• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adults favorite rides & attractions

Some of my favorites:

Magic Kingdom
Haunted Mansion
Pirates of the Caribbean
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain
Spectromagic
Wishes
Philharmagic
Buzz Lightyear

Epcot
Spaceship Earth
Mission: Space
El Rio del Tiempo
Impressions de France
Living Seas (love the manatees!)
Off Kilter (they count as an attraction, don't they? ;) )

MGM
Tower of Terror
RocknRoller Coaster
Great Movie Ride
Walt Disney: One Man's Dream
Muppets 3D

Animal Kingdom
Kilimanjaro Safari
Pangani Forest Trail
Maharajah Jungle Trek

A few of my favorites:

Magic Kingdom
Haunted Mansion
Splash Mountain
BTMR
Pirates
Jungle Cruise
CoP
(was Mr. Toad and 20K)

Epcot
Test Track
Spaceship Earth
Living Seas
Maelstrom
World Showcase Players
Illuminations
(was original Journey Into Imagination, World of Motion, Horizons)

MGM
Great Movie Ride
ToT
RNRC
Star Tours
Fantasmic
(was Superstar Television and Monster Sound Show)

AK
Kilimanjaro Safari
Dinosaur
Kali

My favorites are Pirates, Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Small World, Space Mountain, Spaceship Earth, and Dinosaur. I haven't seen some of the ones that opened more recently, so I'm sure there are more to add.

It's funny that Haunted Mansion is now one of my favorites... back when I was little (probably about 6), I remember begging my parents to go on the Haunted Mansion at night, promising that I wouldn't be scared... and then chickening out dramatically and having to back out at the last second with my mom!! I stood there crying, all freaked out, while we waited outside the attraction for my dad & brave older sister to ride. Silly little me!

Now, I don't even think the HM is scary! (though, ok, I do get a chill or two...) :blush:

Here is my favorites list of attractions at MK and Epcot in order of preference:

Magic Kingdom:
--------------
1. Haunted Mansion - from reading the tombstones outside to the stretching walls, through the library of famous ghosts, through the hall of dancing spirits, to the singing busts, and ending with the hitchhiking ghost, this attraction from start to finish is phenomenal.

2. Pirates of the Caribbean - the chill that you get when you enter the first cavern sets the mood for a fantastic ride through a pirate ship battle all the way to the burning village. I always am saddened when I reach the treasure room and know it is over. I always take note of the pirate sitting on the overpass with his leg hanging over the bridge. His dirty barefoot with hair on his leg looks so real!

3. Mickeys Philharmagic - Wow! Brings a tear to your eye the way they mix the characters of the movies together. The little mermaid, peter pan, and aladdin portions are really strong. Not so crazy about the lion king portion.

4. Carousel of Progress - A classic! After all, it was Walts original idea.

5. Tiki Bird House - I still remember thinking it was raining outside when I went on this attraction as a kid.

6. Timekeeper - Jules Vern! This is just a really well done movie that tells a great story.

7. Peter Pan - The part where your vehicle goes over the city and the city gets smaller is so priceless.

Epcot:
-----
1. Spaceship Earth - The smell of cinder during the middle ages is fantastic. The whole story of progress up until the climax of seeing the earth at the top of the ride is fantastic!

2. Ellen's Energy Ride - What a great attraction! From Ellen's introduction through the land of dinosaurs, such a great ride. The first room of dinosaurs with the lighting of the sky, the steam coming off their nostrils, etc. is amazing.

3. Maelstrom - the mystique associated with the vikings and the trolls is great. I enjoy the Norway movie afterwards and then looking at the furry headed trolls in the gift shop afterwards!

4. Rio del Tiempo - The ambience of the first room with the restaurant to your right and the temple to your left is awesome. The lava and smoke coming from the temple is great!

5. Test Track - the sensation when you shoot out those doors into the light and speed around the track getting faster and faster is great!

Goofy's favorite rides/attractions:
MK:
Jungle Cruise
Pirates
Big Thunder RR
Tomorrowland Transit
SpectroMagic
Fireworks
*as a musician, I REALLY want to see Philharmagic!! wasn't open last trip

Epcot:
Spaceship Earth
Ellen's Energy Adventure
Test Track
The Land
Living with the Land
Illuminations
El Rio del Tiempo
American Adventure
*Must do Mission:SPACE, Soarin' and Journey into Imaginaton w/Figgy as those weren't open last trip

MGM:
Great Movie Ride
Indiana Jones
Star Tours
Muppets 3D
Rockin Roller Coaster (coaster junkie)
Tower of Terror
Fantasmic (Best night show in Disney)

Animal Kingdom:
Kilimanjaro Safari
Tree of Life
(Not my favorite park, but still enjoy going)

Not Theme Parks, but still enjoyable:
Fort Wilderness; I love the campground, Pioneer Hall is IMO the best meal in WDW
Shark Reef
DTD
DisneyQuest
Pleasure Island!!! Love the Adventure's Club, the West End Stage and the New Years Celebration everynight!

I like Mission: SPACE, Fantasmic, and Mickey's PhilharMagic. :banana: TL and BB are great and I can't wait to go on the new TL ride! Some other favorites that deserve to be mentioned are the Flights of Wonder, the Sassagoula boat ride, and the Comedy Warehouse, not to mention the old Pleasure Island Jazz Company. :cool1:

ToT
Festival of the Lion King
Great Movie Ride
Honey I Shrunk the Audience
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Beauty and the Beast
Fantasmic

I also enjoy just walking around WS. I haven't been since 99, so I haven't been on any of the newer attractions, but I'm defienatly looking foward to riding Mission Space, Test Track, Rocking Roller Coaster, Phillarmagic, and seeing the new parades.

My favorites are Dumbo (I cant help it), Haunted Mansion, ToT, Pirates of the Caribbean, Spaceship earth and all the fireworks shows!!

Just got back... a new favorite is Flights of Wonder at AK. The humor and the environmentalism isn't overdone, and at 20 minutes, the show allows for a nice break from touring that won't screw up the schedule. I went back for a second show just to sit in the flight path of the eagle owl - wow!

Magic Kingdom
ALL 3 Mountains
POTC
Buzz Lightyear
COP
Watching Cosmic Ray while eating,

Epcot
Mission Space
Test Track
Spaceship Earth
Food Rocks when it was still there :mad:
all the 360 films in World Showcase
Illuminations

MGM
ToT
RnRC
Mupppets 3D/4D
Great Movie Ride
Little Mermaid
Fantasmic

AK
Kilamanjaro Safaris
Dinosaur
It's A Bug's Life
(This is my least favorite park)

Magic Kingdom:
All the mountains
Haunted Mansion
Peter Pan
People Mover
Buzz Lightyear
Pirates of the Carribean
not a ride but I love the Tiki Room and the Country Bear Jamboree!

Epcot:
Mission Space
Test Track
(single riders line on these rides are awesome!)
SpaceShip Earth
Have a feeling that Soarin' will be on my list this year as well

MGM
TOT
Great Movie Ride
used to love the animation tour when the animators were there
Muppets...still love feeling like a kid

Animal Kingdom
K.S.
Rapids

Love this thread!! :earsgirl:

Excluding the parades, evening finales, and tours with an additional charge:

Carousel of Progress
Timekeeper
Mickey's PhilharMagic
Pirates of the Caribbean
Haunted Mansion

Spaceship Earth
Wandering through World Showcase

Beauty & the Beast

I like a number of other attractions, but these tend to be my favourites.

#1) Pirates OTC- All time favorite hands down.

#2) Test Track- The interior is sweet with all the random GM car parts lying around and the ride is fast.

#3) Spaceship Earth- Anything that chronicles the history of mankinds ability to communicate is OK by me since I'm a big fan of technology and progress (Engineer).

:flower: My top 3 favorite rides are: :flower:
~ Tomorrowland Transit Authority :teeth:
~ Splash Mountain :cloud9:
~ Spaceship Earth :goodvibes
I am a huge advocate of the slower Disney classic rides/attractions. After all, that's what Disney does best! ::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter