Airmiles Armchair Chatter

This ice cream deal is not going so well for my tummy,,lol....lol.

So today I picked up some *Lifesaver popsicles* for those hot May/June school days,,netted a few airmiles.

I may have to go back to get some drumsticks before this sale is over.

Hugs Mel

Since they switched to PC points, my offers are really bad. Yesterday I spent 140$ and got 450 points for blackberries. Tgat and the fact that I HATE shopping at Maxi (equivalent to the Superstore or No Frills?!?), makes me say that I will never be regular user of that program. Pharmaprix (Shopper’s) is also more expensive than Jean Coutu which offers Aurmiles. For many years I shopped exclusively at Pharmaprix to collect Optimum points but I switched to Jean Coutu when I became a big AM collector.

Hit Sobeys today...bought lots of frozen goodies! My freezer is so full, the kids are just going to HAVE to eat some drumsticks tonight. And tomorrow. And the day after that! ;)

My store didn't have any flyers, which was weird - they recently changed from 24 hrs to only open to midnight, they are now putting an entrance with an arm (why?), all sorts of little things changing. But no flyers was a weird one. So I couldn't tell if they were in the flyer or not.

But I am missing some miles - I thought Isaw a sign in the store that said if you bought Pepperettes, Chicken Nuggets Dino, and Mapleleaf bacon, you would get 50 airmiles. With all the ice cream in my car, Ididn't bother going back in. Do I have to go back to the store to get this resolved? Do I have to wait until the Sobeys points post? Or what? I am also missing one of the 7 AM for buying spinach offers...

Edited to add: 12 boxes of frozen stuff...total bill 275$, air miles 529 including 20 for pharmacy meds. I almost feel like it was a blue Monday!

I had the chance to buy into that PC loyalty program a while back. I refused. I am not interested in paying for what is offered.
I find I do very well with the PC points at No Frills-always fresh fruits and vegetables, and yogourt, juice, pop etc that I buy most weeks. Cat food/litter, too. I've never had good things from Shoppers so that piece doesn't matter to me at all.

Hit Sobeys today...bought lots of frozen goodies! My freezer is so full, the kids are just going to HAVE to eat some drumsticks tonight. And tomorrow. And the day after that! ;)

My store didn't have any flyers, which was weird - they recently changed from 24 hrs to only open to midnight, they are now putting an entrance with an arm (why?), all sorts of little things changing. But no flyers was a weird one. So I couldn't tell if they were in the flyer or not.

But I am missing some miles - I thought Isaw a sign in the store that said if you bought Pepperettes, Chicken Nuggets Dino, and Mapleleaf bacon, you would get 50 airmiles. With all the ice cream in my car, Ididn't bother going back in. Do I have to go back to the store to get this resolved? Do I have to wait until the Sobeys points post? Or what? I am also missing one of the 7 AM for buying spinach offers...

Edited to add: 12 boxes of frozen stuff...total bill 275$, air miles 529 including 20 for pharmacy meds. I almost feel like it was a blue Monday!
The special that involved the meat products looked like this, you needed to buy at least 5 of these items. Without the flyer there was NO way to tell how many you needed to buy, just saw the blue "earn miles" signs.
upload_2018-4-9_17-13-49.png
If you don't see the miles on your receipt, and you bought enough of those products, you'll need to go back to the store. For the loaded spinach offer you'll need to call the number for My Offers
upload_2018-4-9_17-15-53.png

Slight veer from the AM hunt to some speculation on the PC Optimum programme

I don't think I would pay into their loyalty program. I do just fine collecting Pc Points...even with the switch over, I just turned over another 100.00 in gift cards. That was only about a month and a half of collecting.
For those of you having trouble getting decent offers, use your card...make sure you have the app on your phone and hit the little check mark in the corner to make sure that the offer is loaded. If it's not loaded, you won't get the points unless you submit for missing points. My offers were lacking...but I have now gotten good offers the last few weeks.

I wish I could get some ice cream! We leave Friday for our trip and we are broke lol. I have money for the trip and nothing more. Hopefully there will be another ice cream deal before summer, or during summer? We do still have a box or two from last year that kiddo forgot about :) next time I'm buying more for me and less for him.

Have a great trip! You'll be nice and warm and we'll still be freezing here in Canada. I looked at the Orlando weather the other day and it was high 20's to low 30's. I know you'll be out on the ocean but it should be lovely none the less.

Enjoy yourself and safe travels.:wave2:

I don't think I would pay into their loyalty program. I do just fine collecting Pc Points...even with the switch over, I just turned over another 100.00 in gift cards. That was only about a month and a half of collecting.
For those of you having trouble getting decent offers, use your card...make sure you have the app on your phone and hit the little check mark in the corner to make sure that the offer is loaded. If it's not loaded, you won't get the points unless you submit for missing points. My offers were lacking...but I have now gotten good offers the last few weeks.

I always load my offer but this week, out of my 5 offers, the only interesting one was get 150 points when you buy blackberries. The other ones are for junk or PC brand I never bought and don't plan on buying.

Have a great trip hdrolfe! Where are you going? We are leaving in less than 2 weeks for our first trip to California and DLR!!!

I wish I could get some ice cream! We leave Friday for our trip and we are broke lol. I have money for the trip and nothing more. Hopefully there will be another ice cream deal before summer, or during summer? We do still have a box or two from last year that kiddo forgot about :) next time I'm buying more for me and less for him.

Have a great trip! You'll be nice and warm and we'll still be freezing here in Canada. I looked at the Orlando weather the other day and it was high 20's to low 30's. I know you'll be out on the ocean but it should be lovely none the less.

Enjoy yourself and safe travels.:wave2:

Ocean? Are you going on the April 15th RCL Allure cruise by chance Hdrolfe? My family is. We're leaving Saturday.

I know there are a few Metro shoppers on this thread -- not sure if anyone else is actually as Metro loyal as WE are :P -- I regularly get "Flash Sale emails" that have daily sales and today's sounds pretty decent to me. Not a product we use but a really good discount!

upload_2018-4-10_12-24-30.png

Also there is an offer at Staples for HP ink -- same as was offered at the beginning of the MM promo ... that coupon is still valid, and even if you've used it already to complete the promo, you can use it again to get the 10X the miles.
upload_2018-4-10_12-28-24.png

Speaking of Metro, has anyone received their 50 bonus AM from downloading the Metro app and linking it to their AM card? I haven't. Not sure how long it's supposed to take to get the AM's, but this is now going back to March 19.

Speaking of Metro, has anyone received their 50 bonus AM from downloading the Metro app and linking it to their AM card? I haven't. Not sure how long it's supposed to take to get the AM's, but this is now going back to March 19.
I wouldn't panic yet, those miles will come from Metro head office and they can take a very.long.time to get them posted. When they have threshold spends in the flyer that come from head office it can take over a month. I ended up getting them thru the online chat as a bonus when i pointed out that those of us who already have the app and use it were getting shafted so hopefully someone who did it during that time period will be able to chime in!

I called up Marlin Travel today, and unfortunately you cannot use a placeholder cruise booked onboard with the 10% savings, AND use the Dream 100$ travel certificates. To use the certificates, they have to initially book the cruise through either Air Canada Vacations, or Encore (which is only available to TA's). A cruise booked through Disney itself, albeit only a placeholder, they wouldn't allow.

So Ican get the 10% and 200$ OBC, or potentially save more by booking the cruise and then applying as many airmiles as I can to travel certificates at time of final payment.

Right now I'm conflicted...either I actually save money by not "shopping for airmiles" and live with the 10%, or I shop for airmiles the rest of the year and apply it to a new cruise booking through Airmiles travel agency of choice.

With the price of airlines tickets to Orlando, I am also torn between racking up points on my Westjet RBC card, or on my airmiles MC and using airmiles to pay for the flight (the other day, I priced it out cheaper to go through airmiles and weird times with flights, than going through WEstjet, even with 2 travel vouchers...)

Hmmm....paying for PC Optimum.....NO WAY! I guess they do not consider me loyal as I never got that email. LOL....I'm probably black listed after blasting the online chat lady.
I regularly get 10-14 offers a week. At least half are always on things that I buy, which is great but they usually come the week after I stocked up on that item. The other offers are on the same things week after week or else on things that I have never in my life bought.

Rexall email offer
spend 50.00 get 80 bonus airmiles
Two days only

Hugs Mel

EmailApr9-AM80.jpg

http://images.rexall.ca/newsletter/2018/Apr9/EmailApr9-AM80.jpg

Sorry gang I can't figure out how to post it,,,Jacqueline I need your help,,
I forwarded you the email.Thanks Hon
Hugs Mel

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter