ADP Live From Universal & Disney World

That is correct.

i see Disney knows how to take care of its DVC owners!!
thanks for pointing that out Kathy.
by the way, do you know if it's possible to already rent points from someone to stay in BLT?
I guess i should mosey on over to the DVC point rental board and start doing some research..

Aaron, those night pictures from BLT are amazing!!

Another fabulous report Aaron especially the views and detail of the BLT tower lounge :goodvibes

wow, great pics of the lounge, really makes me want to rent points now! :goodvibes

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let you know we are back home safe and sound. I haven't posted the final day of our trip yet, but will soon. Right now I'm getting caught up with work, sleep and life back home.

More to come! :)

If you aren't DVC or a person using points then you can't use the lounge.

that's quite a perk!

so you mean that if i'm staying at BLT as a hotel guest (rather than DVC), i won't be entitled to use that lounge?

If I rent points I can use the Lounge though right?

Here is what DVC's website says about the BLT Top of the World lounge.

Due to anticipated high demand for this location, access is available only to Disney Vacation Club Members who are staying at Bay Lake Tower using their Membership (Vacation Points or cash), guests staying in the room with that Member, and guests who are staying in a room reserved by a DVC Member with Vacation Points. Access is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis.

Sunday, August 9th

Hi Everyone,

Sorry this is a bit late, but it was our last day so we wanted to get as much in as possible before our Magical Express bus pulled away from the Contemporary Resort.

Our bus was scheduled to depart at 4:30PM from the Contemporary so we still had the day in front of us. We decided to end our trip at 1900 Park Fare for breakfast. This is a character breakfast with Alice in Wonderland characters, Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, and Mary Poppins located on the 1st floor lobby of the Grand Floridian resort.
Picture246-1.jpg

The Grand Floridian lobby
Picture248-1.jpg

The loudest Mad Hatter I've ever heard!
Picture247-1.jpg

The food on the buffet was very good. There was a station for made to order omlettes. My only complaint was there are apparent cutbacks in the food offerings. There was nothing to put on top of our scrambled eggs like cheese, and veggies.

The restaurant is very noisey; especially with the Mad Hatter running around yelling. The ceilings are very high so it seem to echo pretty heavily.

Our total bill with the 20% discount and 18% gratuity was $54 for 2 adults and 1 child. A little expensive for breakfast. Our service was ok, but this was the one time I regretted telling our server we had a Tables in Wonderland card. I really felt our service was affected when the server knew she would get the 18% gratuity.

We paid our bill and decided to head over to the Magic Kingdom. We arrived around 11:00AM and the crowds were starting to file in. The Magic Kingdom was crowded. Sundays seem to be a busier day in the week. On our way to Adventureland we saw the piano player (I forget his name) getting his piano ready to play near the entrance to Casey's Corner.
Picture249-1.jpg

During our time at the Magic Kingdom we experienced Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Buzz Lightyear, the Laugh Floor, and our final ride of our trip was Splash Mountain. I was glad we got to experience it because we didn't get the chance the entire trip. It was a great way to end our vacation.

As we were exiting the park we discovered we had a little more time so we stopped for some soft serve ice cream. We tried the orange dole whip. It is very good, but the bottom line is it's orange soft serve ice cream. Maybe eating it at the Magic Kingdom makes it taste better. I'm not sure, but it tasted very good on a hot day.
Here's the menu at Aloha Isle. The orange soft serve is not listed specifically. You need to ask for it as orange soft serve.
Picture250-2.jpg

We headed back to the Contemporary and caught our Magical Express bus out front at 4:30. Surprisingly we ran into another Kim when the Magical Express bus picked up guests at the Polynesian. She was on the same bus as us, so we were able to catch up on our trip as we rode to the airport.

As usual we had a great time. I can handle 2 weeks of Orlando theme parks anytime. The only problem now is getting back to real life. The last 2 days have been hard. I was getting so used to the parks I think I saw Captain Jack Sparrow in our break room at work. :lmao:

I'll have some final thoughts about our trip in my final entry. Let me leave you with a few pictures we took during our trip I haven't posted yet.

Anna with a Morrocan fez hat
Picture254-1.jpg

Doing the Chicken Dance at the Kidani Village pool
Picture253-1.jpg

And finally, I say it's ok to exercise while on vacation! Core exercises.
Picture252-1.jpg

More to come! :)

You need to keep those legs straight and point your toes more!!

Also, do you usually tell them you have the TIW card? I try to wait until the bill arrives, is that okay to do it that way?

We always wait till after to let them know we have a TIW card.
I say it's o.k. :thumbsup2:rotfl2:

Also, do you usually tell them you have the TIW card? I try to wait until the bill arrives, is that okay to do it that way?

I always wait to tell - as far as I am concerned they are on a need to know basis. :rolleyes1

Actually, for that particular exercise they say to keep your heels extended. It makes it tougher to balance your body giving you a better core workout.

Typically not, but in this, for whatever reason, when our server asked if we were on the dining plan I said "no, but we have the TIW card". I usually don't offer that information, but for some reason I did this time. It was my one "V-8" moment I had on the trip.

Ok I have to say it - you are some kind of funky-looking chicken out there!! :rotfl: You're a great dad to get out there and dance with Anna (who btw is a fabulous looking chicken ;) )

Actually, for that particular exercise they say to keep your heels extended. It makes it tougher to balance your body giving you a better core workout.

Typically not, but in this, for whatever reason, when our server asked if we were on the dining plan I said "no, but we have the TIW card". I usually don't offer that information, but for some reason I did this time. It was my one "V-8" moment I had on the trip.

I C, looked like you were doing flutter kicks....

You only had ONE moment?

Don stop picking on Aaron or you might get a swat from one of your wives.:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Ok I have to say it - you are some kind of funky-looking chicken out there!! :rotfl: You're a great dad to get out there and dance with Anna (who btw is a fabulous looking chicken ;) )
Good thing I only posted a picture and not a video. :rolleyes:

You only had ONE moment?
Well, I had a few more, but that was the one where I actually hit myself in the head during the meal. :upsidedow

Aaron, your chicken dance technique looked better than your core exercise technique. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter