Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I’m not usually a tim’s drinker, and even air miles aren’t enough for me to stomach the coffee. but...they do make tea and those taste fine.

now to figure out the app and rewards program...
I don't drink coffee unless it has Bailey's in it. And honestly, coffee from a restraunt is usually too strong for me. Aaaaaaannnnnnnddddd I'm thinking that work would not want me to have Bailey's at work :lmao: But I am a tea drinker. I love the steeped tea and and earl grey as well. Their flavored teas are good.

I don’t drink hot beverages and DH doesn’t like TH coffee as he prefers Starbucks and even McDonald’s coffee. No roll-up the rim for us then!

@hdrolfe, the last time you flew on Air Canada with an air miles ticket, were you able to check in 24 hours before your flight with no issues?

I am trying to remember, I think I used Airmiles on the way home and we were at WDW, I don't recall any issues checking in, I added one checked bag and was able to pay for it, used the app on my phone to do it all. We had already selected seats (I paid for those in advance due to a fussy flyer kid).

Went to order my DD airpods for her birthday through staples and it was there yesterday through airmiles shops today only option is staples printing and marketing ?? Maybe it’s just a glitch but I think staples may be gone .
I hope it is just a glitch as that will make it harder to get 7 shops done for the promos.
TammyLynn
My recent Airmiles Chat
"Melanie it seems Staples store is no longer on Airmileshops.ca but if you do online shopping on Staples.ca you can still earn Miles. "
Hugs
Mel
ooh rem how we all had problems including myself with airmiles shop realizing we shopped at staples through the AMshops portal. The rep last time begrudgingly gave me the am over a phonecall but said it would be investigated.. wonder if It will be back when they fix their glitch

Staples is BACK! I knew it was just a glitch but kept my mouth shut until i could confirm it. There's no way that a sponsor store would NOT be on the portal. Currently waiting for a Facebook chat to connect (gave up on the AM online chat session, never connected!) because I just had 44 miles clawed back from my Staples computer order. I placed a duplicate order because they had a limit of 2 computers per order but had no problem with me placing TWO orders, fine, I'll jump thru your hoops. I think AM figures it is a double posting i don't deserve... WRONG!

@hdrolfe, the last time you flew on Air Canada with an air miles ticket, were you able to check in 24 hours before your flight with no issues?

FYI- On the weekend I went in the Air Canada site to check the plane layout for seats for our spring break trip to Disneyland and I got a message that the confirmation number had changed from what I had from AM. So have to use the new one when we check in next week.

Anyone offhand know the approx cost to add hopper option to two adult tickets 7 day ? Big kids are worried about the mess at Hollywood Studios this summer

Anyone offhand know the approx cost to add hopper option to two adult tickets 7 day ? Big kids are worried about the mess at Hollywood Studios this summer
You need to give a bit more information to get a proper answer:

1. Are they the CDN discounted tickets?
  2. What day are they valid for?
  3. Where did you get them from?

If your answer to #1 is Yes i don't think you'll like the answer!
Here's the answer based on what i *think* the tickets cost using a date of August 18 (random number i first chose :P )
You need to take the value of the ticket you have in hand and subtract it from the ticket you want to buy.

This means you will lose the discount you received right up front because you need to look at the price of the ticket you want-
7 day hopper at that time is $568.55 pre-tax
7 day base ticket is $483.55 BUT the CDN ticket was only $386.84 (it was 20% off)
SO to upgrade you'll need to shell out almost $200 PER ticket.

FYI- On the weekend I went in the Air Canada site to check the plane layout for seats for our spring break trip to Disneyland and I got a message that the confirmation number had changed from what I had from AM. So have to use the new one when we check in next week.

I am using the AC booking number, not the AM booking number.
Maybe with their system switchover there are more issues if booking anywhere but on AC Website.

I am trying to remember, I think I used Airmiles on the way home and we were at WDW, I don't recall any issues checking in, I added one checked bag and was able to pay for it, used the app on my phone to do it all. We had already selected seats (I paid for those in advance due to a fussy flyer kid).

My flight in question is our return as well.

I guess I am going to have to call them..,

When I flew last October (airmiles tickets) I was able to check in at 24hrs with no issues. Hope that helps. I looked up our upcoming flights for April (because I'm paranoid) and everything was as should be. I used the AC booking reference AM issued on my receipt. I booked these flights in December 2019

but now I'm going to go and check it again...

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter