ADR Time Change Question

Pumbaa7287

I am the great Stone Dragon!
Ok, I'll try to keep this brief, and probably fail, so bear with me please!

I made an ADR for Biergarten this Saturday for 5 people. A 6th person then joined our party, so I called the change the ressie. The first day I called they said no luck, but try back. When I called the next day, the CM immediately said yes, and changed it for me. Yay!

Then one of the six dropped out (oh to have avoided this headache!). I went on to MDE to check and saw the date of our reservation had been changed! We were now apparently eating this Thursday, which was a problem since we're arriving Saturday. I called, and after some finagling, spoke to a great CM who told me it was taken care of. We'd get our original reservation back, and I didn't have to do a thing.

Welp, now it's Tuesday night, and because I'm a bit OCD, I've been checking the MDE website frequently, and it still has us listed as having lunch on Thursday. I was told that because they were 'overbooking' for us on Saturday, that it might not show up on MDE, but that we'd be penciled in at the restaurant. I specifically asked if I should cancel the original ressie and she said no, it would be taken care of, and if they COULD put it on MDE, thats the confirmation number they used.

My concern is that we'll be charged on my card as a no show on Thursday, and I'll have no recourse because all I have is a cast member's word from a phone call. Any tips? Do I need to call back on this? Or am I being too impatient and need to trust in the Disney magic?

Did you link your reservation on the MDE? Usually when you call to make an ADR, it won't show up on the MDE page until you you click on "link a reservation", then enter your confirmation code. Then it should show up.
If you are really uncomfortable about the whole situation, you should give them a call again and have them read you your itinerary. This way, you can have another CM check on it and make sure that it sounds right to the both of you.

Thank you for the replies. As a small update, I called again and the woman I spoke to said I should definitely cancel the Thursday ressie that was now showing on MDE. She said that I could still give the confirmation number when I get there on Saturday to be able to explain what happened, but that if they told me I was being penciled in, they would know about it at the restaurant. Fingers crossed, I'll update again when I can.

ETA: jimandami, The problem was that we needed to increase the number by one, and that's when they changed the date from Sat. to Thurs... When I went back online to look in to decreasing it to 5, the mistake was already there. Unfortunately, if I'd have just left it alone in the beginning it would have been fine! lol

was told that because they were 'overbooking' for us on Saturday, that it might not show up on MDE

1) The overbooking is actually inserting you into a sold-out eatery or time-slot.
2) This is done by using the Override Code.
3) You ressie will still show in MDE.
NOTE: When people are told on the phone they have been added as an overbook, I am always skeptical; hence, you being told to bring the confirmation number and explain what happened - this tells me you DO NOT have the ADR. Few reservation people have the Dining Override Code, and usually only managers or ex-Concierge. Ressie folks are commission salespeople (OK, actually on a bonus system, but amounts to the same thing. They would be inserting people anywhere in order to get more sales. So, allowing ressie people a Dining Override is seldom allowed.

NOTE2: Some of us Concierge have the Override Code. With the exception of capacity-limited dining (eg. HDDR, Luau, V&A, BBQ), we can get any number of people into any restaurant on any day at any time. We use it sparingly, and typically only for WDW General Managers and above, Disney/ABC Vice-Pres and above, Marketing Dept guests, Level-1 and Level-2 VIP's (but, not Level-3). These ressies put the party ahead of anyone with an ADR after that time. Yes, it does back up the people waiting for a later table, but this is Restaurant Life. (One of the main reasons places like CR-CP-Ohana get so far behind the on ADR schedule at times.)

Back from our one day excursion.

It actually did not show up in the computer or on MDE Rusty, but they had a list printed out next to the computer, and our name was handwritten at the bottom of it. Disney Magic I suppose ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter