Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Off topic of air miles...iPad with keyboard or Laptop for personal use?

I have an iPhone, but currently use a laptop. Would an iPad with keyboard be a big difference for me?
I have a laptop for personal use at home. We use a Microsoft surface with a detachable keyboard for travel (it's lighter and smaller) as it only contains travel files etc.

I do have a work laptop that I can bring home if I need to do any major work. The iPad at home would just be for surfing the web, checking email, etc. Nothing major. And it being more portable is a plus too. I still haven't figured out how to sync my iphone to itunes! I end up erasing everything I have on my phone every time! I get nervous about trip pics, so I end up just emailing a bunch to my gmail each night when on vacation LOL

Don't know if this has been reported before but did you know that Rona offers seniors discounts ?
RONA: Customers who are 50 years or older can get 15% off at RONA when they present their valid ID. For online purchases, use promo code 5015. Available on the first Tuesday of every month.

Don't know if this has been reported before but did you know that Rona offers seniors discounts ?
RONA: Customers who are 50 years or older can get 15% off at RONA when they present their valid ID. For online purchases, use promo code 5015. Available on the first Tuesday of every month.
I just checked the source website and when re-directed to the RONA website, it shows that the offer is no longer there. Is this offer still valid in store?

I just checked the source website and when re-directed to the RONA website, it shows that the offer is no longer there. Is this offer still valid in store?
I don't know. It showed up on a website that I was directed to by CARP about discount savings for seniors. For some of the other seniors discounts it does say to check with your store and see if is offered there.
It is funny that the Shoppers Drug Mart one show seniors discount for those seniors 65+ but stores have told me it is 55+ so who knows anymore.

I know I'm late to the party...but I did get in a small shop at Safeway Friday. I picked up a few things that we would use. Spent 78.47 and received 278 AM. And we came home from a quick little weekend get away, and the boys had eaten all the chips while we were gone. So that was a score for me. Because if they are in the house, I will eat them. On the other hand...they didn't even attempt to cook my frozen riced cauliflower I bought for me to substitute in some of my meals :rotfl: I'm willing to share those too...but for some reason they won't eat that lol.

I know I'm late to the party...but I did get in a small shop at Safeway Friday. I picked up a few things that we would use. Spent 78.47 and received 278 AM. And we came home from a quick little weekend get away, and the boys had eaten all the chips while we were gone. So that was a score for me. Because if they are in the house, I will eat them. On the other hand...they didn't even attempt to cook my frozen riced cauliflower I bought for me to substitute in some of my meals :rotfl: I'm willing to share those too...but for some reason they won't eat that lol.

my favourite use for riced cauliflower is fried rice. make it just like any fried rice, but add a couple extra minutes to get the ice/water out of the cauliflower for a bit of texture.

my toddler inhales the stuff, but then again he’s always had some unique food preferences for a kid.

TammyLynn
My recent Airmiles Chat
"Melanie it seems Staples store is no longer on Airmileshops.ca but if you do online shopping on Staples.ca you can still earn Miles. "

Hugs
Mel

ooh rem how we all had problems including myself with airmiles shop realizing we shopped at staples through the AMshops portal. The rep last time begrudgingly gave me the am over a phonecall but said it would be investigated.. wonder if It will be back when they fix their glitch

I will have to give that riced cauliflower a try. The fried rice idea sounds palatable.

to each their own ha ha ha . I tried I really sis

So Timmies Roll Up the Rim starts next week and there are 100 prizes of 40,000 AM

I have Timmies at work but they don't let you use the card or app, so it will only be the cup which I understand they are only doing the first two weeks. I'll have to go everyday while I'm on March break :) oh the trip I could book with that many miles... probably wouldn't go as far as I'd hope lol.

Where does it say anything about air miles? I just read an article online and it doesn't mention them.

Found it:

Millions of Exciting Prizes to be Won
  • Over 17 million coffee and food prizes, including NEW Dream Donuts
  • 45,000 $25 TimCards
  • 200 Samsung 55” NU6900 Smart 4K UHD TVs
  • 150$1,000 CIBC Prepaid Cards
  • 100 40,000 AIR MILES® Reward Miles – enough for a trip for two
  • 10 2020 Hyundai IONIQ Electric or Hybrid Vehicles
  • NEW four draws of $100,000 – see details below

The new way they are doing it this year is a tad confusing....there are instore actual cups but just for the first 2 weeks, there are extra rolls when using the app, extra rolls for using a refillable cup....possibly a couple of other ways to play :confused3

Where does it say anything about air miles? I just read an article online and it doesn't mention them.

Found it:

• 45,000 $25 TimCards

I'd take any of those prizes... but will probably just win coffee and donuts lol.

Found it:

• 45,000 $25 TimCards
I am going to drink Tim everyday! I will make it an effort!!
:surfweb:

I’m not usually a tim’s drinker, and even air miles aren’t enough for me to stomach the coffee. but...they do make tea and those taste fine.

now to figure out the app and rewards program...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter