• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Rexall Flyers:
Western Flyer
Ontario Flyer

Of note:

• Spend $50 get 100 AM Fri-Sun
  • Spend $20 on Rose & Robin products get 30 AM
  • 15% Sportcheck giftcards (no longer an AM store but if you collect Triangle points it is with that, and why not save $$)
  • Well.ca -- spend $75, select delivery to the store with code Shiptorexall and save $10 (this IS on the AM online portal and you can spend the $100 to make it a StB coupon)

I hit Safeway last night...I almost forgot to get the Sephora GC for myself and the daughter. Then I had to go back for a prescription that I had dropped off...and the son needed band aids. And of course I found some that had Am attached to them. I love those little scores. So I scored 152 Am yesterday. Not too shabby. With their pitiful offers there lately...I'll take it.
Hope to get my boys some Cabella's GC for stocking stuffers, and maybe pick up a boston pizza GC as well...as we tend to go there as it's a place that everyone can find something to eat there.

I highly doubt it... the shell offers appear on your receipt, it looks to me like you only got the in store purchase miles. I would be heading back to the same station and asking them unless you want to wait out the stupid 120 days AM will quote you
It wasn't on my receipt :(
There's been a few issues lately...I'm currently doing the 3x 25L VPower gas at Shell for 100 miles but one of my entries looks different than the others, even though all my gas purchases were from the same Shell and they all met the requirements :P

for those of you who have already tried miss fresh: have you had any problems cancelling after one delivery? Looking through the menus, there's one week with meals we would enjoy enough for the box to be worth it, but I don't want to be stuck with a service I wouldn't regularly get value out of (the meals cost more than I would typically spend on food, but the bonus miles mean it'll work out in the long run).

My experience was very easy. The day I placed my first order, I went and cancelled delivery on any weeks after that I could. I think I did 3 weeks. I changed them all from Green delivery to Red for no delivery. Then, because I knew I was going to try another week of meals, I stayed on, got my second order, and then followed their instructions for cancelling. I believe you 'inactive' your account. I think I received 1 or 2 emails in the 3-ish weeks right after that (one "are you missing us" one about how easy it would be to come back and possibly one deal), but no issues otherwise. And not much email since.

My experience was very easy. The day I placed my first order, I went and cancelled delivery on any weeks after that I could. I think I did 3 weeks. I changed them all from Green delivery to Red for no delivery. Then, because I knew I was going to try another week of meals, I stayed on, got my second order, and then followed their instructions for cancelling. I believe you 'inactive' your account. I think I received 1 or 2 emails in the 3-ish weeks right after that (one "are you missing us" one about how easy it would be to come back and possibly one deal), but no issues otherwise. And not much email since.
I'm not home most of the day so how does this get delivered? I'm wondering if they will leave it at the front door or if I will have to go chasing it down. How does it stay fresh?
Good to know I can cancel anytime, I think I would give it up after one round unless it was truly amazing.

I'm not home most of the day so how does this get delivered? I'm wondering if they will leave it at the front door or if I will have to go chasing it down. How does it stay fresh?
Good to know I can cancel anytime, I think I would give it up after one round unless it was truly amazing.

I get the Good Food box and it arrives in an insulated cardboard box with the protein at the bottom along with a few frozen packs. Ours is left on our front porch right by the front door.

Mine (NS) came from FedEx, who left it beside by doorstep wrapped in plastic (because it was calling for rain) the day I wasn't home for it. I believe when you pick your delivery day (Tuesday, Thursday or Friday I think were the options) you can include a sentence for instructions for delivery if you're not home. Alternatively you can have it delivered to your work if that helps.

But packaging was good, I think I had 3 ice packs lining my insulated cardboard box and the meat product was at the bottom, still cold when I got to it.

OMG I WON SOMETHING!!!!! Now let's hope I can use this during the StB promo!!
View attachment 365441

Congrats!!! :cool1: :banana:

Not to burst your bubble but it says 'potential' winner.....does that mean you haven't exactly won it yet???? WTH kind of wording is that?

Could just mean she has to correctly answer the skill testing question.

I have to fill out a form and email it back, let her know when she can call me and then answer a skill testing question

Yep, what Jacqueline said. People are notified as a "potential" winner until they answer the STQ and sometimes fill-out/sign paperwork. THEN you become the official winner.

My husband did not check his junk mail folder for a couple of months. I finally went in and found a 2 week old e-mail from Disney Movie Rewards that he was the potential winner of a $25 Disney GC. He had to reply back within 24 hours! Of course, he didn't and he didn't get the card. (sigh). We had words over that. Now *I* check his junk folder every day.

Rexall/CARP promo, ending tomorrow.

I was over on Smartcanucks' website this morning and there is a 100 airmiles wus $50 coupon for CARP members posted (google smartcanucks Safeway airmiles thread if you're interested) valid Nov 9 to Nov 16 (tomorrow). I have CARP, get their emails and checked all over Rexall's and CARP's websites and couldn't find it. So I took it to Rexall today anyway and was able to stack 100 airmiles CARP, 60 airmiles weekly email offer, 50 airmiles personal offer and 1 base mile = 211 airmiles. I think I might use it tomorrow as well as they have the 100 airmile wus $50 weekend promo so it would be at least another 200 airmiles.

I know this doesn't help out for STB but if you are short cash miles, it's a great opportunity.

Rexall Flyers:
Western Flyer
Ontario Flyer

Of note:

• Spend $50 get 100 AM Fri-Sun
  • Spend $20 on Rose & Robin products get 30 AM
  • 15% Sportcheck giftcards (no longer an AM store but if you collect Triangle points it is with that, and why not save $$)
  • Well.ca -- spend $75, select delivery to the store with code Shiptorexall and save $10 (this IS on the AM online portal and you can spend the $100 to make it a StB coupon)

I may shop at Rexall for the first time ever for STB, will the spend $50 get 100 stack with the STB coupon? Do you need the flyer coupon to get the the spend $50 get 100?

I may shop at Rexall for the first time ever for STB, will the spend $50 get 100 stack with the STB coupon? Do you need the flyer coupon to get the the spend $50 get 100?
No, the StB coupons aren't valid yet .. the one to use cash miles starts on Monday the 19th and the threshold spend isn't valid till Dec 3rd.

IF they were valid during the same time frame then, yes, they would stack. If you can hang on a few days we might get an early head's up for a threshold spend next week that will stack -- AND you might have a threshold spend in your load n go offers as well.

for those of you who have already tried miss fresh: have you had any problems cancelling after one delivery? Looking through the menus, there's one week with meals we would enjoy enough for the box to be worth it, but I don't want to be stuck with a service I wouldn't regularly get value out of (the meals cost more than I would typically spend on food, but the bonus miles mean it'll work out in the long run).
I cancelled without issue. I ordered and then immediately after suspended the following three weeks. Then a week or so later I suspended another few weeks. As soon as the miles posted to my account I cancelled. They still send me emails though...I probably need to unsub or something.

As to the delivery...as mentioned you have the option to leave comments. I said 'leave at front door'. The packaging is impressive. I was wondering how they could ship me raw chicken and not also delivery food poisoning. The raw meat was between two HUGE ice packs. The box had left QC at 5am and arrived at my door around 3pm. The meat was very cold and the ice packs were still frozen solid. The box also comes with instructions on how to recycle all of it.

I'm going to order it again on my DD's AM account and hope that it goes through for STB. The miles came pretty quickly so I should know if works or not before the end of the promo.

Last edited:
Congrats!!! :cool1: :banana:

Yep, what Jacqueline said. People are notified as a "potential" winner until they answer the STQ and sometimes fill-out/sign paperwork. THEN you become the official winner.

My husband did not check his junk mail folder for a couple of months. I finally went in and found a 2 week old e-mail from Disney Movie Rewards that he was the potential winner of a $25 Disney GC. He had to reply back within 24 hours! Of course, he didn't and he didn't get the card. (sigh). We had words over that. Now *I* check his junk folder every day.

Lol classic! I have also won an AirMiles contest before. I obsessively check my email and junk mail. I check everything!

No, the StB coupons aren't valid yet .. the one to use cash miles starts on Monday the 19th and the threshold spend isn't valid till Dec 3rd.

IF they were valid during the same time frame then, yes, they would stack. If you can hang on a few days we might get an early head's up for a threshold spend next week that will stack -- AND you might have a threshold spend in your load n go offers as well.

Thanks! Dec 3 actually may work better as the Thrifty’s foods starts Dec 6. If I can go on the same day for both would be great as neither is close to me.
I’ll keep an eye here that week for the stackable coupons.

So do I attempt to go out or Hibernate at home?:car:
I did get new snow tires a few weeks ago,,,,I'd love a cup of McDonald coffee.:coffee:
Maybe I'll give the plows another hour or so to clear the roads.:cold:

Hugs
Mel
SURE you do .. that will be one Mastercard charge closer to shopping round the block :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter