• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I'm gonna put something out there for people to mull over. I keep seeing several of you mention that you can easily do an order thru Staples because you always need ink and I can't keep this to myself anymore. We bought a printer about 18 months ago -- during one of the big promos -- and we STILL haven't bought any ink for that thing, SERIOUSLY, no ink!! It's an Epson Eco Tank, it cost us around $500 because we needed a more heavy-duty one for hubby's business but they do come in smaller versions and are currently on sale at Staples. It came with enough ink to fill up each tank more than once, and once we do need more ink? The bottles only cost $18.00 and is supposed to be enough for over 6000 pages. Ours came with some bonus bottles and those are still sitting sealed in the cupboard. We were spending over $200 twice a year on ink so this has more than earned it's keep now

This is the one we have

Epson Eco Tank Printer
Wow! I didn't know such a thing existed. Now I'm hoping my printer dies and I've never wished for that before. Never having to run out for a cartridge? That's a dream come true.
Now on my bucket list!

I just finished my last shop for the Mix & Match. Thankfully each of the stores was in a different category.

1) Bentley's - carry-on suitcase
2) Staples - ink
3) AliExpress - bunch of electronic stuff hubby wanted

So there is a new batch of offers at Shell and it does in fact include that offer i took a picture of ... Buy a sammich, and add a small can of Pringles & a drink for $1.99 and get 50 AM. Now I don't think i could eat that myself BUT the Shell i went to is right downtown Toronto and I passed a LOT of people who I'm sure would LOVE to have that to eat! Currently the terms & conditions is a dead link, hopefully that clears up soon.

Shell in store offers
I will go tomorrow to do a swipe. Thanks for sharing!

I don’t know if it’s because I booked with AirMiles, or because I had to call and change our November flights, but I noticed yesterday in the AirCanada app when looking at the “fare details” that included in our tickets was a few awesome perks:

• First and second checked bag included
  • Standby for earlier flights
  • Lounge access for $25
  • Free advance seat selection
  • Free preferred seat selection
  • Air Canada Bistro voucher
  • Priority check-in, baggage handling, and boarding
So even though our flight is so far out I was able to choose our seats, and get preferred seats! I’m kind of amazed!

Does anyone know if AirMiles flights always include that?
Not really. I booked twice and had to pay extra for extra leg room seats, last summer and this summer.

I am planning on using AM to book an all inclusive trip in November, but I don’t know where to go.

Most important is want a tropical beach resort with a beach that has lots of shade, and nice to walk on. Just want to sit on a beach and watch the ocean. Not a foodie so do not need a ton of restaurants, actually prefer a nice buffet as going solo.

Thinking Punta Cana, anyone have a favorite resort that they would recommend.

When booking with AM, if you cancel do you lose the points.

I am planning on using AM to book an all inclusive trip in November, but I don’t know where to go.

Most important is want a tropical beach resort with a beach that has lots of shade, and nice to walk on. Just want to sit on a beach and watch the ocean. Not a foodie so do not need a ton of restaurants, actually prefer a nice buffet as going solo.

If not a foodie..head to Cuba..great beach. Food is good and safe just not upscale.

If not a foodie..head to Cuba..great beach. Food is good and safe just not upscale.
I agree with Mort that if you're not worried about the food Cuba is a great place to go with beautiful beaches. However, Cuba tends to not have that tropical vibe that other places have. A lot of the beaches only have shade provided via palapa. There are a few VERY nice resorts that are new and a few good older ones. The trouble is there are a lot of bad resorts. Even within the good resorts there are rooms/buildings that are in bad shape. You have to understand Cuba before you go or else you may not have an enjoyable experience. Do not stay in anything less than a 4.5 star.

Punta Cana is a great place to go if you want tropical. All the beaches are covered in huge palm trees but depending on what part of the coast you are on the water can be rough. The closer you are to the airport the calmer the water is. There are lots of great resorts. One thing that is sometimes an issue for people in the DR is that many places have all open air dining. So that means the birds can be a nuisance and it also means that without A/C it can be uncomfortable. Personally, the only real negative to the DR is the timeshare people that hound you day in and day out. I respect that they are just doing the job they are told to do (and support their families) but after you've told them no thank you 15 times it's gets on your nerves.

Mexico and Jamaica also very nice.

I can give you a list of resorts if you want one.

Look at the Iberostar chain in the Dominan Republic, Mexico or Jamaica. We loved our stay at Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus many years ago. The buffet was amazing (had filet mignon one night) and I liked the small size of the resort.

Look at the Iberostar chain in the Dominan Republic, Mexico or Jamaica. We loved our stay at Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus many years ago. The buffet was amazing (had filet mignon one night) and I liked the small size of the resort.

I stayed at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites in Montego Bay...loved it! This is the middle of three resorts (Beach, Suites, Grand) and a smaller resort (400-ish rooms). It's only 20 minutes from the airport as well.

You got some great answers about the actual locations to look at but not the insurance part so i did a little digging into that for you!

Here's the answer to your questions about what happens to the miles

• If you have used your AIR MILES® Dream Miles for AIR MILES Package Vacation or Cruise (PVC) bookings through redtag.ca and have insured those travel arrangements under Manulife Travel Insurance For redtag.ca – AIR MILES then, in the event you must cancel your trip, the AIR MILES Dream Miles used will be reinstated to your AIR MILES account.
If you want to read more about the entire policy and different options they offer, check out this webpage

Insurance for Vacations Using Airmiles

I have always been uncertain about whether 100% of your AM used would go back into your account. The terms below are a little unclear as to whether you only get 50% back or if under certain conditions you would be able to get 100% back. Any thought?

Trip Cancellation (if you have to cancel your travel plans before you leave for your trip)

• From the moment you purchase your policy, you will be protected for the cost of your trip if you have to unexpectedly cancel before the departure date.
  • Cancel for any Reason (14 days or more before your departure date) – it’s included free of charge. If you simply change your mind and no longer wish to travel, we will give you 50% of the non-refundable trip cost. No questions asked!
  • If you have used your AIR MILES® Dream Miles for AIR MILES Package Vacation or Cruise (PVC) bookings through redtag.ca and have insured those travel arrangements under Manulife Travel Insurance For redtag.ca – AIR MILES then, in the event you must cancel your trip, the AIR MILES Dream Miles used will be reinstated to your AIR MILES account.

Did a couple of more swipes today, Shell for an ultimate dining card and then urban Fresh for some OMG clusters, 2.99 buy 2 get 10 AM .

Spied this sign in the door at shell! I can't tell how much you need to spend but looks like a good deal if you don't mind a sammich from a gas station :rotfl2:
View attachment 388144

Hi Hon
I tried to read the fine print.......I am not able to see it to well...thought you might be able to help?
Can I do more than one of this promo (sandwich,coke product and pringles) per day just so long as it's separate transactions?
Sorry I know I am back tracking the thread but I am just trying to get caught up.
Thanks
Mel

Hi Hon
I tried to read the fine print.......I am not able to see it to well...thought you might be able to help?
Can I do more than one of this promo (sandwich,coke product and pringles) per day just so long as it's separate transactions?
Sorry I know I am back tracking the thread but I am just trying to get caught up.
Thanks
Mel

Welcome home! I figured someone would be wanting to know about the fine print so I did take a close up of that but it doesn't answer your question exactly and the link on the website still isn't active.
Screenshot_20190317-172156_Gallery.jpg

Welcome home! I figured someone would be wanting to know about the fine print so I did take a close up of that but it doesn't answer your question exactly and the link on the website still isn't active.
View attachment 388838
Hi Hon
Thanks for the welcome home ~~Hugs~~
Well I need gas so I am headed out and am going to give it a try,,,I'll report back.
Hugs
Mel

Sooooo.... I did three separate transactions using debit-credit-gas card....clerk acknowledged that I should have gotten 50 bonus airmiles for each one however their system appears to be down so no airmiles on any of the bills.He did scan my card for each purchase.
I will wait a few days to see if the airmiles post. Shell is usually good about posting at least within a week.
Time will tell. Sons will eat the sandwiches/me nah.

Hugs
Mel

So I have not done the Shell meal yet, when I went this weekend no hotdogs or anything hot. The counter person was solo and said they only can do that when they have others working. But priced out the hotdogs were 1.39 plus the 1.99 even with tax, I am getting paid to eat the bad hotdogs. Where is my skid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter