• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any ideas on the new parking lot capacity for DHS once the paving is done? I remember a tram commentator talking about how it was 1/2 or 1/3 the size of the MK lot (although I think MK is also bigger now too) Also... why is there that huge grove of trees in the middle of the MK lot?

Any ideas on the new parking lot capacity for DHS once the paving is done? I remember a tram commentator talking about how it was 1/2 or 1/3 the size of the MK lot (although I think MK is also bigger now too) Also... why is there that huge grove of trees in the middle of the MK lot?
No idea on number of spaces added but you do have to remember some of that new expansion lot is CM parking.

As for MK that land is likely unsuitable for building which is why they built around it.

Well my thought was what if they already did that inside any of those huge structures. SWGE is HUGE but Star Tours by itself looks like it could easily fit in one of them. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the mountains so to speak had a gift shop inside and then they built the queue after the fact.

Well my thought was what if they already did that inside any of those huge structures. SWGE is HUGE but Star Tours by itself looks like it could easily fit in one of them. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the mountains so to speak had a gift shop inside and then they built the queue after the fact.
Nope. Those huge buildings are completely for the new rides.

This is Star Tours. Quite a sizable building.

Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 11.12.23 PM.png

Is there any talk of moving Star Tours within SWGE? Seems a bit weird to have it off a bit divided by muppets and pizzaRizzo
This has been talked about in other threads.
It would have been great, but once they decided to keep Muppets Courtyard (and not expand SWGE into it) ... that ship sailed.

Shame .. I think riding Star Tours .. and "landing" and exiting into the new planet would have been a great and fun alternative entrance to the land..

In reality, probably a reason they did that was financial. They couldn't shut down two more attractions and two restaurants to accommodate SWGE. The park simply then would have been WAY too small. So they kept an old, outdated attraction (Muppets) limping along until the park has some new attractions (TSL) and then summarily reduces its hours because it is so unpopular.

Is there any reason why they couldn't redo Muppets 3D at some point into a Star Wars 3D movie? It desperately needs updating and something like that would swallow a lot of people on a regular basis.

Is there any talk of moving Star Tours within SWGE? Seems a bit weird to have it off a bit divided by muppets and pizzaRizzo

No star tours is supposed to be rethemed eventually.

I don't think this is what happens. I think we see the eventual death of the muppets at DHS. The really telling thing - we did Muppets 3-D in August, and they litterally have next to zero muppets merchandise in the store. Now they cut PizzaRizzo (which they JUST built) to seasonal, and cut hours as Muppets 3-D? This all bodes poorly for that area. I think they don't have the money to do it now, but once Star Wars is an overwhelming success, they won't want to shut Star Tours down. Instead, they'll ask for (and get) the money to convert that area of the park. They'll shut muppets, PizzaRizzo and Mama Melrose down, and retheme this to a "entry port" for Black Spire Station. You then can ride Star Tours as your "entry" into the land. The former Muppets/Grand Avenue becomes some sort of Star Wars stage show in the theater, and another Star Wars restaurant.

I know no-one is saying this yet, but I bet it happens.

I don't think this is what happens. I think we see the eventual death of the muppets at DHS. The really telling thing - we did Muppets 3-D in August, and they litterally have next to zero muppets merchandise in the store. Now they cut PizzaRizzo (which they JUST built) to seasonal, and cut hours as Muppets 3-D? This all bodes poorly for that area. I think they don't have the money to do it now, but once Star Wars is an overwhelming success, they won't want to shut Star Tours down. Instead, they'll ask for (and get) the money to convert that area of the park. They'll shut muppets, PizzaRizzo and Mama Melrose down, and retheme this to a "entry port" for Black Spire Station. You then can ride Star Tours as your "entry" into the land. The former Muppets/Grand Avenue becomes some sort of Star Wars stage show in the theater, and another Star Wars restaurant.

I don’t agree with that. They have other expansion plots for SWGE built in.

I don’t agree with that. They have other expansion plots for SWGE built in.

You don't have to agree. Again, I have no evidence that they are doing it other than the shabby treatment the muppets are getting. The lack of merchandise to me is very telling as to what they plan to do with that IP.

You don't have to agree. Again, I have no evidence that they are doing it other than the shabby treatment the muppets are getting. The lack of merchandise to me is very telling as to what they plan to do with that IP.
I don't think they use Star Tours and the Muppets area for SW:GE. I don't think WDW is going to set Star Wars up as 1/2 the Park. I do think Star Tours and Muppets, and probably the IJ Stunt Show, will be combined into a new land. Maybe Indy, maybe something else. But I think Star Wars is going to be confined to SW:GE for quite a while.

I think the ship for making Muppets Courtyard into Star Wars has already left port. Until Star Wars GE . the area is just a dead end with an old attraction. While still fun (my son enjoyed it when he was 3) .. it is not something people are going out of their way for at DHS, so thus they are just shutting things down there for the near future.

But .. I do think that Muppets future in that area is in question .. especially if they don't have any merchandise! But, if they had other plans to get rid of the area, would they have sunk money into Pizza Rizzos and put back Miss Piggy in the fountain? There definitely may be shifting plans for that area.

I think the area will just be incorporated more into the new "Grand Avenue" area and they will just have a different (non-muppets) show in the theatre. (Considering they changed the sign so the Marquee can easily be changed while still retaining the Grand Avenue theme)

I'd agree that the muppet's days are numbered. I suggested that before the 3d diminished their hours. I'm betting there some blue sky ideas being discussed about the area. Star Wars seems like the low hanging fruit. As long as they don't go Chester and Hester on the area, I think anything will be welcome. That being said I don't think it will be the same level of detail in the theme as Galaxy's edge or Avatar. I don't know if Monsters inc is relevant enough but I could see that IP being a good fit with the mechanisms in the area. Perhaps an overlay. Move laugh floor from tomorrow land to the 3d theatre. Turn Star Tours into and adaptation of the Monsters Door Coaster. Character meal with Mike and Sully in the restaurant. I like Indy, I love the indy ride in Disneyland, but I'm not sure preserving the indy theatre is really the right move.

I'm not convinced that Indy land will ever happen, but it does seem inevitable to me that eventually the Indy stunt show closes and a new themed land takes over that area. I suppose it could extend into the parking area but a re-theming of Star Tours to whatever this new themed land is seems more likely. I wouldn't even be surprised to see it take over the entire Echo Lake area, re-theming the restaurants there, though I'd be sad to see Prime Time go.

You might not think it, but reliable source has said that it is, or at least was, the plan.

I don't know the number of spaces, but in area, MK is about 118 acres, MK was 55 acres and are adding 31 acres for a total of 86. Note that part of the new 31 acres will be used for the Star Wars hotel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter