AHHH!!! Not ANOTHER EMH morning. A July/August 2013 TR told by a teen! Updated 10/28

I've been reading without saying anything but that photo of Emma and Katie with Thing 1 and Thing 2 is adorable! All your pictures put a smile on my face :)

Aww, thats so sweet, thank you! That is a cute picture, im going to start calling them thing one and thing 2 now :rotfl:

Just read your TR so far!!! Looks like you had a great time! Cant wait for more updates!

Thanks for reading! sorry it's taken me so long, ive typed up a few more updates and ive got a pretty dull week this week so i hope to get through a few updates as well as telling y'all some exciting news. Hope you enjoy the rest!:goodvibes

Hi everyone! I dont know if anyone has noticed my ticker, but i thought i'd do a quick real life update before I continue with the trip report. I'm sorry i haven't updated in a while, life at this age is quite hectic.

So about a month ago, Free dining came out on the British WDW site for guests visiting from the UK. I knew about this and had been anticipating the offer for quite some time. I kept checking the UK trip planning forum for news and it was all very exciting. When it came on, we were pricing up all sorts. Originally we were hoping for the Contemporary resort, however only the most expensive rooms were available so it looked as if that wasn't on the cards. We also priced up The Polynesian, but we decided against that due to the construction that is taking place there. Im not sure when that ends but it's best to be on the safe side.

We settled for the Yacht and Beach Club, and we went with the Yacht club. Im not really sure why we went with that one, i think it was the combination of the fact that we'd already stayed at the beach club so we wanted to try a new resort, and the pictures of the rooms we saw, they look very nice. Anyway, i couldn't be more excited to be staying at the Yacht Club for 2 weeks in August 2015!

We are also going to be celebrating my 16th birthday, which is in September, but August is the closest we can get without taking my sisters and I out of school.

Anyway, that's the news, I hope that update wasn't too boring. Now on with the rest of the report!:goodvibes

Celebrating a dream come true for the last time

Celebrate a dream come true photospam!!!

Once I’d finished dancing along to my beloved parade for one last time, we headed into Fantasyland, past this.

To get to this.

Yep, we were going for our first (and by no means last) ride on Under the Sea journey of the little mermaid. I think, apart from Be Our Guest, this has to be my favourite part of New Fantasyland. The whole little mermaid area is so well themed and beautiful, I love it so much. The queuing area was so cool, I love the clam shells that you ride in, they’re so pretty. I got into the shell with my dad and my sisters went together. My mum didn’t ride.

I absolutely LOVED it. Everything was so well themed, I know it’s a simple ride, but I couldn’t get over how amazing it was. I loved the under the sea room, that’s one of my favourite songs ever, I was singing along and dancing in the shell. It actually broke down for a minute in that room, but trust me, I wasn’t complaining since I got to hear that song for longer!
Up next- Meeting the Princesses

A two week trip...so jealous!!! I think the Yacht Club looks beautiful, so good choice on staying there. :thumbsup2

While I do miss the music of Celebrate A Dream Come True, I have to say I am a little less sad about that parade leaving now that I have seen Festival of Fantasy in person...talk about amazing! I'm sure you are just going to love it!!

A two week trip...so jealous!!! I think the Yacht Club looks beautiful, so good choice on staying there. :thumbsup2

While I do miss the music of Celebrate A Dream Come True, I have to say I am a little less sad about that parade leaving now that I have seen Festival of Fantasy in person...talk about amazing! I'm sure you are just going to love it!!

Yeah, we're lucky. From the UK it's better value to do one week considering the cost of flights and the 14 days for the price of 7 ticket deal.
Yeah, i absolutely LOVE festival of fantasy, the Tangled float is beyond perfect and dont even get me started on the dragon! But the music in Celebrate a Dream Come True is amazing! You're so lucky seeing FoF in person, i can't wait to see it myself!

Meeting the Princesses
It was finally time to use our fastpasses to meet the princesses. We skipped (literally skipped, im not kidding) down main street all the way to Town square. Even though we had fastpasses, they gave us one of them red cards to time the wait with.

We only waited about 5 minutes until we went into the room that the princesses were in. As soon as we walked in I started freaking out, I COULD SEE PUNZIE!!!!!!!! This was my first time meeting her, she’s my absolute favourite and I was beyond excited!

First up was Aurora, she seemed a bit quiet but that’s ok, she was really in character. I love Sleeping Beauty, it’s always been one of my favourites, despite being absolutely terrified of Maleficent for best part of my childhood. Now though, Maleficent is one of my favourites. I actually just saw Maleficent earlier today and it was absolutley amazing. One of my new favourites! I highly reccomend it.

Next up was Cinderella. She looked gorgeous, I love her dress. I don’t remember that much about this meet, but I remember she gave us all a hug which was nice.

Next up- AND AT LAST I SEE THE LIGHT!

AND AT LAST I SEE THE LIGHT

Ok, I’m not freakin out, are you freakin out? Ok, I am freakin out.
I WAS FINALLY MEETING MYSELF, MY TWIN, THE REASON TO MY EXISTANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We had to wait a little before we could meet her, which built my anticipation up even more.
IT WAS FINALLY MY TURN, I WAS GRINNING LIKE…LIKE (actually no, nothing can smile as I was smiling)
OUR RAPUNZEL WAS PERFECT, SHE LOOKED LIKE HER, TALKED LIKE HER, ACTED LIKE HER. SHE WAS SO IN CHARACTER IT WAS UNBELIEVABLE. Sorry, I was so excited!
SHE GAVE US A HUG. IT WAS THE BEST HUG IVE EVER HAD IN MY LIFE!!!

She spent ages with us and we took individual pictures because I needed one so bad! #newprofilepictureoneverything. She even let me pose like her!

We then said our goodbyes to Punzie and headed out through the shop. Tears were in my eyes, that was the BEST DAY EVER! I looked at the ear hats and considered getting one with my name on but then decided against the idea and wandered back out to mainstreet.
I had an idea of what we could do now, something id heard people on here rave about. We walked up mainstreet, across the bridge into Adventureland and joined the queue for…
A DOLE WHIP!!!!!!

While we were in line, the women in front turned and asked if the parade had already been. Unfortunately it had, but she said that she was going to come back the next day to see it. We continued to chat in the line which was nice, I love meeting Disney people in the parks.

I got a Dole Whip float with vanilla ice cream and I think next time I’d get pineapple ice cream aswell. Well, what did I think?
IT WAS AMAZING, WHY HADN’T I HAD ONE BEFORE?
It’s now definitely a must everytime we go.

Mum had a Dole whip with orange and vanilla ice cream, she really liked it.

Up next- The castle photoshoot

I absolutely love your reaction to meeting Rapunzel, the huge smile on your face is what Disney is all about :goodvibes

How great you've got next years trip to look forward to, it'll be especially nice to celebrate the end of your GCSE's :)

YAY PUNZIE!!!!!!!! I totally understand your excitement.

And also, YAY DOLE WHIPS!!!!!! Food of the gods, for sure. :goodvibes

I'm so happy you posted updates!

Ah I'm finally caught up on your TR! How cool that you get to go to Disney for your sweet 16! That's so exciting! :yay:

We're staying at Beach Club when we go in January and I'm SO EXCITED!

You look so happy when meeting Rapunzel! How adorable !

I absolutely love your reaction to meeting Rapunzel, the huge smile on your face is what Disney is all about :goodvibes

How great you've got next years trip to look forward to, it'll be especially nice to celebrate the end of your GCSE's :)

Haha, yeah! I love her so much!
And yes, i'm so excited!!! It'll be awesome!

YAY PUNZIE!!!!!!!! I totally understand your excitement.

And also, YAY DOLE WHIPS!!!!!! Food of the gods, for sure. :goodvibes

I'm so happy you posted updates!

You of all people would understand! :) I still can't believe i never had a dole whip before. I've been missing out!
Sorry i haven't updated in an AGE! i've typed all the rest of it out now so hopefully it'll be updated regularly.

Ah I'm finally caught up on your TR! How cool that you get to go to Disney for your sweet 16! That's so exciting! :yay:

We're staying at Beach Club when we go in January and I'm SO EXCITED!

You look so happy when meeting Rapunzel! How adorable !

Yay! Yes, im soso excited! Omg, yay! you'll love the beach club! how exciting!!

The castle photoshoot
Okay guys, first of all,i just want to apologise for the insane amount of time it's been since i updated. I've been pretty busy but now i've got the entire rest of the report typed up so hopefully it'll be all done soon! Thank you to anyone who's still reading, im so grateful.
-----------------------------------------------------
The castle photoshoot
As we ate our dole whips, I found myself sitting on a bench next to the women I was chatting to in line. We started talking again and it turns out that it was her first ever trip to Disney and she was loving it. She said that she was already planning her next trip! We talked for a good 20 minutes before she went to find the rest of her group. I hope she had a great rest of her trip!
Once we all finished our snacks we walked back across the bridge, past the crystal palace and onto main street to find some photopass photographers! We did two, they were both super nice! The second one gave us magic shots with Tink, which came out really nice!

When we were done we went in the emporium for a bit and I bought this awesome Rapunzel Tshirt in the biggest kids size and I love it. It is featured later on in the trip report.

At around 8pm, we final dragged ourselves away. Mum went back to the Dolphin on the bus, but Dad, Emma, Katie and I took a detour. We went on the monorail, we got the MONSTERS UNIVERSITY ONE! I couldn’t believe our luck! That monorail wrap was awesome! We got monorail grey from the TTC to Epcot, then we walked through Epcot towards the International Gateway. We couldn’t get through without stopping for some photos in front of Spaceship earth though!

When we got back to the resort it was dinner time, we were all hungry so we went down to picabu to get some nosh.

Mum and I both had the chicken which was DELISH! Im a huge chicken fan and this tasted amazing!
Emma and Katie both had burgers which they both seemed to enjoy.
Dad had some curry beef stewy thing that looked like this which he thoroughly enjoyed!

After that, it was time for bed since we had another early morning tomorrow at Epcot.

Ride of the day-Splash mountain!
Food of the day- dole whip
Best part- meeting rapunzel
worst part- waiting ages for the bus

Up next- the great race

The great race
We woke up bright and early the next morning and dragged ourselves out of bed, Mum would be joining us later. We walked to Epcot since it would probably be quicker than taking the boat. We got there at around 7:45 and there was only a small crowd at the International Gateway which we got to the front of. I saw this adorable little girl dressed as Belle, I had a little conversation with her which made my day. I love seeing all the little princesses in the parks!
The gates opened at 8, and im delighted to tell y’all that I was first through the turnstiles. I waited up for the others but we were still the first family through! We walked briskly in the direction of Soarin but it was too much for Emma, who had to take it slower. But Katie and I went on. Another man who had got through the turnstiles just after us started trying to overtake us. We weren’t having that. So we walked faster so he started running and we started running. There wasn’t anyone about so the cast members didn’t seem to mind.

WE WON THOUGH! Of course, we weren’t gonna let anyone beat us. We were probably in the first soarin ride of the day, which is always good! You know it’s gonna be a good day when you’re the first people to ride soarin! Dad and Emma even managed to catch up and ride with us which was great!
Soarin was every bit as magical as I remembered, the music, the film, the smell, Patrick, EVERYTHING! It’s just so amazing!
After we’d got off Soarin, we headed over to Living with the Land, not before grabbing a fastpass for later though. The return time was perfect!
We enjoyed Living with the Land very much, I love learning about the Land and all the plants in the pavilion! It’s a great experience.
Next we went to the character spot which was due to open at 9, we lined up at the door and we were second in line! When it opened, Mickey came to the door to greet us and then led us through where the queue would be, all the way to where he meets the guests! It was so cute!
He was first up, we had an awesome meet with the mouse, you really can never go wrong!

Next was pluto!

Last but not least, Minnie, who was super sweet and gave us all hugs! She loved my shirt which had her face on it!

Then we went on Journey into Imagination for the very first time! I absolutely loved it; it’s so cute and cheesy! We all really liked it, Figment is adorable! It’s so inspiring as well!
Then we went back into the Land to ride Soarin again, which was awesome! Dad then went to get us all Test Track fastpasses while Emma, Katie and I went on The Sea’s With Nemo and Friends which was so cute!
We all met up outside Turtle talk with crush which we watched next! I absolutely love seeing this, I find it hilarious! We had an extremely dull cast member running it, however it didn’t ruin the show at all, we all really enjoyed it! Lots of laughs!
We then split up, I went to Mission Space and the others went to The Circle of Life. I chickened out of the Orange side and opted for Green instead. I was met this nice Spanish lady who spoke English luckily! I wasn’t as good at Spanish back then and im still not that great! We were both terrible at controlling the spaceship and kept pressing the wrong buttons at the wrong times! It’s a good thing it didn’t rely on us pressing the right buttons because otherwise we all would have died!
It was fun, but I kind of wish I’d gone on the other side now since I found the Green side rather dull, however it was still fun!
I headed over to Spaceship Earth where we’d agreed to meet, but the wait was quite long. I did some pin trading while I waited for them to meet me.
We decided to leave Spaceship Earth for another day since we weren’t going to wait 15 minutes! We headed to the front of Spaceship earth where we had some photopass pictures!

Our test track window opened up then, so we headed towards test track. I offered to go and get Maelstrom fastpasses, so I went ahead in the blazing heat. I stopped on a bench to reapply my sun cream since today was particularly warm. Once I’d obtained the fastpasses, I met the others at Test Track.
At the time it was down so we waited outside, we were at the front of the line.
Before long it opened back up and we went in to design our car! This was a very cool feature, it was so fun to do!
The ride itself was great, I give new test track a huge thumbs up!

Up next- around the world in 3 hours, character editon

Around the world in 3 hours, character edition
After that, we went to meet my mum who had already got in line to meet Mary Poppins in the UK pavilion. Mary was very nice and she had a fairly decent British accent which is always good! The whole family got in the photo with Mary!

We met Alice next and got some fish and chips between us while we waited since we were all about to pass out with hunger. Personally I thought they were slightly better than the fish and chips you get in the UK but I don’t think the rest of my family agreed. They did like it though, just not as much.
We were first in line to meet Alice and she seemed to be having a problem with her costume, she stayed in character though, she was asking us which of us takes the longest to get ready (me, lol) and she was saying how her older sister takes hours to get ready. She was awesome!

We then headed to the France pavilion where we met Aurora.

After we met Aurora we went to Les Halles boulangarie patisserie, my favourite counter service! I got a lemon meringue tart, my sisters got a chocolate tart and a chocolate mousse my mum got an apple pastry thing. We got a croque monsieur and a tuna nicoise salad between us too.

After lunch we met Belle and Snow white, then we headed back to the resort.

We went to Denny’s for dinner which was delicious, we then got an early night.
Up next- The twilight zone

I'm so glad you revived this TR!

The family photos on Main Street are just precious. I hope you got one of those framed!

I have never gotten anything from the bakery, but all of those desserts look AMAZING. I probably should stay away from there, actually, because I will want to try EVERYTHING!

Great princess meet photos. :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter