Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Hmmm running shoes,,I love my Reebok runners,,I picked up the boots today and I am not sure I am going to keep them,,,
I'll try wearing them around the house and decide in the next couple of days.
I laughed at the "old person shoe" comment---I wear Birkenstock sandals and would probably sleep in them if I could.--My sons say they are old people sandals.
I'm on a no Shell buy until they decide that I should get a few offers like all of you are getting.(Back to Petro Canada for me).
Has it been awhile since Airmiles offered us a special Onyx deal??lol (Just in case anyone is listening at Airmiles).
3 weeks till my Christmas break!!!:santa:
Hugs
Mel

When I got mine, it felt like the boot didn't stay on properly and you could feel something strange on the back of the heel. However, after wearing them for a bit (I did the indoor thing too) that went away and they fit great now. I also have a pair of Sketcher slipper/boots that are very similar and I find these Softmocs to be more cushioned and have better arch support.

Hmmm running shoes,,I love my Reebok runners,,I picked up the boots today and I am not sure I am going to keep them,,,
I'll try wearing them around the house and decide in the next couple of days.
I laughed at the "old person shoe" comment---I wear Birkenstock sandals and would probably sleep in them if I could.--My sons say they are old people sandals.
I'm on a no Shell buy until they decide that I should get a few offers like all of you are getting.(Back to Petro Canada for me).
Has it been awhile since Airmiles offered us a special Onyx deal??lol (Just in case anyone is listening at Airmiles).
3 weeks till my Christmas break!!!:santa:
Hugs
Mel
Ummmm...Birkenstocks are actually super trendy now with the younger set. I can't wear them but I do have Vikings which are Birks direct competitor in Europe. They are a bit difficult to find here though. The Vikings look exactly the same but they are softer and the foot bed is not as flat.

Here's hoping you have a WestJet Mastercard where you get 3¢ off a litre. I use that all the time, except if I have a Shell incentive.

Another (former) plantar fascitis sufferer over here! The cause of my suffering was a pair of leather flats that offered zero support which I used to speed walk/sometimes run to Union Station to catch my Go train home every day!!

I finally figured it out and switched to my Nike Free runners with my corporate outfit (don't care how I look going to and from work, lol). They are better than any other Nike I've worn. It's like wearing pillows around your foot. I hope they never discontinue them!!

I just checked the mailbox--surprise my last set of 4 pack movie passes arrived from Airmiles.
Yeah! (I am adding these to my brother's Birthday gift,,yep born on Dec 25th).
Now time to check out Rexall to see if I need anything--I know my Vitamin D expired so I have to get some of those,,,
,,,where did the sunshine go? :daisy:
Happy Christmas shopping everyone. 23 days.........:santa:
Hugs
Mel

Disregard question please.,,,
Question for anyone using Well.ca
Do you have to pay shipping if it is sent to a Rexall Pharmacy?
Edited:
Ok I checked and it is $8.95 shipping charge.
Thanks
Mel

Last edited:

i need a bunch of sunscreen for our vacation (less than 2 weeks to go!) and so i headed to rexall to stack the combo of bonus miles and the head to toe event.

after paying, my receipt only showed 100 bonus miles. i almost got upset, but then realized that one of the sunscreens was majorly discounted (14$ off!). saving 14$ is a better deal than 100 miles, so even though i left with half the miles expected, i still feel like i came out ahead!

Rexall Shop
My Head to Toe spend $50.00 get 100 miles did not post on my receipt-- I had the manager add them on.
I bought Neutrogena facial wash and bath wash for my son and Granddaughter,and a very big bottle of shampoo for myself. I actually remembered to get some Vitamin D for myself too.

The spend $50.00 get 60 airmiles did show on the receipt.
All in I got 162 airmiles.
Hugs
Mel

Yep my 12 year old started “borrowing mine now she has her own and my 16 yr old son has them too.. sigh finally mama was a trendsetter in the house lol

Ummmm...Birkenstocks are actually super trendy now with the younger set. I can't wear them but I do have Vikings which are Birks direct competitor in Europe. They are a bit difficult to find here though. The Vikings look exactly the same but they are softer and the foot bed is not as flat.

No Rexall coupon this week ?!?!? Wonder if this means a big one-day offer... I have a list of things i need but the StB coupon plus the loaded offer i have don't give the return I'm used to ..#firstworldproblems :P

No Rexall coupon this week ?!?!? Wonder if this means a big one-day offer... I have a list of things i need but the StB coupon plus the loaded offer i have don't give the return I'm used to ..#firstworldproblems :P

Yep I agree--Load N Go offers are ending Wednesday Dec 5th.
The other thing that seems to be missing or limited is Airmiles for gift cards except at Shell.
Hugs
Mel

I got caught off guard with the Rexall LGO coupons ending Wednesday last week. They were out of what I was looking for at three stores earlier in the week, finally decided to get a raincheck on Thursday since LGO offers had expired, sure enough, they brought in stock last day of sale so no raincheck.

Not sure why they would do a one day coupon this week, but you never know. I do recall a one day coupon the last Thursday before Christmas last year.

So what's the current deal with giftcards at Shell?
Buy a $50 gift card for Amazon, The Keg, Sportchek or XBox and get 20 AM. PLUS the in-store earn rate and several of us have targeted offers that vary, for us it's 4 transactions of $5 to get 50 AM. It's valid thru to Jan 6th at "participating locations" but no indication what those might be!
here's a link to the terms -- scroll down to read about the gift cards

Shell Current Airmiles Promos

Does anyone happen to know where the closest Sobeys Urban Fresh is to Union Station? I'm going to be downtown on Friday and get some gift cards if it's not to far a walk.

ETA: I just tried the store locator and it's not working properly

There's one right at the waterfront (Queen's Quay I believe). Just a block or so from Union Station. I can't believe I know that except we popped into this store this summer when we went to the aquarium.

Does anyone happen to know where the closest Sobeys Urban Fresh is to Union Station? I'm going to be downtown on Friday and get some gift cards if it's not to far a walk.

ETA: I just tried the store locator and it's not working properly

There's 2 locations near Union Station.

https://www.sobeys.com/en/stores/sobeys-queens-quay/
You can walk in the underground PATH system all the way down to Queens Quay, just follow the signs to the RBC Waterpark Place which is right at the foot of Bay/Queens Quay.

https://www.sobeys.com/en/stores/sobeys-spadina/

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter