Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Time for the weekly flyer dissection!
Sobeys Urban Fresh

• Buy 2 packs of organic mushrooms (no idea of $$) get 10AM
Sobeys West
  • Blue Friday -but they lie, it's the same as the Ontario flyer up above with slightly different products & prices
  • Olymel sausages $6.99 buy 2 get 20 AM
  • Burnbrae packages of boiled eggs 0.99 buy 2 get 10 AM
  • Pizzas made in store buy 2 get 15 AM buy 3 get 25 AM (no idea of $$)
  • ED Smith Jams $3.19 buy 2 get 15 AM
  • Bunch of pharmacy items
Sobeys Atlantic
  • Same Friday offers as everyone else BUT yours have no $$ attached to items??
  • Spend $8 or more on deli sliced turkey/chicken get 10AM
  • 10 piece chicken tenders (looked cooked??) $11.99 get 20 AM
  • Tortilla shells $3.29 buy 2 get 10 AM
  • Tetley teas $3.99 buy 3 get 15 AM
  • Del Monte juices $2.99 buy 2 get 10 AM
  • A BUNCH of cereals/granola bars/yogurt/fruit rollups ranging from 2/$5 to $5.99 spend $20 get 50 AM
  • bunch of pretty meh deal on pet/health/baby items but would fall into our "we need those anyway so might as well stock up" category

Foodland ON has one (seriously that's all i see!!) "don't run out specifically but sorta ok" deal
  • Cleaning products ranging from $3.79 - $4.99 buy 2 get 10 AM
Foodland Atlantic
  • Even before i start looking -- in big letters (like this is worth bragging bout) Over 50 AM in this flyer?!?!
  • OK ... WOW not ONE of those piddly offers is at the 1:1 ratio .... $4.49 for cookies buy 2 get THREE AM
Metro
  • Kellogg's cereals & Eggos S $4.99 buy 2 get 15 AM
  • Annies Mac & Cheese 2/$4 buy 4 get 20 AM
  • Oikos yogurt ranging from 3/$10 - $4.99 buy 3 get 20 AM (gee guess which is the better deal is you look strictly at the AM return, math on the product is up to you :P)

Last edited:
We cruised on Carnival Liberty from Port Canaveral when it was doing 7-night cruises. We are looking forward to getting back on it after doing RCL for a few cruises, we missed the 24-hour ice cream ;) well someone did any way! And we are looking forward to the water slides, and the ports we are stopping at should be a lot of fun.

Can you pack me in your suitcase. Just saw the weather on tv 10-15cm of snow this weekend!:sad:

Can you pack me in your suitcase. Just saw the weather on tv 10-15cm of snow this weekend!:sad:

I've had about 4 people ask to get packed :) I saw the forecast and am glad we are going now! We leave Friday before the snow arrives. I was thinking April was late since winter should be over... guess not!!

OMG, OMG, OMG I am freaking out!

I phoned the 800 # on our trip interruption/cancellation/medical insurance AIR MILES sold me to ask what happens IF this winter/ice storm hits Toronto and we do not get to FLL on time and miss the cruise. The lady looking at my policy said A) We don't have coverage under trip interruption/cancellation because the flight was not purchased with AM at the time. We would not even get the 28,000+ AMs back, which I was specifically told by the AM person. AND - MOST IMPORTANTLY B) the travel date on the policy is April 15-22, 2016. TWO FRICKING YEARS AGO!!!

The cruise leaves in 4 days! Air Miles is closed of course. I wrote the AM through private message on Facebook and am waiting for a phone call.

Sept 2015 I booked the cruise for April 2017. We couldn't even purchase flights at that time. I should not have been sold this insurance apparently.
November 2016 I asked them to transfer the book to April 15-22, 2018 and paid-in-full. I was assured the insurance policy was still good and would be updated.
2017 I phoned a few times for various reasons (including the wrong travel date on cruise docs) and was assured it would be updated correctly as the cruise got closer. It was.

Now I find out no trip interruption/cancellation coverage AND we almost left without medical coverage during the cruise! Phone's ringing.

Not Air Miles... argh...!

Luckily my husband found out yesterday that he/we should be covered through work. A co-worker told him. I phoned and he phoned and yes, through his company we are covered for out-of-province at any time up to 60 days. It was confirmed this morning. So we would have had coverage, but we did not know and almost left thinking we had coverage with Air Miles (when it turns out we don't!) and not realizing we have coverage through his company.

I don't need this extra stress... This "ice storm" may or may not hit Toronto this weekend. So no idea if our flight will be a go or get cancelled. I can't convince anyone else to just pack up and drive there so far. If the flight get cancels at the airport, it's too late to drive. We need to know in advance, which won't happen until the weather people can confirm this ice storm will hit or not...

I need junk food... I'm down 20.5 lbs in 13 weeks but I just don't give a damn right now. (wry grin) And I want my $466.56 back!

Last edited:

Luckily my husband found out yesterday that he/we should be covered through work. A co-worker told him. I phoned and he phoned and yes, through his company we are covered for out-of-province at any time up to 60 days. It was confirmed this morning. So we would have had coverage, but we did not know and almost left thinking we had coverage with Air Miles (when it turns out we don't!) and not realizing we have coverage through his company.

I don't need this extra stress... This "ice storm" may or may not hit Toronto this weekend. So no idea if our flight will be a go or get cancelled. I can't convince anyone else to just pack up and drive there so far. If the flight get cancels at the airport, it's too late to drive. We need to know in advance, which won't happen until the weather people can confirm this ice storm will hit or not...

I need junk food... I'm down 20.5 lbs in 13 weeks but I just don't give a damn right now. (wry grin) And I want my $466.56 back!
WELL .. this just sucks! First question, when did you think AM was closed? They are supposed to be open to reach by phone until 7 pm local time and i *think* you're in Ontario (mention flying out of TO anyway) which meant that they were still open when you first posted (please don't think I'm attacking you .. just trying to see if they've fallen down on the job AGAIN)

2nd question, which airline are you flying with? We flew WestJet last January and there was a freezing rain alert .. once it moved from an alert (like it looks right now on the Weather Network) to a watch the message popped up on their website letting you know that could rebook. As soon as that happened I called and re-booked our flight. Keep an eye on the advisory section of the website. I have no idea how Air Canada handles something like this.

Now, the junk food part of the story, my suggestion? Go for it -- something small that will satisfy that craving to be bad without sabotaging all your AMAZING work ... so, small but oh so decadent chocolate, one perfect scoop of ice cream, if it's salty carbs you want, head to a store and buy a small bag of your favourite treat ... ignore the $$ .. once you've chosen your treat, sit somewhere and eat it with dignity! No hiding, make it deliberate and enjoy it fully. Then pick yourself up and move forward, you've got this!!

And the cost for the insurance you were sold in error? OH, yeah, tackle that bad boy and get a satisfactory response, i trust you have a paper trail to use.

I just checked my account and noticed that the total was up 100 AM. Metro posted the 50 AM bonus to my account on April 2 and April 3. It just posted today and they obviously have made a mistake to credit me twice. Anyone else get it twice?

I just checked my account and noticed that the total was up 100 AM. Metro posted the 50 AM bonus to my account on April 2 and April 3. It just posted today and they obviously have made a mistake to credit me twice. Anyone else get it twice?

Only received once on 3 accounts. April 2 date.

Speculation is that since it was a coupon AND in the flyer we might get the 50 AM twice. Our Metro is terrible at posting so i can't tell you if that's what happened or not yet.

Just wanted to ask that you think of how much I'll be suffering in the heat and humidity as I have to leave Ottawa for week and go to a conference down at the Disney Yacht Club Resort and miss all the snow. Now I'm also going to miss out on Sobeys 1 Day Only sale and get no Air Miles this week :(

Plus I decided to take along my wife and 5 year old so my poor son has to miss a day of school the poor little bugger

Just wanted to ask that you think of how much I'll be suffering in the heat and humidity as I have to leave Ottawa for week and go to a conference down at the Disney Yacht Club Resort and miss all the snow. Now I'm also going to miss out on Sobeys 1 Day Only sale and get no Air Miles this week :(

Plus I decided to take along my wife and 5 year old so my poor son has to miss a day of school the poor little bugger

Sounds like you three need a nanny! Take me with you!!!! Have a great trip. You are lucky to be getting away from all this.

I am not sure but it seems like the ice portion will be Sat afternoon into Sunday. I dont know what time your flight is but hopefully it is earlier than later on Saturday.

In all honesty, Pearson is an insane madhouse due to sheer volume but they are excellent with dealing with de-icing and getting as many planes out as safely possible.

Fingers crossed for you getting away with no issue.

I know you all will appreciate my 'pain'! The air miles from the April 6 Blue Friday posted last night, so I ordered 10 travel certificates this morning. My nice total of air miles has been depleted to less than 300 :confused3. I'm hoping to save enough air miles for another 10 certificates, here's hoping!

Rexall flyer is up and now all the links in the first post are up-to-date.
Ontario Flyer
Western Flyer

• Friday & Saturday ONLY spend $50 get 100 AM
  • Bunch of new P & G coupons are active and some of the products also have bonus miles that sit close to the 1:1 mark -- good if you can buy them during the threshold spend
Link to get the P & G coupons
P & G Coupons

**edited to add -- if you have the threshold spend LnG offer you would be better off shopping today to take advantage of that so your $50 spend will give you 160 AM. You can still use the P & G coupons, just not pick up those extra few miles which will NOT equal the extra 80!

**edited to add AGAIN -- if you follow the link in the flyer that goes directly to P & G you won't find as many offers as the above link to the Rexal site (also allows you to ignore setting up an account and gazillion waaay to personal questions!)

Last edited:
Sobers west has a tiny blue Friday tomorrow, I'm debating to take advantage of some items. According to the flyer, I can earn up to 800 AM.

Maple leaf chicken nuggets, etc 50 AM for 2, $9.99 each
Robin Hood 5 kg flour 50 AM for 2 $6.99 each
Pepsi or Gatorade 6 pack 50 AM for 4, $3.99 each
Delissio pizza 75 AM for 3, $4.49 each
Old Dutch chips 50 AM for 4, 2/$6

Do we get double dipped on the Mega Miles Metro “use 95 cash miles get 50 AM” offer? I did it three times. 50 AM was shown on my receipt once for using MM coupon. The 50 AM from the other two times without the MM coupon was not shown on the receipts. Today I have two postings of 50 AM from the Metro head office, not three times. Is this correct? I thought I would get 50 AM each for using cash miles and another 50 AM from MM.

I had to go on the Live Chat today to get my 20 miles from My Offers for a toilet paper purchase. That offer NEVER posts to my account. I'm sure my account is flagged. Anyways, I had gotten them to push the miles through on March 25 and I still don't have them. That program is starting to bug me. Every week I have to call and get offers posted that didn't go through. Thank goodness "Sarah" is adding them for me now.

*rant over*

Do we get double dipped on the Mega Miles Metro “use 95 cash miles get 50 AM” offer? I did it three times. 50 AM was shown on my receipt once for using MM coupon. The 50 AM from the other two times without the MM coupon was not shown on the receipts. Today I have two postings of 50 AM from the Metro head office, not three times. Is this correct? I thought I would get 50 AM each for using cash miles and another 50 AM from MM.
This is a true wait & see -- last time we didn't even see the miles from the coupon appear on the receipt, HOWEVER my records don't include the flyer from that week so i don't know if it was like this promo that had the *potential* for double-dipping or not. One would think that we *should* because the miles triggered from the coupon showed on the receipt (and in my case posted today, our Metro is TERRIBLE!) but the ones that would have come from the flyer didn't show up that day. I can't comment yet because our Metro seems to submit their miles in a monthly batch.

WELL .. this just sucks! First question, when did you think AM was closed? They are supposed to be open to reach by phone until 7 pm local time and i *think* you're in Ontario (mention flying out of TO anyway) which meant that they were still open when you first posted (please don't think I'm attacking you .. just trying to see if they've fallen down on the job AGAIN)

2nd question, which airline are you flying with? We flew WestJet last January and there was a freezing rain alert .. once it moved from an alert (like it looks right now on the Weather Network) to a watch the message popped up on their website letting you know that could rebook. As soon as that happened I called and re-booked our flight. Keep an eye on the advisory section of the website. I have no idea how Air Canada handles something like this.

Now, the junk food part of the story, my suggestion? Go for it -- something small that will satisfy that craving to be bad without sabotaging all your AMAZING work ... so, small but oh so decadent chocolate, one perfect scoop of ice cream, if it's salty carbs you want, head to a store and buy a small bag of your favourite treat ... ignore the $$ .. once you've chosen your treat, sit somewhere and eat it with dignity! No hiding, make it deliberate and enjoy it fully. Then pick yourself up and move forward, you've got this!!

And the cost for the insurance you were sold in error? OH, yeah, tackle that bad boy and get a satisfactory response, i trust you have a paper trail to use.

Thank you for all that information! I just wanted to let you know I did read this last night. I thought AM closed at 6 pm. When I reached out on Facebook, they didn't tell me any differently. Someone phoned this morning and I forwarded the documents/emails I have proving I should have insurance with the correct dates on it. Just now she phoned back and wants me to REPURCHASE the insurance and they will refund my previous fee. You know what? I'm so busy trying to pack for 4 people; figure out if we should pay the extra flight cost and leave early or drive (ohh, flight is at 5 pm on Saturday) and things. I don't have time or feel I should have go through that again. Air Miles should fix it.

WestJet is the airline (Sat at 5pm). The Weather Network online says ice rain Sat & Sunday now and if you go into the hourly forecast, they believe it will start around 1 pm Saturday..

I feel like our friend is waffling as to whether to try our best to make the ship or just say oh well... That's a huge amount of money to lose! I'm ready to hop in the car and drive tomorrow starting tomorrow morning, but he's not.. my Dad doesn't really wnat to but will and my husband... ugh. He came home with an ear infection and woke up with a mild headache. He can't seem to decide anything either. I ended up kicking him out of the house to the clinic to see if he even CAN fly with an ear infection?! (He was put on antibotics last night).

Oh, I never did end up eating anything 'cept a sandwich at 7:30 pm. Too busy to eat. Good news? I went down another 1.3 lbs from last night. I've only had 3 sassauges and water since I woke up. Too busy to eat. Man, I'm going to gain 5-10 lbs once I get onboard, if we make it. :)

Make sure your work insurance also covers air ambulance / evacuation in case you (god forbid!) had to be air lifted off the ship at sea...

Yes, thankfully it does! Thanks!

I am not sure but it seems like the ice portion will be Sat afternoon into Sunday. I dont know what time your flight is but hopefully it is earlier than later on Saturday.

In all honesty, Pearson is an insane madhouse due to sheer volume but they are excellent with dealing with de-icing and getting as many planes out as safely possible.

Fingers crossed for you getting away with no issue.

Really? That's good to hear. I'm totally freaked out about it! I think the others want to wait and take their chances with the Saturday 5 pm flight...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter