Adding adult children to contract

jimaok

Mouseketeer
I know all the pitfalls of adding kids( divorce, bickering etc) but can I add my three adult dds that do not live at home and if so, will they be considered full fledged members? Thank you.

Yes and yes. They say you can do it on your own but we did ours with the help of DVC and some firm in California. DVC makes it simple and both sides worked well together.

Yes, I just did this with my adult children. If the membership you are adding them to has blue card benefits, they will also be eligible for these too.

I did this twice - once for my divorce (removing my ex-wife) and once for moving it to a trust. The first time I did it thru Disney - was about $500. The second time I had my local lawyer do it and it was about $100. The process takes about 3 months. You may want to contact your lawyer and ask their fees and the benefits of a trust.

Adults are 18 and older, I did use the Disney title company and it cost me $475...but they got it done in about two weeks for me because I needed to add them to my SSR contract because they could finalize the contract at RIV.

Someone just posted they used LT transfers and it was about $200 for them to do it.

The process takes about 3 months

Mine took exactly 2 start to finish, and that was with delays on my part due to it being an emotional time. And I had to add me to the deed (I was an associate) and remove him.

Through LT Transfers, just about $200.

OP I still would think long and hard about adding them. I’d think long and hard about adding my son, and he’s just one person. Let alone 3 and that many possible complications in the future.

I added my 2 adult children (one does live out-of-state) in Summer 2018. . It took about 2 months and total cost (using the Title Co. that DVC recommends) was about $525.00. It was worth every penny. My daughter Honeymooned last year at Aulani and DL with her Blue Member Card and received all member benefits. My daughter, my son-in-law, and my son all have Gold APs now as well. I've also put them on my recent resale contract as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter