Airmiles Armchair Chatter

A number of the offers for Bonus Boom are things that are already on offer at certain stores now anyway. Shell (coke products offer) is running right now as is Global Pet Foods (donate $5 offer). The LCBO is all on offer, Rexall is a flyer offer for the weekend. Not certain why they are bundling this up as something great unless it is to confuse new earners into thinking there are extra bonus miles attached to using these coupons. There is no mention in the details of any Bonus for using X number of coupons as with other promotions.

Like osully said. I may use the M/C one but that is it. Too much tracking for too few AM.

Got groceries at Safeway yesterday, and of the 420AM I should have gotten with GC's, only 35 posted. I bought 3 x Sephora variable ($50 each), $50 La Vie en Rose, 2 x Netflix $60. The new store manager helped me at customer service and did the 'make it right' for the 385 air miles that I was missing. I told him that while I realize the file maintenance isn't done at store level, the Safeway/Sobey's file maintenance department need to get their poop in a group. I'm tired of having to chase air miles and fix their mistakes.

This is a time i hate being right but they didn't surprise me!! They don't usually do big promos until the previous one has posted to everyone's accounts and they've had about a week to sort out that mess. (Please tell me that I'm not the only one who is currently refreshing my account multiple times a day to check on the possible posting of StB miles :P )

The one offer that sort of ticked me off is the Rexall one, i was really hoping there would be something more promising to make up for the lack of a weekly coupon for some bonus miles. I thought perhaps they would include a big Thursday offer and instead they tipped their hand for a lousy threshold spend for the weekend :headache:

heres
This is a time i hate being right but they didn't surprise me!! They don't usually do big promos until the previous one has posted to everyone's accounts and they've had about a week to sort out that mess. (Please tell me that I'm not the only one who is currently refreshing my account multiple times a day to check on the possible posting of StB miles :P )

The one offer that sort of ticked me off is the Rexall one, i was really hoping there would be something more promising to make up for the lack of a weekly coupon for some bonus miles. I thought perhaps they would include a big Thursday offer and instead they tipped their hand for a lousy threshold spend for the weekend :headache:

i’m nervous for StB to show up because of the airmilesshops problems. i got the miles for my online shop but not the StB bonus coupon, so i know i won’t see the full 2000 when it first posts. i’m just hoping that because it was such a widespread problem
it’ll be an easy fix.

heres

i’m nervous for StB to show up because of the airmilesshops problems. i got the miles for my online shop but not the StB bonus coupon, so i know i won’t see the full 2000 when it first posts. i’m just hoping that because it was such a widespread problem
it’ll be an easy fix.
If you have the miles posted to your account that prove you successfully completed the proper transaction you won't have a problem getting the miles posted if you don't get the full amount. If they don't all show up immediately you can do an online chat right away because they will have already finished with your account. You can also chase down the 50 for the coupon as well once the full bonus posts or wait the 75 days for that coupon which is March 12th

I was able to update my signature with a few extra AM's updated over the weekend!
I have some snail-mail coupons that came my way, some of these items I will need to stock up on before the coupon expires... though I am thinking I am going to try my hand at tortilla making, the way we eat them around here. I already make an awesome naan if I do say so myself.

Heard back from our Disney TA - word on the Disney street is that the Star Wars resort won't be opening until 2021-ish.
So, if we do a split stay, it's looking like maybe 7 nights POR then 4 nights GF. Stopped at Walmart and picked up a $50 Disney gift card - never too early to start saving!

Did you try getting them (Air Canada) to put you on the direct Ottawa-Orlando flight instead of the new time through Toronto? They might be willing to move you onto that one to simplify matters at their end. The airline knows they will sell out the Toronto-Orlando route, sometimes filling the Ottawa-Orlando is difficult. I would call Air Canada and see what they have to say.

I had a change with Delta back last fall. They changed the time of my connection. Made it really tight. Delta was willing to move my flights around (not sure if it would have cost anything as I didn't make the change)
I tried calling AirCanada first and they told me right away (good thing I asked for a call back and didn’t wait on hold) that since AirMiles booked I need to call them... :(

Heard back from our Disney TA - word on the Disney street is that the Star Wars resort won't be opening until 2021-ish.
So, if we do a split stay, it's looking like maybe 7 nights POR then 4 nights GF. Stopped at Walmart and picked up a $50 Disney gift card - never too early to start saving!

I'd say that's too bad but really, it's not! GF is no consolation prize--you're going to have an amazing time and your daughter is going to love the surprise.

I'd say that's too bad but really, it's not! GF is no consolation prize--you're going to have an amazing time and your daughter is going to love the surprise.

The trip isn't a surprise for her, she's right in the thick of things checking out things and planning, lol. Plus, she's quite the air miles collector as well, does me proud. The split stay with the GF would be for my husband and I.

I just saw an article that says the SW resort is still in the design and concept stage. No permits yet. It also mentions that speculation is that prices will be the highest on property.

The trip isn't a surprise for her, she's right in the thick of things checking out things and planning, lol. Plus, she's quite the air miles collector as well, does me proud. The split stay with the GF would be for my husband and I.

ah. i must’ve mixed people up, my mistake! in any case, GF is awesome :) i hope you all have the best time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter