Advice appreciated

lonegirl

Mouseketeer
hey there,
We have always stayed moderate and I’d like to splurge and treat us to a deluxe resort this fall. I will be traveling with my three sons, 16, 14, and 10. They love Epcot, so I’m leaning towards those deluxe resorts, but I’m not sure on bedding options? I can still sleep in a queen with 10year old, but 14 & 16 year olds are not too keen on sleeping together. Ideas?

Also, love the idea of being in walking distance to great food in World Showcase

I believe the Beach Club and the Yacht Club both have two queens and a daybed in the room... then you’d have three sleeping areas. You can always pack an air mattress as well... have the two older ones switch off every other night.

I believe the Beach Club and the Yacht Club both have two queens and a daybed in the room... then you’d have three sleeping areas. You can always pack an air mattress as well... have the two older ones switch off every other night.

They do. However Boardwalk has them too and actually has a higher percentage of rooms with a daybed than both YC and BC.

They do. However Boardwalk has them too and actually has a higher percentage of rooms with a daybed than both YC and BC.

You’re right, but the Boardwalk has the scary clown pool! Eek! :scared:

Just kidding, it’s a beautiful resort!

You could always consider the Swan or Dolphin which seems to be a bit cheaper, but not Disney themed. I'm not sure of their bed situations.

OP would be hard pressed to find a BWV or BCV studio for the fall. There just aren’t any available to book at this point.

Just did a quick search a a 1 br. BWV is available 2nd week of November. Not sure of OP’s dates, but I’m happy to keep looking.

ETA - Studio and 1 br available BWV Last week of October AND 3rd week in November as well.

Beach Club Villas also have availability if desired. Plenty of options. Good luck deciding, OP!

:-)

Last edited:
WOULD you spend the money to be walking distance to Epcot? We are French Quarter veterans, but I’ve always wanted to deluxe...but that $1700 difference is a bitter pill.
Beach better than Boardwalk?
Ugh!

Just did a quick search a a 1 br. BWV is available 2nd week of November. Not sure of OP’s dates, but I’m happy to keep looking.

ETA - Studio and 1 br available BWV Last week of October AND 3rd week in November as well.

Beach Club Villas also have availability if desired. Plenty of options. Good luck deciding, OP!

:-)
1 BRs at BWV and BCV do not have a 3rd sleep surface. They have a king bed in n the bedroom and a queen sleeper sofa in the living room. OP’s older sons don’t want to share a bed.

WOULD you spend the money to be walking distance to Epcot? We are French Quarter veterans, but I’ve always wanted to deluxe...but that $1700 difference is a bitter pill.
Ugh!

We are traveling Early October by the way.
BW is close to both Epcot and HS. Both are within an easy walking distance. BC is closer to Epcot.

Rooms are about the same at each. I think the views from the BWV villas are better than BCV’s.

BCV has arguably the better pool and onsite dining options.

Honestly, you cannot go wrong with either but $1700 is a lot of money. My decision would be based on how long I was staying. Three nights? No. Two weeks? Yes.

1 BRs at BWV and BCV do not have a 3rd sleep surface. They have a king bed in n the bedroom and a queen sleeper sofa in the living room. OP’s older sons don’t want to share a bed.

Luckily there are plenty of Studios available! :thumbsup2

Another option you have is Caribbean Beach Resort with an extra bed... and the gondolas will take you right to the International Gateway.

Ugh!

We LOVE the EP resorts, however, $1700 is a lot of money. As PP suggested, perhaps look into a 5th sleeper room at CBR so you will, presumably by October, have gondola access. Sometimes, when pricing out resorts, I book a cheaper option that doesn't have the best proximity to the parks and use that savings toward Minnie Vans. I still come out ahead.

You might find BWV DVC villas available on the Disney Reservation Center site for rack rate, but you won't find them for DVC points. Way too late for that.

You might find BWV DVC villas available on the Disney Reservation Center site for rack rate, but you won't find them for DVC points. Way too late for that.

That’s exactly where I found them! She didn’t state she was a DVC owner, so I checked the cash site.

WOULD you spend the money to be walking distance to Epcot?

I can't speak to whether or not you feel it's worth the extra money to stay there but there are also more dining options within walking distance: Boardwalk, YC/BC, Epcot, Swan & Dolphin in all price points both TS/CS. And at YC/BC the pool is awesome. We usually use the quiet pool at BWI so I can't speak to the scary clown. It is worth it to us for the proximity, interior corridors, theming, larger rooms and dining but you'll have to determine that for yourself. I just wanted to point out that the potential benefits are more than just walking distance to Epcot and a short boat ride (or longer walk) to HS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter