• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Addonitis- BLT, AKL, or CC

BLT for sure. There is NOTHING like the feeling you can walk to MK. Especially after a hot, sticky day at MK.

For 11 month booking priority, 75 points is not going to give you many days in a 1 bedroom at any of the resorts. Even banking and borrowing 100% would just about use up 3 years of points to stay a week.

I just added on and I added at AKV. my first two contracts are at CCV and I love it. Good location, great resort, relaxing and yet close enough to hustle and bustle. I picked AKV because I believe it is one of the best in terms of cost for what you get. i liked having options of value rooms, savannah, standard, and club level (which if you want to have a shot at booking you really need to own). I felt that at AKV my points will go far because standard one beds and studios aren’t as expensive as some other resorts. I LOVE BLT, but it was pricier. I didn’t add on at CCV because I wanted two home resorts. But ultimately I didn’t think too much about home resort because at 7 months I typically feel like I can get other things or at least a wait list comes through.
I really I wanted boardwalk, but I couldn’t bring myself to spend that amount on such a short contract, considering I’m 28

What is your overall point strategy? If your looking to book stays with 75 resale add on points combined with your existing 150, your locked into 7/mo bookings outside your home resort. I too enjoy the 1BD accommodations, and since that's "more your speed" your going to need to be combing those contracts, why look outside your home resort? SS add-ons are much less expensive than the resorts your inquiring about.

Our home resort is BLT, but there's no way we are adding on at their current rate, when we do add, it will be Saratoga Springs direct. We are totally fine with 7/mo bookings and love to use points at all DVC resorts.

CC is smaller, otherwise I love it. BLT is about 4/10ths of a mile away from Magic Kingdom and also has the monorail. Their pool is nice with a nice slide for kids/adults who are old enough to swim and to go on the big slide by themselves. But I love Animal Kingdom and I think kids will too. lt has a goof pool, the animals are fun and the decor is better, in my opinion, than BLT. BLT is nice, but a bit sterile for me.

I would say try staying at one or two of your choices before taking the plunge. After staying at a couple it will probably seem fairly obvious.

My husband and I bought our first contract earlier this year- 150 SS direct.

After really contemplating things, we are looking to add on around 75 points early next year. We’ve decided that one bedrooms are more our speed.

We do not have children yet, but are hoping to soon. We would like the one bedroom accommodation to help with toddlers and then a growing family.

Our top choices are CC, AKL, or BLT resale.

Copper Creek we like years on the contact. BLT we like for connivence. I love the theme of AKL and I think it would be fun for small children!

Does anyone have any pros/cons to a young family for any of these resorts?
My 2 cents...AKV is fairly easy to get at 7 months out, not so sure about BLT. But with little kids, the value of walking back to your resort (as opposed to waiting in line for a bus) at the end of a day at Magic Kingdom is priceless.

My 2 cents...AKV is fairly easy to get at 7 months out, not so sure about BLT. But with little kids, the value of walking back to your resort (as opposed to waiting in line for a bus) at the end of a day at Magic Kingdom is priceless.
Or how far you have to carry them at the end of the day. LOL

What theming do you like? Do you intend (yes I know plans change) to hold onto these contracts for the long term, past when your kids are young and/or after your kids grow up? What theming do you like?

BLT’s walk ability to the parks is fantastic, and when we first bought, I considered an add on at BLT for that reason. But as we thought about, we realized as the kids were getting older, MK was no longer the main/big draw. And we DO intend to have these for the long term. We just aren’t fans of the theming at BLT, whereas we LOVE Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge. We’d be happy to be “stuck” at both. We can envision resort stays there. So in the end, we bought in at BRV (for the studios that sleep 5 11-month priority), then added on at CCV and AKV.

While Value Studios can be hard to get, you really need to own at AKV to get them. And we’ve been pretty lucky to snag them - they really help to extend our points, especially when we bring family.
And we love the Animal Kingdom and I love mornings watching animals, so this is a win for us.

Addonitis is striking me again, and honestly I’m trying to decide between CCV, AKV and PVB. CCV I’d love enough points to book a cabin for a few nights over the holidays if we chose (and I’m almost there!). AKV to give us enough for 2 weeks a year in December. Or PVB to give us another resort - we do love PVB - but I recognize that we can usually get it at 7 months, it’s point chart is higher, and 50-100 points doesn’t go too far. DH and I waffle on this because we don’t NEED to own there, but WANT to own there, lol. But we have Wilderness Lodge so we have an MK resort.

really, I need to stop this desire to add on I think! But there’s never enough points. ;-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter