Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I just checked and we still have $76 in gift cards applied to our Netflix account from the last time they had an air miles promotion attached to them. Which was August 2017 according to my notes.

Hmm... then it was $30 Netflix gift card = 35 air miles. Looks like they kept the air mile ratio this year. Just making you purchase the equivalent of 2 gift cards (last year) for 70 miles.

Hmm.. looks like that will be used up in 5 months. Maybe I should purchase more.

Just curious if any Air Miles DIS'ers are planning on going to WDW for the 50th anniversary in 2021? We already have a big family trip planned for April 2019 to Mexico, so at this point, all of my miles are being saved for that WDW trip.

Question though: Do we know if the celebrations will start right on January 1, 2021? Or will they start on the exact date WDW was opened?

Last edited:
I'm super jealous of those of you who are able to count on your Metro miles posting every week ... I just looked at my account and what should appear?? My miles from JULY 29th! Our store is always at least 3 weeks behind & sometimes they push that 60 day limit to the max!! However, the lone mile from when hubby was out west last week and bought his snacks & water at Safeway Willowbrook (?? no idea where that is!) posted. He neglected to hand over his card when he picked up the rental car so we'll not get those 25-ish BUT the office wasn't open when he dropped the car off and we've yet to see the charge appear on the card :rolleyes1

Just back from a Rexall shop.
I purchased two Rexall products total $30.48 (Both labeled Rexall)
Bill showed
Base miles N/A
Bonus MilesN/A
Load & Go N/A
which store manager says usually means the airmiles website is down.

Next purchase total $30.52
Manager is not sure if the Nosh & Co products and Savvy products will go through,,she seems to think it is only Rexall and Be Better,
She read the fine print and did say it is a bit misleading as Nosh & Co and Savvy are Rexall owned products.
This Bill showed
Base Miles N/A
Bonus Miles N/A
Load & Go N/A
So if the airmiles don't post in the next couple of days she said that she will *make it right* for me.

Hugs Mel

Just a suggestion for Rexall (you never know who reads these posts):rolleyes1
Maybe in the fine print they will have to exclude certain *Rexall* products in the future.
They even have a *KIT* beauty line.

Last edited:
Quick question
Anyone know how long Swiffer Refills last?. I used to be a scrub the floors on my hands and knees but that ended this past year with a cyst developing in my right knee.
I was thinking of stocking up on them at Sobeys since there is a buy 3 at $4.99 each get 25 airmiles.

Thanks
Hugs Mel

Regarding Etsy I was checking the balances on my and my husband's air miles card. I ordered from Etsy twice under my husband's card. Once on Aug 20 (US funds) and once on Aug 21 (CAN funds). His AM card shows two Etsy transactions both dated Aug 20 for 2 air miles and 1 air mile.

My card however... I ordered on Aug 12 (US funds) and Aug 21 (CAN funds). No transactions showing up on my air miles account.

So strange!

bababear -> I don't know about the Swiffer refills myself. I use one of those squeegy type mops things. I don't even know what they are called. (wry grin) How's your knee though? I hope that's not painful for everyday moving/walking around.

New Rexall email
Fri Aug 24-Sunday Aug 26
spend 30.00 get a 10.00 gift card

Email_Aug23_3daysAMtiered.jpg

https://www.rexall.ca/eflyer/?utm_s...mail&utm_campaign=august23-freegiftcoupon-PPD

Just curious if any Air Miles DIS'ers are planning on going to WDW for the 50th anniversary in 2021? We already have a big family trip planned for April 2019 to Mexico, so at this point, all of my miles are being saved for that WDW trip.

Question though: Do we know if the celebrations will start right on January 1, 2021? Or will they start on the exact date WDW was opened?

Yes that is when I am tentatively planning our next trip... much to our extended family's disdain. They are Disney HATERS... every time my DD chats about wanting to go back, you should see my MIL's face... :(

And good grief the Safeway flyer doesn't have very good deals this week either. DH was shocked when he saw that the Spend $140 get AM is only for 35 AM. LOL Shocked is the best Dis-friendly term I can use anyways.

Last edited:
Quick question
Anyone know how long Swiffer Refills last?. I used to be a scrub the floors on my hands and knees but that ended this past year with a cyst developing in my right knee.
I was thinking of stocking up on them at Sobeys since there is a buy 3 at $4.99 each get 25 airmiles.

Thanks
Hugs Mel
OMG -- i didn't study the flyers closely this week so i missed this! I said to hubby in the grocery store on Sunday "I just opened the last wet swiffer package so as soon as they go on sale with AM i need some, add it to our "watch list"
If you're talking about the wet cloths -- they last for one "wash" of my front hall/bathroom and then an initial pass on the kitchen floor, and then done. If the kitchen is particularly dirty I'll use another one (like after yesterday's cookie baking session when the phone kept ringing and i kept dropping dough on the floor as i wiped my hands on my Food and Wine apron :P ) The dry cloths are good for much longer -- but are lousy at picking up anything more than the dust bunnies that hide under the hutch and the initial pass on the crunchy bits that fall under hubby's chair (seriously, how does he make so much mess???) All that to say i LOVE mine and they usually last until the next sale! I also use the dusters!

Side note, they are a P & G product so you can use a coupon from this site (there is currently one for the entire setup for $3.00 and $1.00 for the refills)

P & G coupons via Rexall

Regarding Etsy I was checking the balances on my and my husband's air miles card. I ordered from Etsy twice under my husband's card. Once on Aug 20 (US funds) and once on Aug 21 (CAN funds). His AM card shows two Etsy transactions both dated Aug 20 for 2 air miles and 1 air mile.

My card however... I ordered on Aug 12 (US funds) and Aug 21 (CAN funds). No transactions showing up on my air miles account.

So strange!

bababear -> I don't know about the Swiffer refills myself. I use one of those squeegy type mops things. I don't even know what they are called. (wry grin) How's your knee though? I hope that's not painful for everyday moving/walking around.

Hi Hon
For some reason my sons like the swiffer (laziness) lol. I like the Vileda mop and bucket myself, The cyst ruptured last year but instead of going away the scans show it is refilling,,I am seeing a surgeon next week so maybe he will have some suggestions. I have to have strong legs for my Disney trips is what I am going to tell him!:D
Hugs to you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter