Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Can anyone tell me what airlines fly direct from Ottawa to Orlando? What airlines fly direct from Toronto to Orlando? I'm trying to think ahead for some bookings we will need next fall.

May through the end of October (I believe) only Air Canada flies direct to Orlando (on weekends). Over the winter months (Nov-Apr) both Air Canada and Westjet fly direct. I don't know if any of the charter airlines are direct or if they all go through Toronto and Montreal. There's also the Allegian which flies out of Ogdensburg and goes to Sanford.

I believe most airlines that fly out of Toronto have a direct flight at some time during the week to Orlando.

hdrolfe beat me to the post button.

I too show the 1250 added on at Rona on July 21 and then corrected - same date. And I don't even shop at Rona but my airmiles balance remains the same. Whew.

I just checked my account and I too had this happen...I don't think I have ever shopped at Rona....luckily for me, my balance remains the same...

I book through the hub all the time and have had no issue getting whatever the current bonus is. Tried to book a hotel today for next week and the 200 bonus miles show, but when I log into my account to actually book the 200 bonus miles do not show up(I have not booked this current promotion ) anyone having the same result?
I figured this out. I had booked our Universal hotel for March Break back in August, it does not qualify for the bonus points, but I guess their system does not recognize this and as it is a one time bonus I would not get the extra 200 bonus points. I cancelled that reservation (it was refundable) and booked the next weeks hotel(640 AM and it was less then booking direct) I then rebooked the Universal hotel and because of the improvement in the Canadian dollar it was $25 less for the night.

I really like booking hotels through the travel hub as it is in CAD and it is easy to cancel and rebook, I don't like it when you are charged in USD and the refunds come through at a different exchange rate.

Anyone who has booked future refundable hotel stays may want to price the hotels again ( make sure to verify that it is a refundable rate.)

Win Win.

What a PIA for all of those who have been caught by this stupid accounting problem on THEIR end, not ours.

I'll just put out here how i keep track of my miles ... a lesson learned a looong time ago when i had to chase down a significant amount. I go into my transactions and pull up the entire year and then hit the "print this page" button and toggle my printer destination to "save as PDF" & plunk it down on my desktop. Whenever there is a change in my account i pull up that document and cross off items that have posted properly. This gives me a hard-ish copy of my account that i can refer to when needed. I do this at the end of every month. I also keep every single receipt that enters this house (including those stupid dollar store ones!) so that i can stay on top of the budget -- the AM related ones stay on my desk until they post. Any AM related e-mail go into my AM folder edited with comments if they pertain to miles that will post later, separate folder to stick my on-line shopping e-mails, flagged for the last date they have to credit the miles. If there are ever any booklet/flyer/coupons i make sure to grab extras for proof. I have a bookmark folder where i save all the webpages with the FAQs & Terms & Conditions -- they remain active forever it seems! -- and i take screen shots of the offers that change regularly. AND a big help lately is the fact that i use a distinctive font when posting on the DISboards so i can easily search for any of my posts!

AS with anything you read on Social Media take this post and do with it as you will, YMMV. You may find it a tad (or more than even!) obsessive but it has saved me on more than one occasion. Those miles are hard to come by so i track them with care!

A bookmark folder .... that comment is going to save me some time, never thought to use it.
You can search for yourself in the top corner as well ... but I like your purple font.

I don't use a pdf print file but copy and paste somewhat regularly to an excel sheet, same type of idea. But the fact that they back date postings, the cash/dream splits aren't shown and there are no starting balances listed are all things that I find make this difficult. I'm now going to add a few more details to my records like starting balances.

I usually throw out the receipts after the points post, what I felt was going to save me today was that I had a few receipts that proved my cash miles came from shop the block in February and had nothing to do with megamiles along with another that showed how many cash miles I had a few days ago. However, if I had my cash locked, I don't believe they would have been listed on the receipt.

On a better note.....decided to go to Rexall after work used the weekly email coupon, load&go and the $5 coupon.....spent $27 and earned 111 miles. Worth the trip totally out of my way after a VERY long day at work. Just to top it all off I ended up using half a roll of the paper towel that I bought at Rexall to clean up dog vomit when I got home. How many can add that into their Rexall shopping story?

Can anyone tell me what airlines fly direct from Ottawa to Orlando? What airlines fly direct from Toronto to Orlando? I'm trying to think ahead for some bookings we will need next fall.

Westjet and Air Canada it seems. We have a Saturday direct flight around 5pm takeoff coming up in February!

We had a direct flight back home too but that one was changed on us a few months after booking! :( (Westjet)

I guess it is a good thing my Mega Miles didn't post properly ... didn't show up until i tracked them down and they were posted on August 17th as "Spring Promotion"

If you ever have the chance to ask for a specific customer service rep ... Samantha has been with AM for almost 12 years and is A-MAZ-ING! She has the knowledge needed to quickly sort out problems and will also do things others state are "against policy" My Mega Miles getting posted quickly was due to her help. I've had other reps tell me they can only post a maximum of 25 miles thru on-line chat, 1 who told me he had max clearance of 250 (which meant 3 postings to give me a chunk owed from Staples) but Samantha?? She was magically able to post ALL of the miles i missed at once - bonus from Staples, the one coupon for shopping on-line AND the total.
upload_2017-9-15_0-31-39.png

They really need to have a session on customer service for their reps so they know it isn't acceptable to patronize people. Also would be nice if they would hire some reps who have close to the same level of comprehension of the programme that we do -- HATE when they provide cookie-cutter answers that i can find online myself! Hubby's response to this whole fascicle? "That is some high-level poop-poor programming someone used" (yeah, so i paraphrased to get around the TOS rulings :rolleyes1)

On a better note.....decided to go to Rexall after work used the weekly email coupon, load&go and the $5 coupon.....spent $27 and earned 111 miles. Worth the trip totally out of my way after a VERY long day at work. Just to top it all off I ended up using half a roll of the paper towel that I bought at Rexall to clean up dog vomit when I got home. How many can add that into their Rexall shopping story?

I downloaded the Rexall APP on my phone but it never shows me any coupons. Is the load & go a different APP for Rexall? I also registered an account with Rexall but I haven't been getting any coupons - only when someone posts a link here. Could you tell me what I need to do please? Ohh and good thing you brought those paper towels!! LOL

I guess it is a good thing my Mega Miles didn't post properly ... didn't show up until i tracked them down and they were posted on August 17th as "Spring Promotion"

If you ever have the chance to ask for a specific customer service rep ... Samantha has been with AM for almost 12 years and is A-MAZ-ING! She has the knowledge needed to quickly sort out problems and will also do things others state are "against policy" My Mega Miles getting posted quickly was due to her help. I've had other reps tell me they can only post a maximum of 25 miles thru on-line chat, 1 who told me he had max clearance of 250 (which meant 3 postings to give me a chunk owed from Staples) but Samantha?? She was magically able to post ALL of the miles i missed at once - bonus from Staples, the one coupon for shopping on-line AND the total.

Same here. Only I received my Staples Air Miles but not the "50 bonus miles when spend $150 or more at 200+ online stores". I shopped at 3 stores and eBay never posted their miles, which I guess was holding back my 1,250 mega miles. I contacted Air Miles through private message on Facebook and a nice guy named Steven wrote back and phoned me that same evening. He posted the 50 bonus miles plus the 1,250 mega miles as a Spring Promotion.

After reading all these posts now I'm happy that my 1,250 mega miles didn't post correctly. So far I haven't had the account issues others are having. I hope everyone gets their air miles sorted out correctly!

They really need to have a session on customer service for their reps so they know it isn't acceptable to patronize people. Also would be nice if they would hire some reps who have close to the same level of comprehension of the programme that we do -- HATE when they provide cookie-cutter answers that i can find online myself! Hubby's response to this whole fascicle? "That is some high-level poop-poor programming someone used" (yeah, so i paraphrased to get around the TOS rulings :rolleyes1)

Totally agree with the customer service training. My person on chat told me I had a lot of transactions and that's why it took her so long to sort out what happened. After I told her what happened from what I could see. Of course I have lots of transactions! I'm trying to get lots of miles... I guess whatever supervisor she got a hold of was able to fix it for me any way. But sad she couldn't figure out how to do it herself. She did try though. Given where I work, if our phone agents gave answers like that we end up in the news! Or with complaints to Ministers and such. Oh well. It's all fixed... for now :)

I downloaded the Rexall APP on my phone but it never shows me any coupons. Is the load & go a different APP for Rexall? I also registered an account with Rexall but I haven't been getting any coupons - only when someone posts a link here. Could you tell me what I need to do please? Ohh and good thing you brought those paper towels!! LOL

Well first the Rexall app is no longer functional so you can go ahead and delete it (The one that is specific to LoadnGo offers that is!) You never really needed it to use the LnG offers anyway, you can load your offers on-line or the Airmiles APP (we don't have this on either of our phones since it is a real battery drain because it wants your location on so it can search --constantly-- for offers that are "close to you") There is a section within the first post that talks about these offers :D

The coupons that i do my best to post links both within the body of this gangly thread and in the first post are found 2 ways : the threshold spend comes in an email on Monday mornings from Rexall and the link to your targeted threshold spend offer usually comes in an email on Fridays from Airmiles (this you need to load to your card). The coupon for $5.00 off a $25.00 transaction comes from doing a survey at the bottom of a receipt (OR by simply following along here!) There are also some stores (seems to be limited to the Ottawa area, correct me if I'm wrong gang) that will print a coupon on the receipt if you shop on Fridays that is also a threshold spend.

If you find that you are NOT getting any of these emails you need to go into your Airmiles profile and "uncheck" your email preferences , sign out of your account, sign back into your account, go back into your profile and check your e-mail preferences to "yes", sign out again and *hopefully* this will re-trigger those emails. I've had it happen a few times and don't know why this trick works but I ain't gonna question the stupidity of the Airmiles system.

My shop at Sobeys
I noticed the Campbell's large soup cartons were $3.49 each --buy 2 get 10 airmiles,,I however am stocked up with St Huberts soup right now.

I did get some of the cheese string as I do like mozzarella cheese.
and a few of the meat offers.(the bacon actually looked half decent).
3 bags bagels--variety-blueberry,raisin, plain.--they freeze well.
3 bags of raisin bread--again they freeze well.--30 airmiles had to be manually added on for this purchase.
All in I spent $105.09 and picked up 222 airmiles.
Happy Friday
Hugs Mel

My bagels/raisin bread didn't work either and one of my "Little Blue book" coupons didn't scan and the CS rep told me I had to call AM about it. So I did (waited like 25 min while watching TV) and they added them for me. I had used 5 coupons in my shop so the "Bonus" better work. It was a bit of work today collecting all my AM but over all the hunt was worth it.

Spent about $92 at Sobeys and got 145 AM. Thanks mostly to targeted offers in Sobeys app! I got the last 3 packs of cheesestrings. Hope they re-stock or offer a promo for the other sizes.

AMEX bill just *came* and we earned 800 AM that are listed as Soar Into More! That means both the Gas Station promo from June/July AND the On-line shopping in August credited for me .. but i should have 900. I'm thinking that hubby didn't quite follow the rules for signing into the APP when i asked. I'll take it though! Miles haven't posted to my account yet but it will be exciting when they do
upload_2017-9-16_16-55-36.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter