• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not convinced that Indy land will ever happen, but it does seem inevitable to me that eventually the Indy stunt show closes and a new themed land takes over that area. I suppose it could extend into the parking area but a re-theming of Star Tours to whatever this new themed land is seems more likely. I wouldn't even be surprised to see it take over the entire Echo Lake area, re-theming the restaurants there, though I'd be sad to see Prime Time go.

You might not think it, but reliable source has said that it is, or at least was, the plan.

I don’t see them expanding into the parking lot because they never built the garages that were originally rumored for the park. I still think that was a mistake not building them, because they’ve handcuffed themselves into the small park footprint instead of having the option of taking away some of the surface lot

Is the HS bus loop in use now a temporary thing while Skyliner is built or is it permanently going to be a long walk?

I don’t see them expanding into the parking lot because they never built the garages that were originally rumored for the park. I still think that was a mistake not building them, because they’ve handcuffed themselves into the small park footprint instead of having the option of taking away some of the surface lot

I was referring just to the re-theming of Star Tours, but as to the parking lot, they still have plenty of land out towards Victory Way where they could expand parking to allow them to expand into the existing lots if they want to.

I was referring just to the re-theming of Star Tours, but as to the parking lot, they still have plenty of land out towards Victory Way where they could expand parking to allow them to expand into the existing lots if they want to.

Yes, but the new entryway and rumored Star Wars hotel location will make it exceedingly challenging to push into current lots, as those two structures would be quite expensive and time consuming to move out of the way for another ride building.

Flat asphalt is much less expensive than a parking structure, and need not be cost-justified by anywhere near as along of a use-life.

QUOTE="George4, post: 59900606, member: 435344"]Yes, but the new entryway and rumored Star Wars hotel location will make it exceedingly challenging to push into current lots, as those two structures would be quite expensive and time consuming to move out of the way for another ride building.[/QUOTE]

Still plenty of room without moving anything... Also, note that the Star Wars hotel location is not rumored, we know it is going in the red area.

Capture.JPG

Specifically, there is a lot detail in the fake plants and waterfalls. Yet, they cheaped out and didn't provide any method to understand the story and message the built into that detail (same goes for all the details in the queue areas of both FOP and Navi). You definitely could tell they were telling a story. But, there was nowhere to go to get the detail. I think you could get the message across without all of the minute details. My family misses the great work that went into ToonTown. Seems like there was more to do there but for a lot less money.

I prefer the detail going in upfront. Much tougher to add that later.

They can add characters, story tellers, behind the scenes tours, even video screens and flyers much easier than a floating mountain with a water fall.

Same with SWGE. Looks to be packed with detail, but many visitors will likely not know the exact story for that land. But I'm really looking forward to those details.

Heck half our group didn't get we were shrunken in Andy's back yard, until we pointed out the footprints and component box etc over Slink.

Heck, you expand the Parking per Dan Boris' drawing above, you are then closer to the skyliner station to take a ride in to DHS or Epcot.

Well the flow and layout of this park is already horrendous. I can't imagine any expansions into the parking lots (maybe right at the Indy area). The only thing that would make sense to me is taking over more of the backlot areas for any expansions. Not that you'll probably need any expansions after GE. I do kinda like the idea of an Indy land though...
Man this place was bad enough walking from ToT to the backlot tour. Now with GE your basically walking the Backlot Tour! My feet hurt just thinking about it. Maybe they'll repurpose the Tram shuttles into some sort of Star Wars shuttle? Give em the HP Hogwarts Express treatment? lol
I guess the one positive flow improvement is they have a small "loop" through GE and TSL. You just have to go to far end of the park to get to it.
I'd say I'd rather go to the DL GE but dang, that one is way back behind everything too in an already huge park! Maybe Disney should just have just made new dedicated gates for Star Wars? Well I guess the Studios needs the foot traffic but at least in DL, that place is going to be a crazy mob!

Per all reports ST will be rethemed to some other IP, OR it will be destroyed...with no clear decided on replacement

Yes, but the new entryway and rumored Star Wars hotel location will make it exceedingly challenging to push into current lots, as those two structures would be quite expensive and time consuming to move out of the way for another ride building.
Per source at WDWMagic.com martin here are the current agreed upon expansion pads at DHS

222AC79C-F976-4D2A-A3C9-03D5F02B9815.jpeg

the areas marked in red are the expansion areas - and clearly the parking lot is one area that can be expanded into

I'm guessing the teardrop in GE is space from the third ride that got scrapped?
That is space where a third attraction could go. The third attraction that got scrapped was a bantha transport thing. It wouldn’t have went there as far as I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter