Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I have the AM Elite card, I got the offer, and got the 500 points last week.

I wonder if it has to do with your statement date.

Nothing here yet and I got my statement today, made all my purchases at least two weeks ago, did not get the email and have the BMO Air Miles World Mastercard (not the Elite).

Last edited:
It looks to me like the BMO offer was in fact targeted. I think that the reason it looks like more people got it with the no fee as opposed to the card with the fee is because there are more no fee cards out there so the numbers are kind of off.
Who knows why anyone is picked for these offers. I worked for BMO and I couldn't tell you, lol.

I received the 95 AM for using 95 AM at Rona this morning. I was surprised to get this because while Rona was listed as one of the redeeming stores it was not one of the stores listed for Ontario. I thought I would try it anyways because I needed something at Rona, glad I did. Bonus in my book! Now I'll wait and see if I get the 95 AM for using 95 at Shell which was another shop not listed for Ontario.

I have elite MasterCard (with fee), got the email ($10 at 3 partners), bonus miles posted less than 2 weeks after completing (also no where near my billing cycle closing date)

Just back from my Foodland shop. Waste of time! I went for the Hudson Bay cards but they didn't have any. The cashier told me she has never seen them there before. I'm very disappointed as I was purchasing 5 of the cards so I could pay for a coat I put on hold (until I bought the cards). I have just sent an email off to Foodland to let them know how disappointed I was and that has made me feel better so there's that, lol.

Just back from my Foodland shop. Waste of time! I went for the Hudson Bay cards but they didn't have any. The cashier told me she has never seen them there before. I'm very disappointed as I was purchasing 5 of the cards so I could pay for a coat I put on hold (until I bought the cards). I have just sent an email off to Foodland to let them know how disappointed I was and that has made me feel better so there's that, lol.

There were no H&M cards at Sobeys when I tried to get them either.

I have the BMO World Elite (fee card) did not received email and did not receive points. I had called them when you started talking about this and they told me it was targeted and that I did not qualify (irritating since I essentially charge everything humanly possible on this card).One thing I have noticed is that many of the offers you all seem to get, I almost never get, or my wife will sometimes get. I wonder if many of these offers exclude men in their target audience. I always go to shell, yet never ever get any offers, yet my wife constantly gets offers for example. Women tend to dominate household shopping while men tend to do more big ticket items, so I may be getting squeezed out on demographics :)

No HBC cards at Sobeys Stittsville either. I find some stores are stocked on cards, others not so much.

I have the BMO World Elite (fee card) did not received email and did not receive points. I had called them when you started talking about this and they told me it was targeted and that I did not qualify (irritating since I essentially charge everything humanly possible on this card).One thing I have noticed is that many of the offers you all seem to get, I almost never get, or my wife will sometimes get. I wonder if many of these offers exclude men in their target audience. I always go to shell, yet never ever get any offers, yet my wife constantly gets offers for example. Women tend to dominate household shopping while men tend to do more big ticket items, so I may be getting squeezed out on demographics :)

I really don't know if that's true. The BMO world Elite card we have is the my husbands name. but the AM card attached to it is mine. Beacause, without me working working the program, we would have 0 AM lol. And we did get the offer. But we only had the card a short time, and got our bonus AM within the first month. We are using it as our main card and paying it off each pay period. Honestly, I was hoping for more AM from it...but I won't complain with the AM we do get with it. I just thought we would get more. OH well.

I have the BMO World Elite Mastercard, got the email and my points posted as of September 24, 2018. The funny thing is, I don't know if I made 3 purchases at 3 unique locations. My IGA purchase shows on my AirMiles transactions as August 31, 2018, and I was going to make hubby hit up Lowe's today for our 3rd transaction. Others were at Staples and Shell. Multiple at Shell, so not sure if they gave it to me for that or not. Last transaction prior to miles posting was September 16, 2018 and my statement date is the 15th.

If i hadn't received the bonus miles for using my Mastercard i would be contacting AM on October 1st. In my mind there is ZERO question that this offer has been marketed to the entire Canadian population on multiple platforms. If you go to the terms & condition on the Airmiles site this is the info you will find:

To qualify for this offer, you must make an eligible purchase of $20 or more at each of 3 different participating Partners using your BMO®† AIR MILES® Mastercard®* between September 1 and September 30, 2018, inclusive. Participating AIR MILES® Partners may be added or removed at any time without notice. Visit the “Participating Partners” section of this web page for current participating Partner details. Eligible purchases of $20 or more must be made in a single transaction. Purchase transactions do not include cash advances, cash-like transactions, interest charges, fees, credit or debit adjustments. This offer is valid only for the AIR MILES Collector Number associated with your BMO AIR MILES Mastercard account. A limit of one (1) 500 Bonus Miles offer applies per Collector Number. To qualify for this offer, your BMO AIR MILES Mastercard account must be in good standing at the time the Bonus Miles are awarded. Offer is subject to change without notice.

There is no mention of what level of card you need to hold for this offer to work so there's point #1
On Facebook (which has no way of knowing if i have either AirMiles OR Mastercard) there are several different sponsored ads stating this as well: It looks like this and again doesn't say any type of Mastercard
upload_2018-9-27_13-1-53.png
if you click on the ad it takes you to this page (not gonna make it fancy like i normally do so you can see that it's a PAID ad)
https://bmoairmilesmastercard.airmi...-Facebook-Paid-_-39301_FB-post-_-See-Partners

Several times throughout September it has appeared as a stupid ad within my Facebook Messenger app -- similar to the one above with a direct link to the same page as above.

This is more than the piddly 10 - 20 miles i have been known to chase down -- i would be going in fully prepared not to back down. I've started a Facebook chat to see if i can get an answer for those of you who haven't seen the miles yet :D

New offer for Metro popped up in my email that i don't remember seeing in the flyer (perhaps i didn't look closely enough??) so I'm not sure if this is another "is it targeted or not?" offer
Use 95 Cash Miles and get 50 AM Valid Sept 27th - 30th

Copying the terms & conditions here fir future reference with the important info highlighted

Offer valid September 27–30, 2018. Valid at participating Metro locations in Ontario (excluding Thunder Bay). Offer subject to change without notice. Limit of one Bonus Offer per AIR MILES® Collector Number per day. Qualifying purchase must be made in a single transaction and excludes taxes, tobacco, beer, wine, cider, Western Union, lottery, transit tickets, stamps, gift cards, prescription medications, behind-the-counter pharmacy items, and purchases from in-store vendors. Some restrictions apply. See in-store for details. Bonus Miles will not appear on your cash register receipt. Miles will be posted to your Collector Account 4–6 weeks from the date of purchase.

Sorry to bother, but does anyone have info on the AM offer that ran from July 19 - Aug 9 for 50 AM? You had to shop at 3 partners. For some reason, I can't find the original offer on my computer and for some reason I didn't write down the details. I haven't received them yet, and I know if I call I'm going to have to give them some details. I do have to wait until Nov. 7, but I don't want to forget. Thanks.

Sorry to bother, but does anyone have info on the AM offer that ran from July 19 - Aug 9 for 50 AM? You had to shop at 3 partners. For some reason, I can't find the original offer on my computer and for some reason I didn't write down the details. I haven't received them yet, and I know if I call I'm going to have to give them some details. I do have to wait until Nov. 7, but I don't want to forget. Thanks.
Ok, i just took the time to go back to July 19th and read thru right up till August 9th and i didn't see anyone mention this offer at all. I'm thinking it must have been an offer specific to you? I checked my AM folder in my email and didn't find anything there either so i can't help, sorry.

I am not sure what I got???I applied and got the BMO no fee mastercard and then did three partner shops.
This is what just posted:
26 Sep 18
BMO_OLS_Logo.png
BMO MASTERCARD - 1/$20 +7
26 Sep 18 BMO BONUS MILES BMO BONUS MILES +500
26 Sep 18 BMO NO FEE COALITION BMO BONUS REWARD MILES +7

I thought I would be getting 500 for the new card and 500 for the three shops?

Hugs Mel

New offer for Metro popped up in my email that i don't remember seeing in the flyer (perhaps i didn't look closely enough??) so I'm not sure if this is another "is it targeted or not?" offer
Use 95 Cash Miles and get 50 AM Valid Sept 27th - 30th

Copying the terms & conditions here fir future reference with the important info highlighted

Offer valid September 27–30, 2018. Valid at participating Metro locations in Ontario (excluding Thunder Bay). Offer subject to change without notice. Limit of one Bonus Offer per AIR MILES® Collector Number per day. Qualifying purchase must be made in a single transaction and excludes taxes, tobacco, beer, wine, cider, Western Union, lottery, transit tickets, stamps, gift cards, prescription medications, behind-the-counter pharmacy items, and purchases from in-store vendors. Some restrictions apply. See in-store for details. Bonus Miles will not appear on your cash register receipt. Miles will be posted to your Collector Account 4–6 weeks from the date of purchase.

I wish I knew if this was targeted ,,I will wait until tomorrow to see if I get the email. My coupon for Metro is pretty good,spend 50.00 get 50 airmiles so I will be going there anyway.
Hugs Mel

Would be good if everyone who gets the BMO bonus states what kind of BMO credit card they have and if they got an email or not, so that those of us who don't get anything have something to go by.
My bonus showed up on Sept 25. Finished the shops on the weekend. I have the World Elite BMO card. I received an initial and reminder email but my spend was only $10 at 3 sponsors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter