Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Have to agree with Donald, I would be really bummed about that email too. I would be requesting an accounting of what AM posted to your account they are taking back so that you can confirm they haven't taken too many. Pull up old flyers and pull out your receipts and do some reconciliation. I wouldn't assume they have made the correction correctly. But that's just me. That's a huge # of Airmiles to be taking back.

But 6,000+ extra in just 3 weeks? Yeah, I agree with Ottawamom above. Do you have a tracking system or something so you can see how many AM you should have earned in that time period? That sounds like way too many AM for them to be taking out. I find it hard to believe they gave you 6,000+ extra in such a short time.

Sobey's should totally suck it up and let people keep the extra miles. Their fault.

I agree with the others, do make sure you reconcile things (if you can)!

Sobeys (Ontario) has a couple good deals, there are cheese strings on sale for $2.99 each, buy 3 get 50 AM, and the tortilla deal is back, buy 3 (I think) get 30 AM, there are a couple things. Sorry, flyer is in the other room at the moment. Those are the two that stood out. I wish kiddo liked cheese strings. I suppose I could eat them.

Rexall has a 3 day bonus, with 3 tiers of points, lowest was $30/30AM, highest is $70/100AM. There was one in between. Sorry, I should have brought the flyers in here! Kiddo is sorting his toys into "give away" and "keep" piles, I want to make sure he actually gets rid of a few things!

My account was all messed up when I tried to login the other day... all day long it just would not load anything. Finally get in today and it seems to have caught up with the AM from the last grocery trip.

That is terrible that they are retracting those AM from you! Please do let us know how you get on with them!

Oh the little things... usually we get the Sobeys flyer before it's posted online. I guess they didn't do their route tonight so I have to wait til tomorrow to see this coming week's deals on Reebee. :( AirMiles collecting problems!

I went through each line of the transactions for July, and what they're saying looks right. Definitely a bit bummed. We have all the passes we need for our Feb. trip, so it is what it is.

The icing on the cake today was looking at the app tonight, and seeing another 1250 air miles - mega miles bonus - was gone. I looked on my laptop, and shows the mega miles bonus, then shows it removed by Rona, but then its added back in. I didn't (and still don't) even shop at Rona, so I'm not sure wth is going on. I took screen shots of everything. I'm hoping the laptop total is right. I'll check the app in the morning.

Moral of the story, check your balances, and don't trust any of these corporate asshats. I get that they're not in the business to lose money, but they seriously need to get their sh*t together.

I just want to say thank you to everyone on this thread. When Air Miles had that 1,250 mega offer I decided to go for it and remembered this thread.

I started tracking my air miles beginning August. For August I earned 3,369 air miles with another 470 pending from August. 3,839 air miles just for August! I don't believe I have ever earned that many in 1 month before.

I don't remember who (I'm sorry!) but someone here said the Metro coupons (Metro APP) should work more than once. I'm happy to confirm YES, they did! I have the cashier ring every 1L of goat's milk as a seperate transaction and have received 6 air miles each transacation. There was one day when I had enough groceries to divided into two transactions for the spend $30 get 15 air miles, and those came through as well. Thank you for the heads up!! The goat's milk coupon is good for another 7 days still. The way my daughter drinks milk, I'll easily use it at least 6 more times.

Oh no.............. my account has gone wonky.. adding airmiles to dream instead of cash....will have to call them when I get home.
Hugs Mel

Has anyone gotten the 100 AM's from Rexall from the end of August, it was a redeem $30 in cash AM's and get 100 AM's?

I just logged into mine and the lone 4 dream miles I had in DH's account is missing. On the chat now. OMG what a bunch.

They told me that they gave the mega miles promo twice in July. I said no way, I check my account all the time. Sure enough, it was there twice with them removing it once. I said, well that wasn't there back then, that had to have been recently added and removed.

Paula: Sxxx, it looks like the Mega Miles 1250 bonus was posted twice into your account.
Paula: We reversed one of them...and as a curtesy we cleared the 4 dream miles and only 1246 cash miles. (not sure how this is a courtesy to me)

I asked why they are doing that since it should be just a plain ol' deletion, you know, 1250+1250-1250=1250?

I told them this whole thing is sketchy and that they should be sending some form of communication to their collectors BEFORE they start going into people's accounts and messing with their air miles.

Now I'm ticked...FFS.

*end rant* LOL

I just logged into mine and the lone 4 dream miles I had in DH's account is missing. On the chat now. OMG what a bunch.

They told me that they gave the mega miles promo twice in July. I said no way, I check my account all the time. Sure enough, it was there twice with them removing it once. I said, well that wasn't there back then, that had to have been recently added and removed.

Paula: Sxxx, it looks like the Mega Miles 1250 bonus was posted twice into your account.
Paula: We reversed one of them...and as a curtesy we cleared the 4 dream miles and only 1246 cash miles. (not sure how this is a courtesy to me)

I asked why they are doing that since it should be just a plain ol' deletion, you know, 1250+1250-1250=1250?

I told them this whole thing is sketchy and that they should be sending some form of communication to their collectors BEFORE they start going into people's accounts and messing with their air miles.

Now I'm ticked...FFS.

*end rant* LOL

My account is messed up as well, Sept 7 had 1160 cash miles, 367 dream miles, cash miles down to 299, dream miles up 1250, net gain 22 airmiles. Trying to figure out the mess before I call. Also ticked, was planning to use the cash miles at Metro today.

Now I'm ticked...FFS.

*end rant* LOL

It looks like the total on the app has been corrected this morning to reflect the same total as on my laptop. Take a look, hopefully it's fixed for you too.

I went through each line of the transactions for July, and what they're saying looks right. Definitely a bit bummed. We have all the passes we need for our Feb. trip, so it is what it is.

The icing on the cake today was looking at the app tonight, and seeing another 1250 air miles - mega miles bonus - was gone. I looked on my laptop, and shows the mega miles bonus, then shows it removed by Rona, but then its added back in. I didn't (and still don't) even shop at Rona, so I'm not sure wth is going on. I took screen shots of everything. I'm hoping the laptop total is right. I'll check the app in the morning.

Moral of the story, check your balances, and don't trust any of these corporate asshats. I get that they're not in the business to lose money, but they seriously need to get their sh*t together.

I just wanted to say thanks for bringing this whole AM issue to everyone's attention!

I just checked my transaction history and have exactly the same Rona issue as you have. Fortunately, it nets out, so doesn't affect my balance. I think they must have had a system issue where air miles were posted erroneously, and only now they are realizing it.

Lesson learned, I'm going to keep a closer eye on my balance from now on!

My account is messed up as well, Sept 7 had 1160 cash miles, 367 dream miles, cash miles down to 299, dream miles up 1250, net gain 22 airmiles. Trying to figure out the mess before I call. Also ticked, was planning to use the cash miles at Metro today.

I've gone through my account, the 22 airmiles were additional earnings so my airmiles numbers basically seem to correct but they were moved incorrectly. My prior cash/dream miles were correct. This is what is new on my account:

21 Jul 17 AIR MILES BONUS MEGA MILES BONUS +1,250
21 Jul 17
RONA_NoTag_S.jpg
MEGA MILES CORRECTION +1,250
21 Jul 17 AIR MILES BONUS MEGA MILES CORRECTION -1,250

I'll likely ask them to put the cash miles back but right now don't have the time to deal with this. Here continues my love/hate for airmiles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter