• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airline charging to use the bathroom

My first thought was avoiding fluids before flights. People are already flying dehydrated because of security and extra charges for water. Waiting for the lawsuit when someone has a serious complication.

The company in question only does short haul flights. I doubt they are in the air more than a few hours.

However I think people have it on the money, that if they charge for the bathroom, people are less likely to buy their overpriced drinks, and the drinks give far more revenue.

Now can we all agree that deregulation was a horrible idea ?

:sad2:

ABSOLUTELY NOT. Deregulation has kept Airline ticket prices down incredibly since the 1970's. I flew from Shreveport, Louisiana to Fayetteville, Arkansas in 1978. I can still remember the price of my ticket $430. Today, $341 to fly into NWA Regional and $305 to fly into Drake Field. Any time government gets their hands into anything, cost and prices go up. When competition goes away, we all lose. That's a fact of life.

Ryanair confirmed they ARE going to start charging for toilet visits last week. Its getting beoynd a joke.

Yes - they do charge small amounts for flights but no excuse to charge you for going to the toilet imo! They lure you in, then take every penny they can!!!!

If you know of the charge how is that luring you in? You then have a choice to make. Personally I would not fly an airline that charged to use the bathroom if there was another airline I could fly that didn't charge.

If you know of the charge how is that luring you in? You then have a choice to make. Personally I would not fly an airline that charged to use the bathroom if there was another airline I could fly that didn't charge.

i guess they will want the customer to weigh up spending an extra £20+ for a flight compare it to the extra money (maybe £3 per way?) to visit the bathroom?? I dont agree with it and PRAY TO GOD the long haul companies wont ever charge for the toilet!

Wow these airline add on fees are getting a totally different response here then in the Transportation forum. The add on fees are welcomed there.

Only because some people resent paying for something they don't need. Not everyone needs an assigned seat, or checks luggage.

And as far as charging for carryon bags go, the hope is that a fee would stop most people from lugging on an oversized bag and hogging overhead space. Charging for carryons would also speed up loading and unloading, as that would stop a lot of the bags from being brought on board to begin with.

I don't think I have seen a poster on any Disboard who thinks charging for the toilet is a good idea.

Yes - they do charge small amounts for flights but no excuse to charge you for going to the toilet imo! They lure you in, then take every penny they can!!!!

Racey please forgive me for correcting you, but I think you meant to say "They lure you in, then they take every penny when you go to the can!":lmao::lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter