• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Advice on 2 bedroom villa

Leahc117

Mouseketeer
Hello- we just purchased DVC last August and have our first stay in April. For our 2nd stay we booked a 2 bedroom at Riviera for Jan 2022. It will be my husband and I, our 3 kids (4,7,9) and my husbands parents. I got the standard view 5 nights for 220 points. I think the riviera 2 bedroom looks gorgeous and I like the pull down beds thinking that the kids will sleep better on a real mattress vs a pull out sofa.
We’ve discussed switching the reservation at 7 month as we could likely save points by moving almost anywhere else. Please let me know your favorite 2 bedrooms! We discussed OKW and ALK - not sure if we will have availability issues elsewhere. We like potential transportation from RIV - my MIL may have some issues with the walking but we will be taking it slowly so I don’t think she will mind taking busses or driving. My in-laws have not been to Disney in many years so while I would love to choose the perfect resort I think they will be amazed by any of them!

I like Kidani and Bay Lake Tower since they have an extra bathroom (3) where the other 2 bedrooms have 2 bathrooms. Makes a big difference, especially with a larger party.

I agree with above. The extra bathroom is key, especially with that many people. What about getting your in-laws a studio? That would give you more privacy.

I thought about 2 studios at the poly but that would take away from some of the gathering together in the living room/kitchen. I’m not super worried about privacy but the extra bathroom may be nice!!

I like Kidani and Bay Lake Tower since they have an extra bathroom (3) where the other 2 bedrooms have 2 bathrooms. Makes a big difference, especially with a larger party.

I second this recommendation. Kidani and BLT 2BRs definitely win when you have 7. They are larger than 2BRs in a number of the other resorts, have the third bathroom and have the extra pull-out twin-sized sleeper chair in the living room which is much better than those Murphy beds that pull down from the cabinet below the TV. BLT lake view with a high floor request and Kidani savanna view with a Sunset savanna view and near the Rafiki elevator requests (for easy access to pool) would be ideal.

Last edited:
I would keep RIV - Murphy bed way better than sleeper sofa - also OKW buildings (other than a few and not a bookable category unless you get handicap room) do not have elevators - while I personally love the resort, I don’t recommend it for anyone with mobility issues.

Hello- we just purchased DVC last August and have our first stay in April. For our 2nd stay we booked a 2 bedroom at Riviera for Jan 2022. It will be my husband and I, our 3 kids (4,7,9) and my husbands parents. I got the standard view 5 nights for 220 points. I think the riviera 2 bedroom looks gorgeous and I like the pull down beds thinking that the kids will sleep better on a real mattress vs a pull out sofa.
We’ve discussed switching the reservation at 7 month as we could likely save points by moving almost anywhere else. Please let me know your favorite 2 bedrooms! We discussed OKW and ALK - not sure if we will have availability issues elsewhere. We like potential transportation from RIV - my MIL may have some issues with the walking but we will be taking it slowly so I don’t think she will mind taking busses or driving. My in-laws have not been to Disney in many years so while I would love to choose the perfect resort I think they will be amazed by any of them!
We have stayed in a two bedroom three different times at GF. We very much enjoy being on the monorail. We do not always stay togeher as a group and sometimes split up. We enjoy being on the monorail for this reason. I can't speak to staying at Riveria as I have only toured but not stayed. It looks lovely but it is different as you are closer to Epcot and HS than the MK and monorail.

Kids at the ages of yours will be able to sleep anywhere, With 7, I would agree go with AK-K or BLT, the location is great and that 3rd bathroom could be a real life saver. Can't really go wrong with any choice. Have a great trip, and welcome home!!

If your first stay was not at Riviera, I would stay there. I absolutely loved staying there and your kids will get spoiled by the murphy beds. OKW has the most room and great balcony space. I think for the points - you could consider 3 bedroom at OKW - but it is 2 level, and may not be available at 7 months. Honestly, you will be happy with any 2 bedroom at any of the resorts though. Your in-laws are in for a treat!

Most of the buildings at OKW do not have elevators. If your MIL has difficulty doing stairs, you'd need to be in a first floor villa or one of the three buildings with an elevator (62, 63 and 64). SSR does have the newer murphy beds like RIV and has elevators for every building. You are very close to Disney Springs.

We own @ Kidani and I luv the Bathrooms and the drive under parking, and we just Stayed at the Riviera for Thanksgiving week on a Rescue stay from DVC and i wasn't that impressed if i was ranking my top 3 would be:
1. BLT, being able to walk to MK and take the Monorail ( when running again) to Epcot as well Top of the World and 3rd bathroom
2. OKW - being the largest rooms on property it helps when kid bring friends down and we can fill living room with multiple air matrasses, we always request 1st floor and building 60 or higher for the Laundry room door into Master Bath just stayed there 2 weeks and the rooms need a refresh. - btw OKW is the lowest points on prop.
3 Kidani - like i said we own here

we are going to do Tree house villas for first time next Thanks Giving and we are booked BLT for 7/3-7/11 praying we have fireworks back by then

2. OKW - being the largest rooms on property it helps when kid bring friends down and we can fill living room with multiple air matrasses, we always request 1st floor and building 60 or higher for the Laundry room door into Master Bath just stayed there 2 weeks and the rooms need a refresh. - btw OKW is the lowest points on prop.
we are going to do Tree house villas for first time next Thanks Giving and we are booked BLT for 7/3-7/11 praying we have fireworks back by then
OKW just completed a full renovation about two years ago. No refresh for four years or more. We've stayed there multiple times. Our only issue is that they keep taking the Key West out of Old Key West. Now it just resembles an All Stars Hampton Inn. I hate the cartoon pictures on the walls. If you want a one or two bedroom villa with the door through the laundry room, you need a building 30 or higher, not 60 or higher. There are only three building higher than 60 (and no 60) - 62, 63 and 64.

The only issue with THV that I find is there is no King sized bed. Only two queens, a set of bunks, one queen sleeper sofa and one twin sleeper chair.

OKW just completed a full renovation about two years ago. No refresh for four years or more. We've stayed there multiple times. Our only issue is that they keep taking the Key West out of Old Key West. Now it just resembles an All Stars Hampton Inn. I hate the cartoon pictures on the walls. If you want a one or two bedroom villa with the door through the laundry room, you need a building 30 or higher, not 60 or higher. There are only three building higher than 60 (and no 60) - 62, 63 and 64.

The only issue with THV that I find is there is no King sized bed. Only two queens, a set of bunks, one queen sleeper sofa and one twin sleeper chair.
the Renovation was started in 2017 and finished in 2018 - 3-4 years is along time for soft goods

the Renovation was started in 2017 and finished in 2018 - 3-4 years is along time for soft goods
Didn't end in 2018. It was completed in 2019. So less than two years since completion. We stayed in Dec 2018 and the studio was not renovated yet.

Didn't end in 2018. It was completed in 2019. So less than two years since completion. We stayed in Dec 2018 and the studio was not renovated yet.
either way it is run down and needs a soft good renovation. when did you last stay there?

I love the AKL for the savannah view , and the BWV for proximity to two parks .

Yeah, well, when DVC was created in the 1990s they decided the villas would get soft goods renovations every 12 years and full renovations (new appliances, etc.) every 25 years. Yes, really! In 2016 or so they decided to shorten the timeframes, so now we get new soft goods every 7 years and hard goods every 14!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter