Adulting is Hard, So I'm Running Away! ~ An Oct 2016 PTR ~ Update 10/19: Peace Out, Yo!

Billie,

Sunday's a comin'! Looking forward to seeing how it all pans out for you. I was so, so super happy with the way mine all worked out! I have a great line up a ton of places I've never tried. I hope you get all of your luscious, yummy places- your line-up is perfect!
Yay, I'm so happy for you! I hope some of your luck comes my way! And you're right... My line-up IS perfect! I'm so ready to eat ALL the things! :cutie:

How do you know what size you'll be!!?!?!?!?!? your not going to win this..
you WILL look awesome and you WILL need all those smaller clothes.. BUT you can buy tee's i love BIGGER tee-shirts.
It's funny you say that. I've decided to just stick to tees and shorts/capris for this trip. It'll just be easier, because you're right, if the tees are loose-fitting because I've lost weight, no big deal. I won't lose enough in the next 6 months for them to be falling off of me or anything, so it'll be fine! I've already planned out what I'm wearing the whole week, figured out what I'm bringing that I already own, and what I still need to buy! And the plan is that whatever I buy, get it so that it's snug on me now. That way by October, it'll fit better! :thumbsup2

ADR DAY IN JUST 2 DAYS!!!
I KNOW OMG OMG OMG! :hyper:

Almost ADR day!! So exciting!!!! :D I hope you get everything you are wanting, hun!
Thank you!!! I hope so too!!! :goodvibes

2 days until ADRs! :thumbsup2
122 days until FP+! :cutie:
181 days until WDW!
:hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

Real quick drive-by update here... It's my last day at work before my 9 days of staycation, wooo! :hyper: As such, I'm getting all my ducks in a row for ADRS on Sunday morning!

I've put together my wishlist in ranked priority for scheduling ADRs. (YES, I worked in a dinner at Ohana... Ya'll are such bad influences!) :rotfl: Look it over and let me know what ya'll think of the booking order I've set up, please?

ADRwishlist1.png

What do ya'll think? Am I on the right track here? Your help is great appreciated! :goodvibes

Last edited:
Oh wow on the deluxe dining, I'd love to spend all those snack credits :rotfl2:

Congrats on still losing weight, if things get tough just look at how far you've come already and be proud :)

Your ADR's look great, the only thing I'd suggest is maybe booking your B&C sooner as it's so small in there that there will be less ADR's to book.

I agree with DisneyJo above. I would also put CP up there since you are trying to get an early ADR for PPO. I would probably put those two before Brown Derby.

Oh wow on the deluxe dining, I'd love to spend all those snack credits :rotfl2:
Especially during Food & Wine! I'm gonna be so happy to have those snack credits to use up!

Congrats on still losing weight, if things get tough just look at how far you've come already and be proud :)
Things are tough already... I'm stalled out AGAIN! I lost 5 lbs during the first week of the month, and NOTHING since! I thought I had lost one more pound, but it came back the very next day! My scale HATES me! :sad:

Your ADR's look great, the only thing I'd suggest is maybe booking your B&C sooner as it's so small in there that there will be less ADR's to book.
Hmm, is it really that tough to get? I'll bump it up to #7... :scratchin

I agree with DisneyJo above. I would also put CP up there since you are trying to get an early ADR for PPO. I would probably put those two before Brown Derby.
You think so? The only reason HBD is #2 is because I want it with the Fantasmic Dining Package, and when @hokieinpa did her ADRs for the week before me, she couldn't get ANY availability for it. So now I'm SCARED! :scared: For CP and GG, I can take a later breakfast time if I have to. PPO would just be ideal.

Your ADR list looks awesome!!!

YES, I worked in a dinner at Ohana

I knew you could do it lol. Maybe I need to look back at the rest of your plans - but why do you want 4pm for that O'hana? I'm sure you have a good reason, just wonderin' because it's pretty early to eat all that food...but then...anytime is a good time for that!!

Your ADR list looks awesome!!!
I know, right!!! :hyper:

I knew you could do it lol. Maybe I need to look back at the rest of your plans - but why do you want 4pm for that O'hana? I'm sure you have a good reason, just wonderin' because it's pretty early to eat all that food...but then...anytime is a good time for that!!
Because I'm squeezing it in before MNSSHP, and that is when they open for dinner! I figured 4pm Ohana is better than no Ohana at all! :goodvibes Similar reason to why my Boma dinner ADR is for 4:30pm... That's when they start dinner service, and I want to make sure that I have time to get back to AK in time for Rivers of Light!

You think so? The only reason HBD is #2 is because I want it with the Fantasmic Dining Package, and when @hokieinpa did her ADRs for the week before me, she couldn't get ANY availability for it. So now I'm SCARED! :scared: For CP and GG, I can take a later breakfast time if I have to. PPO would just be ideal.

Ok so I just checked 10/21 for HBD F! and there is availability that afternoon but the latest seating is 4:30. They must have just released more availability because before it was EMPTY. So I would still go for it early-ish on the list but maybe after GG and CP.

I love it all! Great list. And now you have me wanting to book a dinner at Ohana...

It's funny you say that. I've decided to just stick to tees and shorts/capris for this trip. It'll just be easier, because you're right, if the tees are loose-fitting because I've lost weight, no big deal. I won't lose enough in the next 6 months for them to be falling off of me or anything, so it'll be fine! I've already planned out what I'm wearing the whole week, figured out what I'm bringing that I already own, and what I still need to buy! And the plan is that whatever I buy, get it so that it's snug on me now. That way by October, it'll fit better! :thumbsup2

Also, if your clothes aren't fitting as well as you would like, it gives you an excuse to buy some at Disney;)

Did you read about the new day-of reservations for the Wishes Dessert Party? You might want to keep an eye out for reviews, so if it's getting too crowded, you could potentially cancel. I would book it though, because you can alway cancel. Good luck with the ADRs!

I was going to suggest bumping up B&C as well - it's one of the hardest ones to get because it seats so few people.

Other than that your plans look great.

P.S I've heard there are lots of issues booking Y&Y at the moment - it seems to have huge chunks of availability missing even at 180 days

P.S I've heard there are lots of issues booking Y&Y at the moment - it seems to have huge chunks of availability missing even at 180 days
I couldn't get a dinner time for Yak & Yeti except something like 4pm, which I didn't want, for our October trip. :(

As far as your picking order, Captain's Grille can drop to the bottom. That is never booked up. And I would think you could drop Boma to the bottom, too. Beaches and Cream should be fine where it is, I would think, since 2:30pm is not a popular time. Cape May should be okay where it is, too.

Good luck. :)

Obviously I have no advice to give on the matter at hand.
Best of success tomorrow!!!!!!
Can't wait to read that you got everything you wanted.

If you have the Landry card do you even need an ADR for Yak and Yeti? Otherwise I might also move B&C up.

I'm going to agree with everyone else who said move B&C up. It is really that small and routinely hard to get. Even though 2:30 is off from prime lunch/dinner time, those who weren't able to get a better time slot may have taken the off-times just to be able to get in.
Because if they're like me, they'll eat their ice cream whenever they can get it, time of day be damned!!!!:mickeybar:mickeybar

Just had to pop in to say I hope you have an awesome staycation! I'm jealous! Although I am going to DL this coming week for a few days so that'll help... ;)

Killing time until my ADR window opens by doing replies...

Ok so I just checked 10/21 for HBD F! and there is availability that afternoon but the latest seating is 4:30. They must have just released more availability because before it was EMPTY. So I would still go for it early-ish on the list but maybe after GG and CP.
YAY! That's good! I would happily take a 4:30pm!

I love it all! Great list. And now you have me wanting to book a dinner at Ohana...
That place is ADDICTIVE, I tell you!

Also, if your clothes aren't fitting as well as you would like, it gives you an excuse to buy some at Disney;)
Oh, how I wish! I'm sure even by October, I'm unlikely to find anything there to fit me!

Did you read about the new day-of reservations for the Wishes Dessert Party? You might want to keep an eye out for reviews, so if it's getting too crowded, you could potentially cancel. I would book it though, because you can alway cancel. Good luck with the ADRs!
I didn't know about that! I'll definitely look into it!

I was going to suggest bumping up B&C as well - it's one of the hardest ones to get because it seats so few people.
It's been moved up to #7!

Boooo! That's no good! I wonder if this is a regular problem with the Landry's-owned restaurants? I remember last year when I did ADRs for my December trip, T-Rex was the only one that gave me any trouble.

I couldn't get a dinner time for Yak & Yeti except something like 4pm, which I didn't want, for our October trip. :(
BOOOO! I'm hoping the fact that I want the first seating of the day, 11:00am, works in my favor!

As far as your picking order, Captain's Grille can drop to the bottom. That is never booked up. And I would think you could drop Boma to the bottom, too. Beaches and Cream should be fine where it is, I would think, since 2:30pm is not a popular time. Cape May should be okay where it is, too.

Good luck. :)
I hope you're right about 2:30pm being a good time for Beaches & Cream! I'll find out in about 10 minutes or so!

Obviously I have no advice to give on the matter at hand.
Best of success tomorrow!!!!!!
Can't wait to read that you got everything you wanted.
Thanks for the good juju!

If you have the Landry card do you even need an ADR for Yak and Yeti? Otherwise I might also move B&C up.
Probably not, I didn't have one when we went in December. I just popped in on a whim and flashed my Landry's card, and we were seated before the lobby full of waiting people. But the OCD control freak in me wants an ADR anyhow!

I'm going to agree with everyone else who said move B&C up. It is really that small and routinely hard to get. Even though 2:30 is off from prime lunch/dinner time, those who weren't able to get a better time slot may have taken the off-times just to be able to get in.
Because if they're like me, they'll eat their ice cream whenever they can get it, time of day be damned!!!!:mickeybar:mickeybar
Ice cream is good ANY TIME. But yes, I bumped it up the list to #7!

Wonderful Wish List! I could only dream...:genie:
And to think, this trip started out as my "quick little cheap trip" because I need to be saving for a newer car. That hasn't happened yet...

9 day Staycation. I can only dream!:laughing:
I'm only this lucky because I have vacation hours piled on top of vacation hours! I have to burn them up or else I lose them!

Just had to pop in to say I hope you have an awesome staycation! I'm jealous! Although I am going to DL this coming week for a few days so that'll help... ;)
Thanks! And I'm super jelly of your DL trip!

0 days until ADRs! :thumbsup2
120 days until FP+! :cutie:
179 days until WDW!
:hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

Oh man. What a morning it's been...

As most of you know, I'm on staycation this week. (YAAAAAAY! :hyper: ) And when I'm at work, it's easy to convince myself to go to the gym, because it's half a block from my office... which is a 25-minute drive from my home. With that being said, being off work, I know this week I'm going to struggle with getting to the gym. Then last night I had the brain child to come over early this morning, do my workout, then pop into the office to do my ADRs, since all my spreadsheets and notes are on this computer. Got to the gym by 4:30am, was at the office by 5:40am. All good, right? :thumbsup2

So I got everything pulled up on the computer, ready to go. Right at 6:00am, I was out of the gate and booking Ohana! Then Hollywood Brown Derby with the Fantasmic Dinner Package! Yeah! Rockin' and rollin'! :cool:

So then I go to book Garden Grill, grab the time slot that I want, get to the payment screen...

...Big red letters...

"We're sorry, your credit card has been declined. Please use another form of payment."

...I'm sorry, WHAT?!?!?!? o_O

22CEvbj04nLLq.gif

I try it again. And again. I back out, and start over. I try manually entering my CC info instead of just selecting the card on file. Again. I keep getting the same message. :badpc:

I have another card I could use... But of course, I didn't bring it with me, it's at home. :headache:

Then I remembered that about two weeks ago, I was sat down at the computer to pay bills for the month, as I always do, and when I got to the third bill... this card start declining. I called, and for some reason this month it triggered the security alert on it, and the card was shut down. :scared:

But I'm thinking SURELY that can't be the problem, this is just a reservation! Nothing should be hitting the card... Right? :confused3

So I call the bank's service center anyway, praying that somebody was there that early to take my call... There was, and thankfully due to the insane early hour, I didn't have to wait for a representative. I did, however, have to explain what happened, get transferred to another department, then get explain again. Fortunately, I got a really nice agent who saw right there on my account my multiple attempts to put charges through from the Walt Disney Company in the amount of $0.00 each. :eek: And because I was doing them so quickly, BAM, security flag on my account, card shut down! I could NOT freakin' believe it! It took less than 10 minutes total and she had it resolved. But still... what a PAIN in the butt! So unnecessary! >:(

SrmbefFbkiDGE.gif

So with that crisis averted... Everything else was smooth sailing. And I do mean EVERYTHING! Ta-Da! :D

ADR-Day.png

I scored everything I wanted within a 45 minute window of when I wanted it. I personally consider that to be a pretty successful ADR morning! :woohoo:

As you can see, for four of the reservations, I had to be a little sneaky, and book my ADR for a Party of 2. :tiptoe: For Ohana, it was giving me NO times for a Party of 1, and for the other three the times it gave me were all significantly later than what I wanted. But it's fine... In 2014, I booked all of my ADRs for a Party of 2 because at that point there was a small chance somebody might join me on the trip. They ended up not being able to, and instead I had an AMAZING solo trip, where I learned that all I have to do is tell the CM at the podium when I arrive that I'm a Party of 1 now, and it's absolutely no problem! :rolleyes1

Also, the Wishes Dessert party isn't on the above is because it's actually not available yet for booking for October. :oops:

So that was my ADR morning! Thanks for all the helpful advice, ya'll! I'M SO FREAKIN' EXCITED!!! Now I'm going home to have some breakfast, take a shower, and get some SLEEP! :faint: Ni ni, ya'll!

mguPrVJAnEHIY.gif

Last edited:
Loving your ADRs! Someday, I will follow in your footsteps, lose that 40 pounds like I'd planned, run away solo to WDW, and indulge in Deluxe Dining and the Beach Club.
My dieting has been in a slump. Too much cheating, and can't seem to focus. We only have 45 days until we jet off to Orlando, so I'm setting a nice 10 pound goal. I think that's reasonable.

OMG, I would have been crazy if my card was declined right then and there. I'm glad you were able to get all your ADR's. It must have been a huge relief after the credit card snafu. :)

I'm curious to see how the Wishes dessert party works out with their new system. The view from the hub has to be better than that crazy view from the TomorrowLand Terrace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter