,,I've been trying just running shoes for two years but sometimes my feet get cold and wet.
I park inside a garage,,walk a few hundred feet into work.
Would people look at me like I am wearing slippers to work???

Hahahahahaha.....I am wearing the tan version right now and wear them everywhere!!!!! I love them! I actually ordered a second pair when they went on sale.

(Off Topic)
Opinions needed
https://www.softmoc.com/ca/i/softmoc-lds-phoebe-lo-blk-suede-slipper-bootie/phoebeloblk
Thanks
Hugs
Mel

Edited to add
I can not wear anything on lower legs due to eczema and psoriasis,,I've been trying just running shoes for two years but sometimes my feet get cold and wet.
No those look cute to me!

Arrrghhh...I have been waiting and waiting on my BMO Mastercard to arrive. BMO actually called me today wondering why I hadn't activated it. I told them I hadn't received it, so they marked it as lost and said they would put a rush on sending me a new one that should arrive early next week. So of course, what was waiting for me when I got home? Yep, my mastercard. That is now not usable. Sigh.

I think they look quite cute. The model in the video is wearing them with jeans and they do have special soles for winter so I say why not.

Hahahahahaha.....I am wearing the tan version right now and wear them everywhere!!!!! I love them! I actually ordered a second pair when they went on sale.

No those look cute to me!
Thanks Guys
I am going to order them and give it a try.
Thanks for all your support
Hugs
Mel

Arrrghhh...I have been waiting and waiting on my BMO Mastercard to arrive. BMO actually called me today wondering why I hadn't activated it. I told them I hadn't received it, so they marked it as lost and said they would put a rush on sending me a new one that should arrive early next week. So of course, what was waiting for me when I got home? Yep, my mastercard. That is now not usable. Sigh.

Ahhhh Shoot!
So sorry Hon.
Hope the new one gets to you soon.
Hugs
Mel

(Off Topic)
Opinions needed
Thanks
Hugs
Mel

Edited to add
Look like boots to me. If you like them, wear them.....who cares what other people think. :thumbsup2

Look like boots to me. If you like them, wear them.....who cares what other people think. :thumbsup2

Thanks Hon
My self image has taken a beating these past few years,,,
People question why I wear cotton Capris in Winter--if they saw the sores,rash and scars underneath them they would understand.
Then there is weight gain,,,it's taken a year or more to stabilize my thyroid with medication,,,,,hair loss,,then wavy hair growing,,then hair loss,,
etc. One staff member upon hearing how old I was at a year end social party said "Geesh I thought you were ALOT older than that. Gee thanks!!
I used to be the type of person who believed in the inner beauty of everyone but sometimes lately it is hard to remember that.
You DIS friends rock!:flower3:
Hugs
Mel

@bababear_50 i LOVE those boots!! Look super comfy and warm, go for it!!!!!!!!!

Extra confusion added to one of my parcels, can anyone else see what's wrong with this ???? Hint, check what they think today's date is :P
View attachment 367538
Mine looked like that too! I did a chat and it has been in Victoria since Yesterday evening. Went out for deliver this morning and now it says "redirected to updated delivery address" I freaked out thinking my account had been hacked and someone was redirecting my package. Log in my account and address are what they should be. Do a chat to find out that they put it on the wrong truck for delivery and now it won't go out until Monday, when i won't be home (I am off today and tomorrow, not just for this) and so then will have to go to the PO to pick it up. I was afraid that the other option was them sending it BACK to Richmond BC on the mainland because that has happened before and took an extra week to get here, all because a letter in my name was smudged on the shipping label, while the address was perfectly clear.:mad:

Need to get a ticket for my son's GF for over Christmas and am looking to use as few AM as possible. I can go with the 7-day for 5400 AM, but was wondering if anyone knows if you can "upgrade" the Canadian tickets to regular tickets, and if so, how much extra does it cost?
I've looked on the Disney website and get the following numbers:
7-day base ticket over Christmas - $506.82US
7-day base CDN ticket - $369.56US
Should I assume that if I present a CDN ticket, they would want to charge me the difference ($137.26US) to change it to a regular 7-day ticket?

Further crunching the numbers, it looks to me like the CDN tickets are overvalued compared to the regular tickets. I get:

7-day regular 5400/90*10 = $600CDN whereas it would cost me ~$659CDN to buy it from Disney

7-day CDN ticket $4750/90*10 = $527.78CDN whereas it would cost me ~$480CDN to buy if from Disney

Maybe someone can check my math, but it seems like the better buy would be to get the regular 7-day ticket, even though it will cost me more in AM.

Need to get a ticket for my son's GF for over Christmas and am looking to use as few AM as possible. I can go with the 7-day for 5400 AM, but was wondering if anyone knows if you can "upgrade" the Canadian tickets to regular tickets, and if so, how much extra does it cost?
I've looked on the Disney website and get the following numbers:
7-day base ticket over Christmas - $506.82US
7-day base CDN ticket - $369.56US
Should I assume that if I present a CDN ticket, they would want to charge me the difference ($137.26US) to change it to a regular 7-day ticket?

Further crunching the numbers, it looks to me like the CDN tickets are overvalued compared to the regular tickets. I get:

7-day regular 5400/90*10 = $600CDN whereas it would cost me ~$659CDN to buy it from Disney

7-day CDN ticket $4750/90*10 = $527.78CDN whereas it would cost me ~$480CDN to buy if from Disney

Maybe someone can check my math, but it seems like the better buy would be to get the regular 7-day ticket, even though it will cost me more in AM.
Ok, I've tried to follow your math but it's confusing ... 1st the dollar to mile ratio is 95 not 90 so your numbers are off slightly
meaning the value of the 7 day CDN ticket is $500 CDN

7 day regular works out to $568.42 CDN

When are they going? I've not answered the first part of your question because i don't know if I could even tease out an answer based on the new date-based pricing ... there's no question you'd need to pay more to be able to use a ticket that is technically in a blackout period, that's if they'd even let you upgrade .. new situation! You might be able to get a better response if you ask in the ticket thread in the theme park forum. It's maintained by a couple of CM who actually work in ticketing.

If it was me and i had enough miles I'd just go with the regular ticket and not need to be worried .. i mean probably wouldn't be able to book FP on the CDN tickets if it's during a blackout date, would they??

I just ordered my ticket for universal :hyper: (2375 Airmiles) and I'm waiting for it to ship. Under shipment details is says "Via Regular Shipping" - but isn't supposed to ship by UPS? I thought I read somewhere that park tickets ship by UPS instead of Canada Post but I can't find it now. :confused3

Thanks Hon
My self image has taken a beating these past few years,,,
People question why I wear cotton Capris in Winter--if they saw the sores,rash and scars underneath them they would understand.
Then there is weight gain,,,it's taken a year or more to stabilize my thyroid with medication,,,,,hair loss,,then wavy hair growing,,then hair loss,,
etc. One staff member upon hearing how old I was at a year end social party said "Geesh I thought you were ALOT older than that. Gee thanks!!
I used to be the type of person who believed in the inner beauty of everyone but sometimes lately it is hard to remember that.
You DIS friends rock!:flower3:
Hugs
Mel
I hear you. We ALL have our things. I live my life in constant pain and my job is a very physical one which just adds to it. For the most part I can only wear running shoes because I need that little added cushion under my feet to help with the pain. It's a whole bag of fun to have to dress to accommodate the running shoes every day. LOL...even buying running shoes is an issue, I can try on 6 pair and none will have the right amount of softness in the sole.

I hear you. We ALL have our things. I live my life in constant pain and my job is a very physical one which just adds to it. For the most part I can only wear running shoes because I need that little added cushion under my feet to help with the pain. It's a whole bag of fun to have to dress to accommodate the running shoes every day. LOL...even buying running shoes is an issue, I can try on 6 pair and none will have the right amount of softness in the sole.

Skechers! Feel like I'm walking on puffy white clouds. Not a lot of arch support but great cushioning in the Go Walk line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter