Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR *COMPLETE* 9/10 **NEW** Italy ABD TR link posted 9/29

Great report and great wrap-up! :thumbsup2

So many amazing nighttime MK pictures! He was really getting as much use out of that camera and tripod as possible. Very pretty shots.

Ah, the stroller/ankle thing! :sad2: I totally agree - she shouldn't have reacted like she did, given that you apologized and she was standing in the middle of a flowing crowd. I once had someone at the zoo ram the back of my leg really hard with their stroller and it wasn't even crowded. I was limping around for a while after that and still didn't chew her out (she did not apologize or even acknowledge). Your situation was totally different. Accidents happen.

Glad that you had a good travel day and a worthwhile short trip.

Can't believe you're leaving so soon on your big Italy/Paris trip! So exciting and I can't wait to hear all about it! Have a great time! :goodvibes

Wow, that was one productive day! It's good to hear that Paxton handled it all well. I can only dream that Landon will be that cooperative when he's that age.:rotfl2:

Ahh, you got to meet Marissa! I'm jealous, she's a DISer I'd love to meet one day.

A 12 hour drive home sounds rough, but completely worth it when you got to spend two days at Disney. It's great that that trip worked out for you all, because it sounds like it was fun and new.

In case I'm not on here before Sunday, have a great time in Italy! I hope it's an amazing experience and the podcasters keep you entertained.:lmao:

Oh, I just have to say, all your talk about October has me really thinking. I've only done weekend trips during that time, and from what I could tell, it was a nice time to be there. But when you said it's even better than May, I have seriously began thinking about pushing an early 2016 vacation back to the fall. Your talk of low crowds and mild weather have been convincing!:rotfl:

Ugh people are so rude sometimes! I probably would've reacted the same way as you, especially if I already apologized!

Great parade pictures :) And I love all the night shots DH took as well!

That's awesome that DS survived the late night!

I'm glad the ride home was smooth as can be!

Have an AMAZING time in Italy! :yay::yay::yay: Count me in as wanting the link to that TR, would love to hear all about it!

Sorry about that rude woman you encountered. It is always hard with the strollers in the crowd and it is usually easy to tell the people that are trying their best to avoid people and those that don't care ... other than an apology what did she want? :confused3

That is great that your son asked to be photographed by the fountain ... much better than my kids who informed me there were going to "play" in the fountain and before I could react they were elbow deep in the water :lmao:

Glad you got that DISmeet in even if short :goodvibes

Great parade photos. I think my favorite part is the characters that have lights on their outfits, just so unique to that parade.

And so great that your son did well with the late night

Lastly, I am like in love with this photo - so pretty!
14973711098_8d4e79f427_c.jpg

Good call on just keeping moving and not letting Miss Snappy Pants get to you. Being Canadian, I tend to apologize even when it's not my fault, so when ever something happens like that, a quick apology is totally enough. If the person chooses not to accept it, that's on them.

Oh my, anything Tremaine family is pure gold.

Yay what a nice DISmeet with Marissa. Honestly, I'm not sure you even need to text for meets anymore. You always seem to be in the right place.

The castle reflection photo spot has to be my favourite spot. It's funny how many people pass it by UNTIL they spot someone taking photos from there. Then EVERYONE wants to. It's kind of a fun game to play actually. And seriously, the only thing better than one castle is TWO castles.

Superb wrap up and so informative. I'm so glad you were able to do his short trip, and wow, did you ever pack in a lot. I am absolutely wanting to hear about your upcoming Italy trip and of course DLP!!!! Have a fabulous time!!!

Thanks for sharing another wonderful trip to WDW - amazing photos, as always! :lovestruc

And hope you have a great trip to Italy.. you're so close now! :woohoo:

Emma x

Pretty sure Prince Charming and Cinderella in the coach was part of Spectromagic. Damn I miss that parade!

Ugh, your pictures leave me SOOO torn. We are planning our trip for next August, and we want to use our new DVC points to try some new resorts. I want to split-stay the trip and do half at BCV, but the other half I am torn between BLT and WLV. The trip will fall in a super-low point season, so I know I should go with a chance to do BLT when the points to do it are really low, but dang I really, really, really want to stay at WL!

It's so beautiful I just love it, and I actually sort of hate the Contemporary decor, but *being on the monorail*! Ugh. (I know, we live such a tough, tough life having to make decisions such as these.) What would you do having been to WLV? Would you want to try the monorail resort, or did you like WLV so much you just want to go back.

Finally, it looks like the trip to Baton Rouge is definitely (well 99%) canceled, so I won't be down there while you are away or any other time soon.

Someday we shall meet up! Enjoy your awesome trip. I see Pete and Dustin and Kevin all converging on Italy already.

Loved your TR! Such great photos - props to your DH. The last picture of Wishes was just beautiful! I'd love to read your Italy TR!

The lady definitely overreacted, my goodness. I highly doubt it deserved that kind of negative energy. Sheesh.

As usual, the pictures are great! I love the ones that show y'all's reactions. :)

It's funny to hear your side of our meet! I hadn't read your latest text yet when you found me, so I was just looking for y'all as planned, haha! I think Mary Ellen said it best, you have the eagle eye when it comes to spotting DISers! :laughing:

I'm so glad we got to meet, even for such a brief time! Paxton was so sweet. I remember asking him, 'how are you' and he said, 'I'm three!' Too cute!

I'm glad y'all had a good trip overall and were able to make it happen! Have an amazing time in Europe, ahhh!!! And count me in on that TR!

Aw sorry to see this TR wrapped up! Love how excited Paxton is for everything. THat late night is impressive!! We are going to attempt a late(R) night than usual for MNSSHP, but none of use are good about staying up late so we will see how it goes!! The parade & castle show are always a good late distraction though!

WL is beautiful. Cute that Paxton was always excited to take the bus! LOL I hope Aria never gets excited for that, though the poor thing is obsessed with school buses, and she will probably never ride one as she is going to go to a private school unless we move...

Anyway great wrap up - and hAve an AMAZING TIME IN ITALY!! Woohoo!! I started my TR for august but I guess it will be a while before you have a free moment LOL!

Beautiful parade pics.

His photos in Philharmagic came out really nice.

He certainly was happy on those teacups. LOL.

Gorgeous fireworks pics.

You were more gracious than I would have been to the lady.

Again beautiful parade pics.

Jealous of his nighttime pics. I wish I could take such good ones.

Great wrap up and thanks for sharing the trip with us, it looked like a great one.

Have a great time in Italy (we leave Thursday) and we can compare notes. LOl.

Kudos again to your DH for the amazing Celebrate the Magic and Wishes photos. And so many of the EMH shots were breathtaking! I can't imagine how you ever choose photos to frame/put in photobooks after your trips!

Wow that lady's response seemed pretty unmagical. I have been hit in the heels many times myself but we have all done it to others too. Your apology should have been enough. Especially considering she was standing in a walking area after Wishes ended. Really what did she expect?

Love DS asking for a picture by the fountain. Its cute to see what they deem picture worthy. And I am very happy that your late night went without any meltdowns...always a plus!

Enjoy your ABD trip! Is it just you and DH or is Paxton coming too? I would love a friendly reminder once you get that TR going. Hope you are able to share some on Instagram too!

Sorry I have not had time to get to replies but it's been a busy busy day getting everything ready! DH and I head out on our ABD trip tomorrow afternoon! Just wanted to post a reminder about my Instagram account since I'll hopefully be posting some pics whenever I have wifi. My user name is disneymom1024 if you'd like to check them out. Arrivederci!

All caught up! What a great TR! It was a short trip but you really packed a lot of stuff in there! All of your DH's pictures are so good!

Have a great time in Italy!!! Will definitely be interested in reading that TR.

Wonderful pictures as always and great wrap-up. I enjoyed your TR as always. Please include me on the list to read your Italy TR. I'll be checking your Instagram for pictures. I hope you are having a wonderful trip!! :)

The FoF pictures make me so happy!!! I'm seriously obsessed with that parade. I couldn't even tell you what my favorite part is. I love it all.

So sad the PeopleMover wasn't running when I went :(

Yeah, your DH should have set up the Photopass shot and then ran to get in the picture :rotfl:

Such perfect Wishes photos!!

I LOVE the photo of my...erm, Belle's castle all lit up!

OH haha this reminds me. I was talking to one of my friends and he said that he went to Disney once in second grade and stayed at the "Bear Lodge." :rotfl: close enough!! I was very jealous. That lobby is so gorgeous.

I am definitely impressed with DS on that ride home, I get a lot crankier than that on shorter car rides :lmao:

YOU ARE IN ITALY RIGHT NOW!!!! I am so excited for you, I know you're having the time of your life! Definitely send me the link, I'd love to read about it and see if I went to the same places you did :)

Thanks for another wonderful TR!!! Your family is so precious and I love reading about your adventures. It's been so awesome getting to know you and I really hope we can have a DISmeet one day!!!

Now, I try VERY hard to be careful and cognizant of people around me when I’m pushing the stroller, but sometimes accidents happen, especially when it’s a mad rush in one direction. I immediately apologized, but this lady was having none of it. She snapped at me, “I’m trying to stand here!” So I’ll admit, I wasn’t the nicest when I snapped back, “Well, that’s the problem, you’re just standing in the middle of the street while people are trying to move!”
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: Yeah, I'd have felt bad about it right up to the point that she snapped at me as I was apologizing. At that point, the guilt is gone and it is totally justified. :thumbsup2

We people-watched until the next show, and a man next to us even laid down on the street in front of us and used his backpack as a pillow to take a nap!
I've always wanted to just find someplace to take a nap in the parks. I guess that solves my problem!

I was able to get a quick selfie before he started crying and saying he wanted to ride Dumbo instead. Sorry, buddy, too late to change your mind!
:lmao: Yeah, those rides are so much different. It is a total letdown to have to ride the wrong one.

I asked DS if he wanted to stop to see Mickey and he said no.
Poor boy must have been exhausted.

I was SO impressed with how wonderfully he had done with the late night! Not a single tear or meltdown, which I had been a little worried about. And he was enjoying everything, not passed out in the stroller.
That is great!

Ok, he took a lot of great night pictures, but I've got to say that this one is my favorite.

It looks like it was a really great trip. I'm glad that Paxton did well with everything, aside from BTMRR. He definitely deserves a ton of credit for being so good on a long day in the MK and then tolerating the long drive home.

I definitely want to read about your Italy trip, and of course, see the pictures your DH takes. I hope you're having a great time! :thumbsup2

Ciao Bella!!!!

Hope you guys are having a great time in Italy! I'm very jealous.::yes:: Can't wait to read all about it.

Great final thoughts!

Yay for Paxton making it up so late. He did great.

You got to meet Marissa! :cool1: How awesome. Looks like I just missed a bunch of people in May.

Love all the night time shots. I am so jealous of that coffin picture of the ballroom picture. I just don't think my ISO goes low enough to capture that. Oh - and the wall paper. NICE!

Do pm me when you start your next TR or I'll never find it. Really looking forward to that one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter