Airfare prices to Ireland

jjb52

Mouseketeer
We are planning to go to Ireland the fourth week of June-the 26 until July 3. We plan on leaving the 24th with an overnight and then a prenight in Dublin. I am wondering what the average price was that those of you who have traveled at that time payed and how far out you purchased. We paid about $800 for Germany in 2008. We fly out of Minneapolis. If you flew from the east coast, what did you pay? I have almost a year to get a decent price so any tips are appreciate. I found my own air for Germany but we traveled in October so if was not prime time. It is running about $1100 right now for those dates and I am hoping I can do better than that.

Thanks in advance for any tips. No kids in our party of three.

Hey, we're going on that trip, too! :yay: Also doing a pre-night (and post-night). We fly out of PHX and plan to fly British Airways. Airfares are really expensive right now, but we'll probably just take care of it now anyway. We are a party of 4 -- myself, DH, and DS 18 (by then) and DS (almost) 16. I guess we'll see you there! :)

:)Have you checked out the prices on Aer Lingus? We are on the Gulf Coast and could fly nonstop from JFK to DUB for a pretty good fare. They have flights from MCO and O'Hara as well. They have arrivals and departures from Dublin and Shannon. I am thinking we will fly nonstop to JFK on Jet Blue from New Orleans. I just don't know much about Aer Lingus....however I do have a friend at work that is taking a quick flight with them from Irleand to Scotland in a couple of weeks. She only had to pay 25 euros for her flight.

I flew Aer Lingus when I went several years ago and it was very nice and had a definite "Irish" feel and the food was good so I would highly recommend them as you can start your Ireland trip the minute you get on the plane!

Flights out of Minneapolis are $1142 right now. I am going to watch and see if prices change these next few months. I was hoping for under $1000. We are planning on a prenight. It is myself, sister and Mom. My Mom and I did Germany in October, 2008 and loved it. Had to skip a year and save up-I was disappointed in no early booking rates but we know if will be an excellent trip and none of us is getting any younger. If anyone sees or hears of a better price, please post.

We are planning to go to Ireland the fourth week of June-the 26 until July 3. We plan on leaving the 24th with an overnight and then a prenight in Dublin. I am wondering what the average price was that those of you who have traveled at that time payed and how far out you purchased. We paid about $800 for Germany in 2008. We fly out of Minneapolis. If you flew from the east coast, what did you pay? I have almost a year to get a decent price so any tips are appreciate. I found my own air for Germany but we traveled in October so if was not prime time. It is running about $1100 right now for those dates and I am hoping I can do better than that.

Thanks in advance for any tips. No kids in our party of three.

Just keep looking as often as you can. Air fares vary all the time based on need, location, economy, etc. For example, we did the Ireland trip at the end of May of 2008. We flew out of Miami and it was $700 per person (DH and I). I looked at rates for the same trip this year and the exact same flight was for $350 per person!!

I'm going next July and have been looking at rates too. Right now the schedule is not out for my return trip so I still have some time. I usually fly Continental out of IAH but I'm looking at Air Lingus too and I hope to keep the price under $1,000.

I just checked on Air Lingus and the one way to Dublin from IAH is $429. Still I'm a little leary using a discount airline. I have read some negative reviews but I know every airline has those.

I just realized that since AL does not fly out of Houston I have to take a partner airline and then get on AL in Chicago. Not sure about that.

You know, flame me left and right, but i don't have a lot of sympathy for folks who fly out of hub cities. We poor folks who have to fly out of small towns and use a commuter aircraft to connect in a hub pay MUCH more consistently (presently $500 just to MCO which is domestic) So yes, to us, airfare IS a strong consideration. Multiply cost times # of passengers and it can be significant. Many is the time I wish we could fly out of Newark, JFK, MSP, DTW etc. Savings to us would be huge! we are going to MCO (Orlando) next year and airfare for the 6 of us (booked a yr in advance ) is $3000. Now THAT is a lot! At least to me!!
So when it comes to International travel, we REALLY have to take a cold hard look!! Not only is the price a huge consideration - 18 hrs + travel time is ALSO a large concern. True especially when traveling with a family !!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter