ADR for large group of people - Online or call?

riversend22

Mouseketeer
Hey all. My family is visiting my mother who lives in Orlando in a few weeks (4/19-4-23) and we would love to hit up a restaurant at DS for a late lunch or early dinner one night. We will have a large party of 9 people (possibly 11) and I'm having a very difficult time finding anything available. I know with limited things open, everything really could be booked up but does anyone know if you need to call to make ADRs for such a large party? It's no biggie if we can't find anything, I just wanted to see if anyone knew whether or not calling is better for a large party like ours. Thanks!

Hey all. My family is visiting my mother who lives in Orlando in a few weeks (4/19-4-23) and we would love to hit up a restaurant at DS for a late lunch or early dinner one night. We will have a large party of 9 people (possibly 11) and I'm having a very difficult time finding anything available. I know with limited things open, everything really could be booked up but does anyone know if you need to call to make ADRs for such a large party? It's no biggie if we can't find anything, I just wanted to see if anyone knew whether or not calling is better for a large party like ours. Thanks!
I'd check out this thread. Has some good info for large groups:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...vid-restrictions-party-size-question.3819551/

My group of 10 was at Disney two weeks ago. I made most of our reservations in two groups. When I got to check in I asked if it was possible to sit together or near each other. We were able to sit together at ogas, California grill, rainforest cafe, and San angel inn. Topolino, the plaza, and chef Mickey we sat close to each other. We also dinned at ravello and capa at the four season where we were able to get reservations for 10. For Disney springs only I would call. Wine bar George was able to accommodate 8 of us over the summer.

Homecomin' in DS was the only restaurant that allowed me to book an ADR for 9 for the Tuesday before Christmas. We had a great table on the patio and a wonderful meal! It was the only DS restaurant we wanted, though. Calling might help, even if they book you in two parties - most of our ADRs were split parties, and we simply made sure to check in early, both parties at the same time, with the CM at the podium (not via mobile checkin) and tell them we would appreciate being seated together. We were seated together everywhere but Sci-Fi - even at Beaches & Cream.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter