Ahsoka

there’s only one episode left, right?! The next episode had better be epic or this goes in the Boba Fart and Obi Non category of shows. So far we have an intro to season 2 which, if it’s ever made, will be a year or two out…

Well, I guess that was pretty okay. 😉 😁

Seriously though - I mean, if Episode 8 is anywhere close to as good as the rest of the series, it's an absolute tirumph. I mean, come on....
"I don't need to show you any identification."

No. No you do not.
Sigh... so good and so many questions

Don't read unless you want to go down the rabbit hole of what might be, but prolly won't happen ....
LOL.... see ya Shin, it has ben nice, but before I go... one last piece of advice. Byeeee

Where is Baylan.... and who/what is Baylan going to find? What will be the beginning and the end?

Kujet of the Zeffo Sages? Abeloth? ohhhh so many good Easter eggs... putting the puzzle pieces together is so much fun, and going down the rabbit hole of all the theories and researching on Wookiepedia, I think that is part of what I love about this show.... .there are a lot of subtle complexities.

I am voting Kujet.... the historical connections to the Dathromiri, those little round gold orbs (the star map, the Nightsister orbs, the orbs in the temple where the map was that lit up in the figures) could be connected to Astriums which the sages used as power devices. Three sages with three Astriums...... hmmm three witches with three orbs?). Also in the episode 6 clues are the runes on the temple at Seatos which mention Kujet

Sigh... going to be a long week... and I am beginning to suspect... a nailbiting cliffhanger

Last edited:
Where to even start after this episode? I guess I could have watched the end credits, but why bother? Do we know if Anthony Daniels voiced C3PO? Because if so, someone may want to tell him that it's ok to retire now. Please. His attempt at recreating the voice is nearly as cringeworthy as James Earl Jones attempting to do Mufasa in the digital Lion King film.

Why exactly are we still seeing space whales three episodes later?

When did they turn this guy...
0_W-xuTvu6KVq6_X7b.jpg
turn into this guy?
main-qimg-6fc4b3434fdc09fa38a71ce429dddb71-lq.jpeg

Seriously, Disney, try harder. Oh, and while you're (not) trying harder, stop sticking head arms, or whatever they are (I'm sure some fanboy will fill me in) onto every character using a hat to hide the join and then apply some cheap facepaint from a Spirit of Halloween store? The reason it worked nicely in Return of the Jedi was because it was part of the character's whole face mask. Now it's just a cheap easy lazy add-on.

Overall, I'm still not convinced that this slow plodding eight episode show couldn't have been more quickly and far less painfully approached as a 90 minute movie.

Last edited:

What even was that post?
A thinking fan's observations on the most recent episode and how I'm finding the show to be going overall. As opposed to fabboys gushing over this drech. And yours?

Last edited:
A thinking fan's observations on the most recent episode and how I'm finding the show to be going overall. As opposed to fabboys gushing over this drech. And yours?

My observations about how your post wasn't really coherent. But to answer your first question yes it was indeed Anthony Daniels voicing C3PO and as far as I know he is the only one who has ever done the voicing for them. From the movies to the shows to the games.

My observations about how your post wasn't really coherent. But to answer your first question yes it was indeed Anthony Daniels voicing C3PO and as far as I know he is the only one who has ever done the voicing for them. From the movies to the shows to the games.
Thanks. At this point, he sadly sounds like an actor attempting to do the voice. It's old man Harrison Ford's voice coming out of the digitally de-aged character in the last film.

Kujet of the Zeffo Sages? Abeloth? ohhhh so many good Easter eggs... putting the puzzle pieces together is so much fun, and going down the rabbit hole of all the theories and researching on Wookiepedia, I think that is part of what I love about this show.... .there are a lot of subtle complexities.

I am voting Kujet.... the historical connections to the Dathromiri, those little round gold orbs (the star map, the Nightsister orbs, the orbs in the temple where the map was that lit up in the figures) could be connected to Astriums which the sages used as power devices. Three sages with three Astriums...... hmmm three witches with three orbs?). Also in the episode 6 clues are the runes on the temple at Seatos which mention Kujet

I really like your Kujet theory and after looking into it some more I’m in agreement with you that that seems like a very good contender of what could possibly be out there and calling out to Baylan.

I can’t deny that I’m a little worried about what’s going to happen to Ezra though. He’s talked about finally going home too many times now for it not to be a red flag but maybe that’s just because I grew up on Buffy and know that a character talking about something too much is a bad sign from that show.

Absolutely love how they’ve been incorporating Leia into this show and building on her pre-Bloodline story arc in doing so and that it was her that ended up saving Hera from being court-martialed. Leia 100% recruited Kazuda to the Resistance on purpose to get back at his Dad and nothing can convince me otherwise after seeing this ep.

I’m wondering what’s going to end up happening to Shin now; whether she’ll go back to Morgan and Thrawn or if she’ll have to come to a temporary truce with Sabine and co so that she doesn’t get stuck on Peridea. I know she isn’t much a favourite around here but I really like her and hope she survives the season and that we see more of her in the future. I have a feeling though that Baylan’s storyline could potentially end on a huge cliffhanger and I’d really hate for them to be forced to recast because Ray’s portrayal and energy is what makes that character so interesting.

I really like your Kujet theory and after looking into it some more I’m in agreement with you that that seems like a very good contender of what could possibly be out there and calling out to Baylan.

I can’t deny that I’m a little worried about what’s going to happen to Ezra though. He’s talked about finally going home too many times now for it not to be a red flag but maybe that’s just because I grew up on Buffy and know that a character talking about something too much is a bad sign from that show.

Absolutely love how they’ve been incorporating Leia into this show and building on her pre-Bloodline story arc in doing so and that it was her that ended up saving Hera from being court-martialed. Leia 100% recruited Kazuda to the Resistance on purpose to get back at his Dad and nothing can convince me otherwise after seeing this ep.

I’m wondering what’s going to end up happening to Shin now; whether she’ll go back to Morgan and Thrawn or if she’ll have to come to a temporary truce with Sabine and co so that she doesn’t get stuck on Peridea. I know she isn’t much a favourite around here but I really like her and hope she survives the season and that we see more of her in the future. I have a feeling though that Baylan’s storyline could potentially end on a huge cliffhanger and I’d really hate for them to be forced to recast because Ray’s portrayal and energy is what makes that character so interesting.
Forgot to also mention, when you look up pics of Kujet/Zeffonians,the shape of their head kinda reminds me of the shape of the armor of the lead bandits... wonder if there is a connection there to them. I kinda have a feeling Baylan may regret what he finds....

With Shin I do wonder if she is going to team up with Ezra et al.., will the offering of help that Ahsoka put forth be a seed that festers... especially if she gets hung out to dry by Thrawn. I also see Morgan maybe getting a little less in thrall with Thrawn, she seems to be questioning him more and more.

There is a lot of open play with these characters, nothing as far as I know in regards to future is determined, so perhaps Filoni will (hopefully) want to explore this for awhile ... pretty much the only hints to the future I have seen is that the Ghost is at Exegol and Ahsoka speaks to Rey

Last edited:
Also... what is the important cargo? All the same size and shape.... I am starting to wonder if they are burial pods. This could get green misty undead good soon....

Also... what is the important cargo? All the same size and shape.... I am starting to wonder if they are burial pods. This could get green misty undead good soon....
I’ve seen there’s been a lot of speculation that Thrawn is building a “zombie” army for himself either with the Troopers that he’s lost since arriving there or with fallen Dathomiri warriors from the catacombs. Maybe the Nightsisters are going to raise them and reclaim Dathomir or something? Could be a good way to introduce Merrin into live action as well at some point down the line if she survives the 3rd Jedi game whenever that comes out.

I’ve seen there’s been a lot of speculation that Thrawn is building a “zombie” army for himself either with the Troopers that he’s lost since arriving there or with fallen Dathomiri warriors from the catacombs. Maybe the Nightsisters are going to raise them and reclaim Dathomir or something? Could be a good way to introduce Merrin into live action as well at some point down the line if she survives the 3rd Jedi game whenever that comes out.
I missed the exchange with Enoch when Morgan first arrived. Took some digging on Wookiepedia, but the cargo are dead Nightsisters from the catacombs and it is in exchange for bringing the cargo that the three Great Mothers are helping Thrawn. I am not sure he is fully aware of what they can do with their dead (and I expect them to betray Thrawn).

Would love to see live action Merrin... or I would be willing to entertain a revived Asajj Ventress... they did name drop her in the training hologram with Annakin ...

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Enoch

Last edited:
Loving the discussion of the possibilities of. whatever force Baylan feels is calling to him. I am looking very forward to seeing what that is all about. I've spent some time reading about the Zeffo, and Abeloth now. Did not really know anything much about that. Filoni, and others, have done such an amazing job of incorporating lore into the live action/canon, or at least drawing inspiration from the games, legends, etc, and I LOVE it!
Thanks so much @leiaorgana for the links. Hope to make time this weekend to watch. But also, this is our last weekend to really prep for our Disney trip. Can't wait to be back on Batuu.
I've started giving episodes a letter grade, and had originally given this one a B--. But I always need to rewatch an episode or movie, for Star Wars, to really form opinions. First watch Im just taking it all in, second watch, can accept what I don't like (snail-woks throwing rocks at stormtroopers......) and just really watch, and truly appreciate it. I'd now give it a higher B. I do still feel like I wanted more resolution from this one, but it did achieve the goal of setting up for a big finale. Heroes are all together, etc. I would love if the finale was like 2 hours long. haha. I do really hope it's at least 1 hour.
Loved every scene with Ahsoka and her lightsabers. The training, CW Anakin, name dropping Ventress, and then the setting of the duel with Baylan, loved the overcast sky. beautiful settings again. Also thought Rosario Dawson was great showing more range of emotions from Ahsoka.
Initially had hoped for a LOT more from Ezra, in terms of how he was using the Force, like a much stronger control of it, but on re-watch, it's fine.This actor is totally capturing Ezra from Rebels. He nailed it. Also though have to get used to that wise cracking Ezra in live action. Actually still working on totally accepting Hera in live action, so this might take another episode. ha, and even though I am enjoying THrawn in live action, I did also get "Data' vibes the first time I saw him. I think my favorite scene is this whole episode though is his face when he realizes Ahsoka was trained by Anakin Skywalker....
Can't wait until Tuesday!!!

Last edited:
Agree @BrianL . Especially the middle, quite overly choreographed, but the ending made up for it. I really like where everything and everyone ended up. Have to rewatch and process some more.
And agree with @Suger Mag . I wanted another hour, and a few more episodes.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter