Adulting is Hard, So I'm Running Away! ~ An Oct 2016 PTR ~ Update 10/19: Peace Out, Yo!

I love that credit card companies watch out for us but at the same time it's getting a little crazy.

So happy you got everything you wanted yahoooooo!

Now I am starting an over under pool on how many change you make :rotfl2:xoxox kidding.... Kinda

So excited for you that it all went well despite the cc crisis.
MAJOR SCORE!!!!!
Also :worship: on getting to the gym that early. NO FREAKIN WAY would I be up that early to go to a gym. Good for you.

Awesome job! Even with the scary CC problem. I just don't get what you can do about that sort of stuff. I usually do keep another card with me when booking, just in case. I don't even think you could call them ahead of time and explain what's about to happen, because I think it's an automatic response by the system. I always worry that the card I use to buy gas for my scooter is going to get frozen, because it has a small tank that only holds a few gallons. Supposedly, multiple small charges or small charges at gas stations can trigger a freeze.

I am very jealous of some of your ADRs. There are so many places that I want to try. Beaches & Cream looks really good, and we haven't been to Ohana yet either. Looks like the makings of an awesome trip.

Last edited:
OMG your gym is open at that time of day :faint: I don't think any here would be!!!

That's crazy about your credit card but thank goodness the phones were manned at that hour and you could sort it out quick. I never knew they actually put anything through on the card!!

Congrats on getting everything you wanted, you may still be able to tweak the times if you really wanted the original ones.

So, if I remember correctly, you were planning to stay up all night before booking your ADR's. Does this mean that you went to the gym that early on no sleep? Wowza!!

Congrats on getting everything you wanted!! Now you can get a nap in before your show premiers tonight!

Glad you got everything you wanted even with the credit card dramas!

Depending how my ADRs go in a couple of days I may end up being free on the 24th if you want company at O'hanas :cutie:

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 on getting all your ADR's!! And glad the cc issue got settled quickly and easily :sad2:
We had a cc problem on our Aug. 2014 trip, stemming from the banks "protecting" us - yes, I get it, they're saving us trouble but it's still a PITA! We arrived on a Sat. and went to Maya Grill for dinner; went to pay with Steve's debit card which we knew was good to use - declined. Couldn't call till Monday, UGH! Well, since we hadn't notified them we were going away they shut it off when they saw the Fla. charge. All got straightened out Monday.

Fast forward to Thursday when we went to eat breakfast at Pepper Market. We'd eaten there once already but paid cash; debit card declined, WHAT!!! Well, come to find out by calling bank AGAIN, Pepper Market shows up as a California charge so they once again shut off card :furious: OMG, Steve was not a happy camper that day and wasn't really liking his bank lol.

Anyway.......the eat's are all set and that's what's important!

Ah, super stressful moment there! How crazy that it was declined. But in a way, really good that your credit card company has those security catches in case something fishy is really going on.

But yay! All of your wishes have come true! Now, let the schedule tweaking begin!

Got to the gym by 4:30am

I don't understand. What is this 4:30am? I've never heard of it before.
Seriously, I'm mad impressed. I have trouble getting myself out of the house at 7 to go running. I'm insanely impressed that you made it to the gym by 4:30!

"We're sorry, your credit card has been declined. Please use another form of payment."

...I'm sorry, WHAT?!?!?!? o_O

What the ....?
Stupid credit card companies. It's nice that they're trying to save you from fraud, but ... holy bad timing, batman!
I'm glad it all got resolved in the end, though.

I scored everything I wanted within a 45 minute window of when I wanted it. I personally consider that to be a pretty successful ADR morning! :woohoo:

Yay! Amazing!! All the plans look great!

Also, the Wishes Dessert party isn't on the above is because it's actually not available yet for booking for October. :oops:

I don't know if you've heard about this, but ... if you can't get Wishes in advance, they're doing same-day reservations now. The viewing area is different (it's in the old FP+ viewing area), but you have access to the same desserts. And I think it's the same cost.
I don't know how to book it, though, so I'm basically useless.

So that was my ADR morning! Thanks for all the helpful advice, ya'll! I'M SO FREAKIN' EXCITED!!! Now I'm going home to have some breakfast, take a shower, and get some SLEEP! :faint: Ni ni, ya'll!

STAYCATION TIME!!! YAY!!!
Enjoy your Billie Time!

I'm on staycation this week.

Woo hoo staycation!! Enjoy every second of it!

Big red letters...

"We're sorry, your credit card has been declined. Please use another form of payment."

What the??? :scared1::scared1: I would have freaked

I scored everything I wanted within a 45 minute window of when I wanted it. I personally consider that to be a pretty successful ADR morning! :woohoo:

Awesomeness!!:thumbsup2 Glad everything worked the way you wanted it despite the snafu on the credit card.

Oh. My. Heart. Attack.
I would have had one right there.. Seriously! THANKFULLY you were able to get that cleared up and you have everything you wanted! YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so so happy for you!
Do you call them or do it on line??

Have a great staycation! good luck with exercising!

Oh man! I'm so glad all the ADRs worked out so well despite the CC issues. That's terrifying!

I'm so so so excited to hear about all these delicious food options :D :D Sounds like you've got everything covered - and I'm super jealous of your staycation. Hope you enjoy every second!

Wow, to the gym, to work, and making ADR's by 6 am while on vacation!!!! Pretty darn impressive Billie. Looks like you have some amazing meals planned. We did Garden Grill for the first time on our last trip and really enjoyed it. The food was great and the disney geek in me loved revolving over The Land. So cool. And our 2nd trip to Yacthsman was just as good as the first. I was afraid it wouldn't live up to the expectations but it did yet again. I think you are really gonna like this one and what a long commute you'll have to get there :-)

Can't believe all the credit card trouble you have. Funny I didn't even know that Disney ran credit cards as the one I have on file I got a replacement for a while back and it isn't even valid. Weird. But glad the bank was able to get it all straightened out.

Hope you enjoyed the rest of your staycation.

Your ADR list looks wonderful! Congratulations on getting through the credit card madness. My card was frozen while we were in Universal Studios, which startled me, but I have been hacked before and, due to the quickness of my bank, was saved years of hassles.

I am so excited for all your plans! Someday I will convince my husband to try M. Paul. He loves Chefs de France, but doesn't love 'dressing up' (even as lax as Disney is on dressing up). We are getting his feet wet with HBD this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter