• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airline charging to use the bathroom

air tran is charging ya to pick your seat....... i can do that right here at my desk for free, thank you very much!!!!!! i loved your reference to breathing air charges. it reminded me of that scuba diving commercial where the air was an add on and they did not mention it till you were standing on the ocean floor:rotfl2:.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it illegal in the United States to charge for restroom facilities when you have a captive audience? Examples would be sporting events, amusement parks, airlines, etc.

Ryanair made this announcement quite a while ago that they were conseidering implementing a restroom charge. I remember the article was in USA Today travel section sometime last year. CNN must be bringing it to light again to add fuel to the contraversy. Ryanair is based in Ireland I believe so the US rules wouldn't apply. And yes, I think this is completely obsurd. Next thing you know they will want you to insert 50 cents into a slot if the cabin loses pressure to release the oxygen masks. Oops, better not give them any ideas. :laughing:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/04/07/ryanair.lavatory.fee/index.html?hpt=T2

"Ryanair, which is based in Dublin, Ireland, and bills itself as "Europe's first and largest low fares airline," is mulling a plan that would require travelers to pay either 1 euro or 1 British pound (about $1.33 or $1.52) for using the bathroom on flights lasting one hour or less."

I though the British expression for going to the loo, was to "spend a penny", not spend a pound! Inflations?

-Paul

This was an issue quite some time ago.

Ryanair are known for their very cheap flights! Seriously £20 for a one way flight! Anyway thus far they haven't implemented it, and I doubt they will, just a bit of publicity hunting!

If they did this then things are definitely getting out of hand! Headsets, pillows, snacks, bags, toilet...what will they charge for next? I'd just use a barf bag and then hit the bell for the flight attendant and hand the bag to her to dispose of! :lmao::rotfl2:

I also heard US Airways might charge you each time you recline the seat. Look for the credit card reader attached to the tray table in the near future.:):)

This charge for using the toilet was being discussed a lot on the media on Wednesday in the UK.
On one phone in radio show someone commented that people might stop buying the expensive in flight drinks if they also have to pay to go to the toilet after they have had them!

Wow these airline add on fees are getting a totally different response here then in the Transportation forum. The add on fees are welcomed there.

This is kind of absurd.

Due to some health issues, I sometimes need to tinkle a lot. I don't like using the lavatory on the plane, but its better than a wet seat.

Charging for carry-ons is within the control of the passenger, using the facilities is not always, especially on cross country flights.

What's to stop people from just keeping the door open for the next passenger to use the bathroom? How ridiculous.

Personally, I think the next airline fee will be to use your credit card when you pay for your tickets.

All this nickel and diming...sounds like a way to jumpstart the auto & insurance industry again (leisure). Just imagine..the new car, the road trip, the gas, the hotels, the tolls, the family time... Leisure airline disgust could be a motivator.

How about a new Disney promotional discount for drivers from different states-what about a car rental deal tied to tickets ?? and let's not forget DME the ultimate deal breaker for the leisure traveler...speculation???

Wow these airline add on fees are getting a totally different response here then in the Transportation forum. The add on fees are welcomed there.

Why would someone be happy about add on fees? :confused3 I can see the carry on bag charge if it cuts down on the size and number of bags being used. That would make it faster to load and unload the plane. I'd like to know how charging for the toilet is a good idea.

Why would someone be happy about add on fees? :confused3 I can see the carry on bag charge if it cuts down on the size and number of bags being used. That would make it faster to load and unload the plane. I'd like to know how charging for the toilet is a good idea.

No not the toilet specifically.

My first thought was avoiding fluids before flights. People are already flying dehydrated because of security and extra charges for water. Waiting for the lawsuit when someone has a serious complication.

They're going to start selling "Depends" in the airport gift shop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter