Adding spouse

That's the same way I searched through the OC Comptroller's website. I'm just waiting for the ROFR to come back from DVD so I can continue the process. The one thing I'm a little confused about is why so many of the records adding a new spouse, adult children etc., use a Warranty Deed vs. a Quit Claim Deed. I was going to go with Quit Claim, but am now second guessing myself.

Ok, it took me a couple of hours but I finally finished typing up my deed (I decided to go with a warranty deed). Question, two witnesses are required can one be my spouse (whom am adding to deed)? And the other, the notary public? TIA

Ok, it took me a couple of hours but I finally finished typing up my deed (I decided to go with a warranty deed). Question, two witnesses are required can one be my spouse (whom am adding to deed)? And the other, the notpppary public? TIA
I'm pretty sure no. The notary can sign as the witness they have to sign separately in the witness location. Generally a notary at the bank or similar can grab somebody else to act as a witness.

I'm pretty sure no. The notary can sign as the witness they have to sign separately in the witness location. Generally a notary at the bank or similar can grab somebody else to act as a witness.
Thank you

Process is finally complete. I would like to thank all of you for the input and advice on how to add my spouse to contract. It only cost me $46.20!!:cool1::cool1::thumbsup2

Congratulations huey578!
When I get time to think, ha!, I want to add my adult daughter to a small contract with me. Anyone know of a reason this wouldn't work for that too?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter