• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adventurers Club?

aubriee

<font color=brown><marquee>Chocolate always makes
Can someone please tell me anything about the Adventurer Club and if you would feel comfortable going there solo? Also what about the Comedy Club solo? Thanks!

Adventurers Club is my all-time favorite! You would be perfectly fine going there solo! Actually, you might stand a better shot of finding somebody to hang with there as there is no loud music and it is very casual. Plus, if you enjoy that style of humor and they do as well, then you are really going to enjoy yourself! Kongaloosh! Best of luck!

DH loves the Adventurer's Club as do I, but he, being a theater person, loves it more! He was actually picked to be in the "Jump Up for Jinkies Radio Show" our very first visit and instantly went into character. He is so proud of his "official" AC pin they gave him. It really isn't a bar in that sense of the word and there are lots of folks there to mingle with even if you don't know them...plus the decor is...well, an adventure all of it's own...be sure to look around.

I think if you are even remotely interested in having a fun time without kids and enjoy impromptu "skits" then you'll have a great time!

The times I have gone solo to the Adventurers club and the Comedy Warehouse I quickly learned that they don't let you feel like you are solo. You will be totally comfortable and you will have a blast

As others have said, the Adventurers Club is a perfect place to go solo. There is so much entertainment going on all around you, and so many chances to interact with the actors. Plus, if you are the least bit social, you will have tons of chances to meet new people. Lots of us locals love to spend the evening there, often solo, and are always up for making new friends.

The Comedy Warehouse is great for solos too. It's a very interactive show, and the crowd is generally in a great mood and having a wonderful time. I'm the type of person who doesn't really like going to clubs alone, but I can happily pass an entire evening by myself going back and forth between those two clubs. Have fun!!

Last time I was there I had a blast!! I was on spring break from my 1st year in college, and out by myself and just enjoying. I walked into the main area drinking a coke (nothing in it since I was 19) and wearing a bright orange hawaiian shirt (my school colors are orange and brown so I didn't think it that bad). The puppet in the wall instantly spotted me and started to harass me. Finally he asked me what I did, and I said college student. Naturally he asked the next question and I told him I was a Music Education major. They wouldn't let me leave until I taught a song to the entire club! I'm just glad that with my Boy Scout Camp Staff background I knew a quick and easy song to teach or I'm sure I would not have heard the end of it all night. That was a lot of fun. Still have the adventurer's club pin! I can't wait to go back!!!

Oh Gosh, you gotta go. Never the same "cloob" twice! I went there solo my first time back since 1998! I had a ball. Met my fiance at PI that very night. He's an ADVClub freak as well. A match made in heaven, I'd say! But I was fine on my own, no problem. We just bought a home in Celebration and I swear it's not because of Disney or the Adventurers Club! Ha....!!!!

FUNNY STORY: We were just up this weekend. After having been at the club the night before, we were at Boardwalk, making our way to the back entrance of EPCOT. Well, there he was, in all his golden-tight and powdered wig glory....my FAVORITE Hathaway Brown dressed up as one of the royal subjects at a wedding ceremony about to begin at Sunset Point! The neat thing about lots of the cast members at AC is, once you really get to know them, you will see them in different costumes around the parks, playing different roles. I spotted Pamelia Perkins as the bird lady at Flights of Wonder at AK! Too cool. We were so tempted to distract him and give him the club salute, but he was focused, and we didn't want to piss him off!!! It's a respect thing among club members!

this place sounds great fun.I'm a bit of a shy person though,will i run screaming from the building or is everyone kind to the quiet ones in the corner? :rolleyes1

brer rabbit 28 said:
this place sounds great fun.I'm a bit of a shy person though,will i run screaming from the building or is everyone kind to the quiet ones in the corner? :rolleyes1

I am generally pretty shy and quiet, and have gone to the AC a couple times solo. Its fine, I had no problems, and its tons of fun. I'm not really one to mingle with others, but I had a good time. I'm just looking foward to June, when I'll be able to stay for the late shows without worrying about having to drive back home without being too tired the enxt day or so.

I had to earn my pin. Being a music major they made me teach the club a song. Thank God for Tarzan of the Apes!

I've been there often enough that I get harassed for being the quiet one in the corner.

But if you're new, they'll be nice to you.

I definitely had to earn my pin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter