• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I don’t know if it’s because I booked with AirMiles, or because I had to call and change our November flights, but I noticed yesterday in the AirCanada app when looking at the “fare details” that included in our tickets was a few awesome perks:

• First and second checked bag included
  • Standby for earlier flights
  • Lounge access for $25
  • Free advance seat selection
  • Free preferred seat selection
  • Air Canada Bistro voucher
  • Priority check-in, baggage handling, and boarding
So even though our flight is so far out I was able to choose our seats, and get preferred seats! I’m kind of amazed!

Does anyone know if AirMiles flights always include that?

I just checked my flights to Florida booked with Airmiles and I am sorry to report I have none of those perks. I get the standard pay for everything in the details. Did you have to pay anything extra to change your flights? Maybe they bumped you up when they did the change.

I just checked my flights to Florida booked with Airmiles and I am sorry to report I have none of those perks. I get the standard pay for everything in the details. Did you have to pay anything extra to change your flights? Maybe they bumped you up when they did the change.

No we just paid the fare that showed on AM plus the taxes and fees. They did not charge anything to change my flights since they had changed them. They must have added it since the person I spoke to when I had to change my flights did say she felt pretty bad for me.

Sorry to hear it's not always an AM perk!! I will have to really enjoy it!

Did a couple of more swipes today, Shell for an ultimate dining card and then urban Fresh for some OMG clusters, 2.99 buy 2 get 10 AM .

Spied this sign in the door at shell! I can't tell how much you need to spend but looks like a good deal if you don't mind a sammich from a gas station :rotfl2:
View attachment 388144

Ok, so my husband's card still needed another 46 bonus air miles for his cash miles. I wanted him to have two cash mile spends for Mega Miles. I decided to try out the Shell offer. I purchased a hot dog, the pringles and a bottle of water. $3.68 plus tax = $4.16 and was given the 50 bonus miles. It worked out to .083 cents a mile. I figure that's a pretty good return! It was either do that or pay $50 for a Netflix gift card to get the 50 bonus air miles. Cash is short right now so I opted for the meal. I ate half the hog dog and threw it out but I put the chips & water aside for later.

I started a thread for this promo! Mach 21st - April 25th and I'm thinking it looks much easier than the last few of these promos

Mega Miles 2019 Thread

So much easier! Maybe that's why they reduce the bonus air miles at the end.

Ok, so my husband's card still needed another 46 bonus air miles for his cash miles. I wanted him to have two cash mile spends for Mega Miles. I decided to try out the Shell offer. I purchased a hot dog, the pringles and a bottle of water. $3.68 plus tax = $4.16 and was given the 50 bonus miles. It worked out to .083 cents a mile. I figure that's a pretty good return! It was either do that or pay $50 for a Netflix gift card to get the 50 bonus air miles. Cash is short right now so I opted for the meal. I ate half the hog dog and threw it out but I put the chips & water aside for later.

Hotdogs count? I might have to give this offer a try.

Ok...mix and match...I'm confused. Categories...indigo is not under books???
When i drop down the Books category under the "browse categories tabs ", it does appear, but not on the front page ! And Indigo also appears under department store, which leaves me a bit confused and unsure. I thought to do Indigo, amazon and LLBean this weekend, now I'm not so sure.

When i drop down the Books category under the "browse categories tabs ", it does appear, but not on the front page ! And Indigo also appears under department store, which leaves me a bit confused and unsure. I thought to do Indigo, amazon and LLBean this weekend, now I'm not so sure.

It's not in the book category for this specific promo, they have grouped them together in what makes little to no sense to me. All of the stores I would shop at are all lumped into department store so I didn't even try to complete this!!

Thats a great return. The hotdog might have sucked, but if you look at it you got paid to eat and buy it. 50am is just over $5. So eat up.
Now if only I could get a skid of those.

That hot dog deal is intriguing. My kid loves hot dogs. He does not like pringles but I do. May have to see about this... 50 AM is a good return for that!

Just got an email to let me know that Dell has a 10X multiplier right now HOWEVER, it's good thru till March 29th so if you're thinking about it, wait till next week and use it towards your Mega Miles coupon count

It's not in the book category for this specific promo, they have grouped them together in what makes little to no sense to me. All of the stores I would shop at are all lumped into department store so I didn't even try to complete this!!
I did a spend at Chapters (which I had to do now because I treated myself with my Christmas money and bought myself a new Kobo and it was only on sale this week) and thought maybe I should check out the promo but then the Bay and Amazon are all lumped together so I will save the rest of my online shopping for Mega Miles. I will for sure need printer ink from either the Source or Staples by then and want (not need) some stuff from Amazon.

Oh and 14 of my 15 swipes are done. Just need to go to Shell for lottery and I will be done. I think I have just finished my 4 $100 shops at Sobeys for bonus miles as well. What would I have done without you guys helping me along?

Reporting on our swipes, yesterday for hubby
  • Metro for $25 Netflix Gift card
  • Staples for paper (that he intentionally didn't buy on Wednesday, GO HUBBY!)
For me today:
  • Metro for another $25 Netflix Gift Card
  • Rexall for one of my better scores! Toothpaste on clearance for $2.14 LnG offer of 5 AM
That takes us up to either 13 or 14 (one receipt has grown legs!) but it runs till March 25th and I'll easily finish up and get the 150 AM

I'm gonna put something out there for people to mull over. I keep seeing several of you mention that you can easily do an order thru Staples because you always need ink and I can't keep this to myself anymore. We bought a printer about 18 months ago -- during one of the big promos -- and we STILL haven't bought any ink for that thing, SERIOUSLY, no ink!! It's an Epson Eco Tank, it cost us around $500 because we needed a more heavy-duty one for hubby's business but they do come in smaller versions and are currently on sale at Staples. It came with enough ink to fill up each tank more than once, and once we do need more ink? The bottles only cost $18.00 and is supposed to be enough for over 6000 pages. Ours came with some bonus bottles and those are still sitting sealed in the cupboard. We were spending over $200 twice a year on ink so this has more than earned it's keep now

This is the one we have

Epson Eco Tank Printer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter