• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

DANG! I'm looking for a cheap hotel for next Friday night in Toronto (correction, inexpensive, not cheap the Duck is a hotel-snob :P ) & I just discovered that Hilton no longer gives AM when you stay ?!?!?! That's new since the middle of August when hubby stayed out west. I loved the fact that they always had double-dipping available -- earn both Hilton Honors points AND Airmiles and you could dictate how many went to each account.
upload_2018-9-26_14-4-31.png

Getting closer to the trip to a Sandals resort -- probably won't be able to afford it till 2020 but it WILL happen :D

I was happy to be able to use 1800.00 in travel vouchers for the trip for DD wedding in Mexico. You might be surprised at how quickly they will add up. We at least paid for 1.5 of the 4 of us going. I'll take it. I'm just hoping that between now and then, they will allow us to put more travel vouchers towards our trip. So I'm going to keep collecting and hope for the best.

I just checked and my BMO miles posted too!
I have a cash miles goal for next summer of 7000 AM. At 4500 right now. I think we can do it. Can I say again how great this group is?

Donald - you beat me to it! I was going to post the Staples promo LOL
Love it!

Would be good if everyone who gets the BMO bonus states what kind of BMO credit card they have and if they got an email or not, so that those of us who don't get anything have something to go by.

Would be good if everyone who gets the BMO bonus states what kind of BMO credit card they have and if they got an email or not, so that those of us who don't get anything have something to go by.

I just checked and my 500 BMO bonus miles were posted dated Sept25.
I have the no fee BMO Airmiles MC and got the email about this offer.

I just checked and my 500 BMO bonus miles were posted dated Sept25.
I have the no fee BMO Airmiles MC and got the email about this offer.

My bonus posted today. I have the no fee regular BMO AM MasterCard and I did receive the email.

• basic, no fee mastercard
  • no initial email BUT i did get one on Friday reminding me to do the 3 transactions
  • 3rd shop was at Staples and was under their $40 threshold so didn't earn any AM for the actual transaction (was worried about this)
  • ONLY did 3 transactions at partner stores

Time for the Wednesday flyer updates. Links are active in the first post and here are the ones not already posted above:
Super early, extremely fuzzy Rexall --spend $30 on the weekend get $10 gift card lots of bonus miles again and some threshold spend i can't make out

Rexall Ontario Flyer

Sobey's Urban Fresh
Booo -- the HBC gift card offer isn't here & it's the only thing in the full Sobey's flyer i would buy
Sobey's Western Flyer
**If you have any need to stock up on booze -- do it this week, so big bonuses to be had!
Sobey's Atlantic Flyer

Foodland Atlantic Flyer

I signed up a second email account for the Staples email offer. I'm now thinking it won't work. It's based on collector number isn't it.
No it let me put email and AM card #. for myself and my husband’s emails and cards! I don’t think it’s specific to your email or AM card.

Husband just started his AM card. We have it set to 100% cash. Mainly so we can redeem Starbucks GC and redeem at Shell too! I like how they send you special offers like “step 1 - shop at any partner and earn at least 1AM to get 10AM bonus”.

I have the Elite BMO card and I did get the email.

Seems like almost everyone who got the bonus had the no fee card. Kind of a slap in the face to those of us who pay a fee and didn't get the bonus.

So far today, I have not received my bonus yet. Typically, whenever the Ontario collectors post that they got their bonus miles, mine arrive within the next day or two.

Just found another interesting piece of info regarding the ticket changes. If you book a package with WDW the ticket valid period becomes which ever is longer, the set period attached to the length of ticket or the number of vacation days. Example.....I would book a 10 day stay with a 4 day ticket. The normal valid period for the 4 day ticket is 7 days but my vacation is for 10 so I then have 10 days to use that ticket.

I received the BMO $500 bonus! I got the email and have the BMO Sobeys AirMiles Mastercard. Highly recommend that one. No fee and you get 2x AM per $20 spent at every AM Sponsor right now.

No Mastercard bonus AM for me yet and I have the no-fee card (I also got the e-mail). I wonder if it's because one of my purchase is in Ontario instead of QC?!? I guess I will stop by Jean Coutu tomorrow just to be safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter