Ah the booking FW to gain early entry continues...

What difference does it really make if a person sets up a tent and actually stays there or not? It’s booked either way. Not taking away anything from anyone. It could actually be an advantage to those camping in the same area. Less people in the restrooms/shower facilities, fewer people on resort transportation, quieter in the loop. Never would have thought of doing this myself, not sure it’s really all that widespread- though I could be wrong.

Like my dad used to tell me,
Just because you can, does not mean you should.

Be mindful of others..

I wonder if this is why it's difficult to book two or three night stays? When I try to book short stays I ususally get no availability, then when I expand the dates to 5 or 6 nights over the same weekend I almost always get a site to book.

The weekend before Halloween we were at the Fort for three nights and there were two young women accross the loop from us, clearly there for easy park access and accommodations, like all of us!

They got up early, dressed in their Disney togs and off they went. I didn't see them prepare food at the campsite but they stayed three nights like we did. As long as people really use the campsite where they go during the day isn't my worry. They could have taken all their meals at TE and probably took the boat back and forth to MK.

What difference does it really make if a person sets up a tent and actually stays there or not? It’s booked either way. Not taking away anything from anyone.
I don't really care as the ghost campers aren't going to book the sites that I use and not show up. I guess they could but that's a lot of jingaling you have to come up with to not stay somewhere. But it actually is taking away from someone who wants to camp at the Fort. Disney will get paid but as hard as it is to get in to campsites in Florida at certain times of the year It takes a site away from a legitimate camper who actually wants to stay there.

I don't really care as the ghost campers aren't going to book the sites that I use and not show up. I guess they could but that's a lot of jingaling you have to come up with to not stay somewhere. But it actually is taking away from someone who wants to camp at the Fort. Disney will get paid but as hard as it is to get in to campsites in Florida at certain times of the year It takes a site away from a legitimate camper who actually wants to stay there.
Totally see your point. Maybe Disney should come up with a “ghost loop” as someone else suggested! I’m not serious and probably shouldn’t give them any ideas!

If the ghost loop is just to get on-site benefits then there's not really a need to tie it to Fort Wilderness at all. It could be just an upcharge that off-site guests could pay in order to get the on-site benefits. Which I'm sure would cause loads of outrage at the nickel-and-diming, cheapening of the on-site experience, etc.

Maybe Disney thinks that it's best to just let sleeping ghosts lie.

If the ghost loop is just to get on-site benefits then there's not really a need to tie it to Fort Wilderness at all. It could be just an upcharge that off-site guests could pay in order to get the on-site benefits. Which I'm sure would cause loads of outrage at the nickel-and-diming, cheapening of the on-site experience, etc.

Maybe Disney thinks that it's best to just let sleeping ghosts lie.
I was joking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter