Advice appreciated

Would I pay 1700 to walk to EPCOT... that is a personal preference -- for the record we own DVC and out of the 16 years we have owned we have stayed in the BW area once but will again this year because I like illuminations ROE and this is the last year-- I find those resorts to be a lot more walking than I care for to get to the places I want to be -- they do have upsides as well as the BW area is nice but is lacking for CS options. As other have pointed out of you like a pool slide well the clown pool is it....Not the longest but far the fastest and most fun. If you are planning on visiting the countries in EPCOT a lot and staying most nights to see ROE than it is a great choice... if you want to be where the actual rides are in EPCOT well it is a hike. BTW I work in NYC and walk a LOT so walking does not bother me it was always the constant rush walk to go from the international gateway to the other side and back again to leave. I would much rather take a bus or monorail to the front. but this is my opinion.

Ooh, that’s a tough one for me... I really like the slide at Wilderness Lodge...

Not trying to put this slide down I love wilderness lodge for many reasons and would stay there a lot more but we think the slide is not so good and that is the main reason my vote does not count as much... am I missing something? maybe there is guy up there giving people a push now...

Be forwarned thou upgrading can have its consequences like you we are veterans of FQ and I love the place. But for our 5th trip I upgraded to deluxe the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I have created monsters both of the girls have told me that they cannot go back to moderates they have been bitten by the deluxe bug. For trip #6 in 2021 they want the Poly. Sigh they usually win.

hey there,
We have always stayed moderate and I’d like to splurge and treat us to a deluxe resort this fall. I will be traveling with my three sons, 16, 14, and 10. They love Epcot, so I’m leaning towards those deluxe resorts, but I’m not sure on bedding options? I can still sleep in a queen with 10year old, but 14 & 16 year olds are not too keen on sleeping together. Ideas?

Also, love the idea of being in walking distance to great food in World Showcase

The YC/BC is my favorite resort! To me the extra money is worth it for the ease of getting to Epcot and HS. Those little things make me enjoy the vacation so much more. You can request a room with a daybed...I have a boy and a girl who don’t share. We have always gotten our daybed request. If they can’t accommodate you and you have one of the rooms without a daybed, they will give you a rollaway bed free of charge.

OP...if you book a regular YC/ BC room, call to put a request on your reservation for the sleeper sofa. They are NOT in all rooms. We had stayed at BC over a dozen times always having that sofa, then three trips ago( the first time we were really counting on using it) there wasn't one in the room. Just put a request in, although it isn't guaranteed, most of the time, if that's your only request they will try to accommodate! Have an amazing trip:)

hey there,
We have always stayed moderate and I’d like to splurge and treat us to a deluxe resort this fall. I will be traveling with my three sons, 16, 14, and 10. They love Epcot, so I’m leaning towards those deluxe resorts, but I’m not sure on bedding options? I can still sleep in a queen with 10year old, but 14 & 16 year olds are not too keen on sleeping together. Ideas?

Also, love the idea of being in walking distance to great food in World Showcase
Consider leaving one at home if they are willing to foul up a Disney vaca because of sleeping arrangements.

Would I pay 1700 to walk to EPCOT... that is a personal preference -- for the record we own DVC and out of the 16 years we have owned we have stayed in the BW area once but will again this year because I like illuminations ROE and this is the last year-- I find those resorts to be a lot more walking than I care for to get to the places I want to be -- they do have upsides as well as the BW area is nice but is lacking for CS options. As other have pointed out of you like a pool slide well the clown pool is it....Not the longest but far the fastest and most fun. If you are planning on visiting the countries in EPCOT a lot and staying most nights to see ROE than it is a great choice... if you want to be where the actual rides are in EPCOT well it is a hike. BTW I work in NYC and walk a LOT so walking does not bother me it was always the constant rush walk to go from the international gateway to the other side and back again to leave. I would much rather take a bus or monorail to the front. but this is my opinion.

Not trying to put this slide down I love wilderness lodge for many reasons and would stay there a lot more but we think the slide is not so good and that is the main reason my vote does not count as much... am I missing something? maybe there is guy up there giving people a push now...

I just love the Wilderness Lodge vibe, and the view of the lake... so it’s a whole ambiance thing more than the actual slide for me.

Our teens would not sleep in the same bed either, so I understand.

We have stayed at YC and BWI and requested a daybed. We have gotten a room with a daybed each time. The daybeds are super comfy.

For us staying at one of the EPCOT resorts has been our go to for the last several years. We really like to be able to walk to DS and EPCOT. As I age, the buses are less and less appealing. For us it's worth it.

Dont know....early October....F&W, Halloween Party, Star Wars open....question is--have u checked availability for the EP resorts? I can't imagine there is that much inventory at this point. In any case, my vote goes to BWI standard and ask for garden view or quiet pool view. I think your boys would like being on the Boardwalk....and easy walk to EP and HS

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!