Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere, but I just spent some $ at Origins taking advantage of the 5x the AirMiles. Anyone know when this would likely post to my airmiles account?

(Trying to get enough miles to purchase Dland tix for my upcoming trip during the block out dates on my MagicKey. Yes, you read that right. Lol)

meltravel77.jpg

O/T Just sharing
I finally booked a trip today ..not till Jan/Feb 2023 but it feels good to have something to look forward to.
Airmiles covered hotel ,,and refundable up to a week before. Universal Orlando Cabana Bay Family suite.
West Jet Dollars covered flight /pre seat selection and baggage fees ... option to cancel .
$300.00 in Airmiles Starbucks for treats, coffee/teas etc. (I've been stockpiling them).
HP scarf 1/2 done (decided on Ravenclaw) ,, will be working on a Dr. Seuss cat in the hat one next Fall.
090819_hats.png

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
I was so upset today as I did a shop at Sobeys and earned 4 whole Air Miles and when I got home and checked my offers I had 2 for spend $75 get 95 miles that weren't there last week. I was thinking I was out of luck but I loaded them to my account, called the GetMyOffers hotline and she added them to my account. Yippee
My other card had a spend anything get 50 Air Miles and it too didn't post so I got that one added as well. I know for this one the store was having Air Miles issues as it wouldn't let me redeem any miles for my card so maybe that was why it didn't work. To note it said - 43 days left for the expiry so if anybody else had this problem and the special deal is still in your available just give them a call.

View attachment 654221

O/T Just sharing
I finally booked a trip today ..not till Jan/Feb 2023 but it feels good to have something to look forward to.
Airmiles covered hotel ,,and refundable up to a week before. Universal Orlando Cabana Bay Family suite.
West Jet Dollars covered flight /pre seat selection and baggage fees ... option to cancel .
$300.00 in Airmiles Starbucks for treats, coffee/teas etc. (I've been stockpiling them).
HP scarf 1/2 done (decided on Ravenclaw) ,, will be working on a Dr. Seuss cat in the hat one next Fall.
View attachment 654225

Hugs
Mel
We love Cabana Bay Family suites. The resort is so nice. Have you stayed before?

We love Cabana Bay Family suites. The resort is so nice. Have you stayed before?
Good Morning Tinkerone
No I have never stayed there before but am looking forward to it.
I have read many online info blogs and watched a few videos. Have you stayed there?
Please tell me about it if you have.

Hugs
Mel

Good Morning Tinkerone
I have read many online info blogs and watched a few videos. Have you stayed there?

Hugs
Mel

We've stayed in a family suite twice. If you like to walk, it is easily walkable to the parks but you can also take the shuttle bus or go across the street and take the boat from Sapphire Falls.

The food court is pretty good and not too busy. The only bad thing I've been hearing lately is the check-in takes forever.

Hi Damo
I am ok for a walk to the Parks but usually a ride home is appreciated.
I like that Sapphire is so close as I want to check it out for a future holiday.
I will miss my usual resort which is RPR but it was time to try something new this time.
Hopefully check in improves this year.
Hugs
Mel

Good Morning Tinkerone

Hugs
Mel
Have stayed multiple times. Buses are very quick and constantly coming and going. Damo is correct about walking across the street to Sapphire Falls and taking the boat from there. The advantage of that is you go through security right then and there so no need to do a line up for security when you get off the bus at the parks. There is seldom a line at the resort so it's very quick and easy.
The resort itself is so nostalgic. Very 50's. There is a small lazy river at the hotel. If you are going into their waterpark the resort has an entrance to it. The quick service venue offers wonderful items and they have the freestyle coke machines both in the dinning area and by the pool area. You should very much enjoy it. I will say, I'm jealous ;)

OMG. On hold with Disney to try to get my expired 2020 Airmiles Canadian resident tickets converted to valid tickets for this summer....only a 3 hour wait time....
Report back when you do get them converted. I for one have tickets I will need to do this with. There are many others here who will also be interested in how seamless/frustrating it is.

Forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere, but I just spent some $ at Origins taking advantage of the 5x the AirMiles. Anyone know when this would likely post to my airmiles account?

(Trying to get enough miles to purchase Dland tix for my upcoming trip during the block out dates on my MagicKey. Yes, you read that right. Lol)
Air Miles Shops all vary when they post (or if they post at all). I usually see AM when the item ships, or 2-3 weeks later. Be sure to screen shot the promo and all the fine print in case they don’t post - you can follow up on the base miles at 60 days and the 5x miles at 120 days.

Air Miles Shops all vary when they post (or if they post at all). I usually see AM when the item ships, or 2-3 weeks later. Be sure to screen shot the promo and all the fine print in case they don’t post - you can follow up on the base miles at 60 days and the 5x miles at 120 days.

Thank you! I’ll move to plan B and redeem some PC pts for gift cards (adding them to my order but making sure I have enough groceries to cover, which with 3 boys is not hard. lol)

Just checking in on Foodland Airmilles posting
My Shop ........ March 6th. waiting on 150 Airmiles here.
Usually I get the Airmiles the following week but nothing so far.
I haven't really shopped at Foodland like I did in the past so I am unsure if this has changed?

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Have stayed multiple times. Buses are very quick and constantly coming and going. Damo is correct about walking across the street to Sapphire Falls and taking the boat from there. The advantage of that is you go through security right then and there so no need to do a line up for security when you get off the bus at the parks. There is seldom a line at the resort so it's very quick and easy.
The resort itself is so nostalgic. Very 50's. There is a small lazy river at the hotel. If you are going into their waterpark the resort has an entrance to it. The quick service venue offers wonderful items and they have the freestyle coke machines both in the dinning area and by the pool area. You should very much enjoy it. I will say, I'm jealous ;)
Thanks for sharing Hon.
I appreciate it.
I know many here are Disney Trip oriented but I just can't get my head around a trip where I am always on my phone on holidays (online food orders ,,Genie+ and LL) .
I love Universal and think it will be my focus going forward. I do hope I can do check in online via my phone for Cabana Bay.

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Just checking in on Foodland Airmilles posting
My Shop ........ March 6th. waiting on 150 Airmiles here.
Usually I get the Airmiles the following week but nothing so far.
I haven't really shopped at Foodland like I did in the past so I am unsure if this has changed?

Hugs
Mel

Wednesday evening or Thursday you should have them. I believe it's the same cycle/week as Sobeys. You wouldn't have made the cutoff date for them to post last week.

Wednesday evening or Thursday you should have them. I believe it's the same cycle/week as Sobeys. You wouldn't have made the cutoff date for them to post last week.
Thanks Heather.......
ah any planning going on there for next year? :)
Hugs Hon
Mel

My guys and I went one Christmas and it was a Christmas they still talk about.
We stayed at OKW and were fortunate to have Christmas Mickey & Goofy come to visit the resort one early morning down by the docks.
We each bought small gifts in Disney Springs and exchanged them on Christmas morning followed by Christmas breakfast at Olivias restaurant. We then hit Downtown Disney for a movie and some Christmas day shopping. We wore our Santa Mickey hats.
We (I) am an early riser so the Parks were manageable by going early and booking a nice Park lunch and then a small shop and then departing. The weather was a bit coolish but being Canadian my guys made good use of the heated Pool, hot tub & Sauna.
Those cruises sound wonderful!!! Have fun planning Hon.

Hugs
Mel

O/T Just sharing
That is wonderful.

I know as excited as we were to go on our trip (with declining newest variant in Florida at the time) we were still on edge a bit -especially with needing a negative test to get onto the plane and driving isn't an option for us.

All I can say is we are soooooooooooooooooo glad that we forged ahead, pulled the trigger and went. We didn't realize how much we needed that vacation. Dh loved, loved, LOVED Universal (as it was his first visit there) and phoned our ds's that same night to tell them we were going to plan a return trip for them to go too :hyper: . We really didn't realize how much our mental health was needing the break from all the craziness and ugliness of the world right now , until we got there and were in our holiday bubble.

All I can say is, I hope you forge ahead and go. Do the parks in a way that is comfortable for you and just do it!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter